Most Science Is Crap

You make a hypothesis, then you go try and find out if it's true or not. Then if you think it's true you publish and then others try and prove you wrong.
Today a hypothesis is made, data is doctored to show what you want it to. Then you publish it and Obama hands you a $100M grant to determine the impacts of manmade global warming on bikini colors.

Research is big business on all sides. The pressure put on researchers and scientists might get a little too much for them. However most scientists don't doctor what they have. They might take liberties with it, putting their own bias on it. However, like I said, this is how we move forwards.

Think about it the other way, Galileo came up with a theory, proved it, then was treated badly for going against what other people just "believed" or wanted to believe.

Is this better?
Until about 40 years ago studies were peer reviewed prior to publication. Today everyone is making outlandish claims for money. Like the OP says, most science coming out today is crap.

Evolution is a theory, like Electrodynamics led to PC and the internet, and here we are, TA DA! Science isn't magic or religion hoodoo, It works. It might have issues, but we work them out. Frauds are exposed. Life and science, go on.

Theory Of Evolution proves that statement true. Theres no way a human can birth a monkey. Its all made up garbage libtards force on kids to keep them away from the Bible
What came first, a baby human or adult human?

What came first, when there was nothing?
What does this even mean?

Exactly what it says.
People can't grasp that the cosmos are eternal and our universe it just one universe in infinite universes that live and die

It easier for them to think a God is eternal but before and after us he just sat around bored

You make a hypothesis, then you go try and find out if it's true or not. Then if you think it's true you publish and then others try and prove you wrong.
Today a hypothesis is made, data is doctored to show what you want it to. Then you publish it and Obama hands you a $100M grant to determine the impacts of manmade global warming on bikini colors.

Research is big business on all sides. The pressure put on researchers and scientists might get a little too much for them. However most scientists don't doctor what they have. They might take liberties with it, putting their own bias on it. However, like I said, this is how we move forwards.

Think about it the other way, Galileo came up with a theory, proved it, then was treated badly for going against what other people just "believed" or wanted to believe.

Is this better?
Until about 40 years ago studies were peer reviewed prior to publication. Today everyone is making outlandish claims for money. Like the OP says, most science coming out today is crap.

Not necessarily.

Peer review · Sense about Science

"More than one million scientific research papers are published in scientific journals worldwide every year."

Such research is peer reviewed.

Distinguishing between peer reviewed work and un-peer reviewed work is essential.

Like with any evidence, people should look at who, what, when, where, why, how etc.

Then you are looking at a rock and typing on a log, you walk everywhere, kill your own food every day, don't know what a doctor is, cannot fly, don't know what the sun is or any of the stars in the sky, still think the world is flat and you'll fall off if you sail too far, don't know what a high rise building is, can't read the bible or any other printed word because there are no printed words, and people like Sarah Palin and George Bush don't appear to be empty-skulled dullards.

But people flying through the air and talking to snakes is perfectly rational.

morons-demotivational-poster-1227797834_zpskyj5drsh.jpg

Then you are looking at a rock and typing on a log, you walk everywhere, kill your own food every day, don't know what a doctor is, cannot fly, don't know what the sun is or any of the stars in the sky, still think the world is flat and you'll fall off if you sail too far, don't know what a high rise building is, can't read the bible or any other printed word because there are no printed words, and people like Sarah Palin and George Bush don't appear to be empty-skulled dullards.

The only empty-skulled dullards I am concerned with are the ones who don't read the articles, but base their idiot blatherings on their autonomic response to certain key words.

Yes, you.

When you figure out what it is you are talking about, feel free to continue. After all, you always add so much to the conversation.

The only empty-skulled dullards I am concerned with are the ones who don't read the articles, but base their idiot blatherings on their autonomic response to certain key words.

Yes, you.

When you figure out what it is you are talking about, feel free to continue. After all, you always add so much to the conversation.

An article on a biblical website about science, hmm wonder what that would be about.

It's easy, give up everything science has brought you in your life right now. Don't talk to me, just unplug, get your hunting rock out and go find dinner. You'll find everything you want to eat other than plants runs real fast.

The OP is a fallacy, the fact you are using a computer to post it demonstrates this in spades. You have your biblical view which is fine, I have no problem with people believing in whatever they like. But let's stay on the reality side of the tracks yes?

Yes, you.

An article on a biblical website about science, hmm wonder what that would be about.

It's easy, give up everything science has brought you in your life right now. Don't talk to me, just unplug, get your hunting rock out and go find dinner. You'll find everything you want to eat other than plants runs real fast.

The OP is a fallacy, the fact you are using a computer to post it demonstrates this in spades. You have your biblical view which is fine, I have no problem with people believing in whatever they like. But let's stay on the reality side of the tracks yes?

Again, when you understand the nature of this discussion, feel free to re-engage.

BTW, a "biblical view" ain't it.

What a fucking liar you are. Wouldn't want you working around me. Anyone that has had any experiance in science recognizes the damned lies you are peddling. Exactly why the scientific community does not like you 'Conservatives'. A bunch of knownothing lying ignoramouses.

Yes, you.

I read a few paragraphs into your article, and decided it was not worth the time. Pure bullshit.

What a fucking liar you are. Wouldn't want you working around me. Anyone that has had any experiance in science recognizes the damned lies you are peddling. Exactly why the scientific community does not like you 'Conservatives'. A bunch of knownothing lying ignoramouses.

Wow, you start a post with an insult... I don't need to go further, do I?

Forum List

Back