Most repubs say Mitt will be GOP nominee

I think Most people want a government that is able to address the problems of the nation, not a small ineffective government whose motto is survival of fitness.

i'm sorry, when did we all take a vote on a government that tells us what kind of lightbulbs we have to use and how much water we can have in our toilet bowls?

When did we all agree that we wanted a government that takes 40% of what we make?

government can't address the problems of the nation when more often than not, it is the problem.

The problem all the Republican candidates face is the Tea Party is the only strong voice in the Republican Party. Yet, the Tea Party is increasingly swimming against the tide of public opinion among most Americans. For a candidate to win the nomination, they need some support from the Tea Party but in the general election they need the support of the people which are not one and the same.

By next November, people will be so sick and tired of Obama that you could have the most foaming at the mouth Teabagger and he'd stand a pretty good chance of winning.

And honestly, who says they are? Most people I know agree with the basic principles of the TEA Party. We are Taxed too much, government is too intrusive and wastes too much money.

Even Obama is admitting that now, albeit with his fingers crossed behind his back.
I think Most people want a government that is able to address the problems of the nation, not a small ineffective government whose motto is survival of fitness.

Would you rather have a small ineffective government or would you rather have a big ineffective government that works agianst the freedom and liberty of the people????

True conservatives understand that the bigger the government gets the more controls on the market, the less freedom, and higher taxes. Liberals think the government is benevolent and good, and that more government is the answer. I think its lack of education and brains that leads them to this. It is always easy to try and appoint a big brother to take care of everything for you, but that only results in big brother ineffectivly managing every aspect of your life.

The problems we have today are because of to much government. Ron Paul 2012, its all got to go. Time to return to the constitution and the rule of law. Take the money, the corruption and the cronyism out of politics. Restore accountability and empower the justice system. Only when the people have control of the government once agian will we be able to sit down and work together to solve our problems.

i'm sorry, when did we all take a vote on a government that tells us what kind of lightbulbs we have to use and how much water we can have in our toilet bowls?

When did we all agree that we wanted a government that takes 40% of what we make?

government can't address the problems of the nation when more often than not, it is the problem.
The conservative answer is not to fix what is wrong with government but to do away with it. Allow businesses to sell whatever they choose without regard to safety or environmental damage. Solve the problems in public education by abolishing it. Solve the climate change problem by denying it. Fix welfare fraud by abolishing welfare. Just start doing away with government and all problems will disappear.

You GOP geniuses might as well vote for Obama because a vote for the fusion center thinker upper, the wall street puppet, and the predictable, Mormon establishment stooge is just an extension of the same crap. Not a dimes difference.

I disagree with Jroc that very many people have a woody for Mormons.

But Romney is totally unispiring. To win elections you need to make the voters feel their guy has a stake in the contest. And it is with them, rather than the powers that be in DC. Romney is the guy winning candidates campaign against.

Every two years for part of the government, every four years for another part, and every six years for another part.

"We" don't "all" need to agree in order for something to become law. That's not how a republic works.

The problem all the Republican candidates face is the Tea Party is the only strong voice in the Republican Party. Yet, the Tea Party is increasingly swimming against the tide of public opinion among most Americans. For a candidate to win the nomination, they need some support from the Tea Party but in the general election they need the support of the people which are not one and the same.

By next November, people will be so sick and tired of Obama that you could have the most foaming at the mouth Teabagger and he'd stand a pretty good chance of winning.

And honestly, who says they are? Most people I know agree with the basic principles of the TEA Party. We are Taxed too much, government is too intrusive and wastes too much money.

Even Obama is admitting that now, albeit with his fingers crossed behind his back.

survival of fitness.

*shrugs* Michelle is all over that....wheres the outrage?:lol:

Every two years for part of the government, every four years for another part, and every six years for another part.

"We" don't "all" need to agree in order for something to become law. That's not how a republic works.

the sad truth.

Clinton was superior to Obama in almost every way.

The conservative answer is not to fix what is wrong with government but to do away with it. Allow businesses to sell whatever they choose without regard to safety or environmental damage. Solve the problems in public education by abolishing it. Solve the climate change problem by denying it. Fix welfare fraud by abolishing welfare. Just start doing away with government and all problems will disappear.
That's not what I heard. We're for government, just not the be-all and end-all that strong central governments become. We're for state's rights, and that has been going on for 236 years now. Unions tend to look at the government and say to themselves "Whoopee, free money for the taking," and then go for all of it and public debt to boot so they can get their share first. Furthermore, the NEA is in cahoots with lawyers and community organizers, and parents and their children mean less and less to them every year, while fringe benefits mean more and more. Republicans stand for leaving no child behind, which galls the opposition to no end. *sigh*.

Schools have become propaganda machines for an abortive society going the wrong way. We're not having our children getting atheism crammed down their throats every minute of the day.

Government is being used to levy hardships on Christian beliefs. We're just going to downsize its authority to override the first amendment among other freedoms we have as Americans.

the sad truth.

I was in elementary school when he was president so can't say for sure but that seems to be the prevailing opinion. The way things are shaping up if I was putting money on the election I'd have Obama narrowly winning by default. Still a long ways to go though and Romney is probably right now the most formidable opponent Obama could face.

Of course, Romney has the best chance of winning. The Republican and Democratic party's only interest is in winning, not making a political statement.

The only goal of capitalism is profit. The only goal of politics is winning. Nothing else matters.

Exactly.

The mistake many partisan rightists make is assuming the entire Nation perceives Obama as they, that every voter is chomping at the bit to ‘vote against Obama.’

That’s never how American presidential politics has ever worked, look at Lincoln, Truman, Clinton, and GWB.

Voters aren’t going to vote for just anyone, someone whom they dislike, only to ‘get rid’ of Obama. That’s delusional nonsense. The hate the right has for Obama isn’t felt by the Nation as a whole. If any conservative took his head out of the echo chamber long enough he’d realize that.

Would you rather have a small ineffective government or would you rather have a big ineffective government that works agianst the freedom and liberty of the people????
Neither. I want a government strong enough to carry out the will of the American people. I certainly don't want a confederation of American states where the central government is concerned only with defense and commerce between the states, a nation in which the right to public education, environmental protection, and civil rights depends on each state.

Last edited:

the sad truth.

I was in elementary school when he was president so can't say for sure but that seems to be the prevailing opinion. The way things are shaping up if I was putting money on the election I'd have Obama narrowly winning by default. Still a long ways to go though and Romney is probably right now the most formidable opponent Obama could face.

hey at the time it was hard to tell Sheldon. but I'll provide some food for thought, Clinton aside form 1992- 1994, didn't have congress, there after he had a hostile congress, both house's rep. from jan 95 thru the end.

yet? balanced budgets, important welfare reform, base closures, positive economy etc etc.

now? flash forward, 2009, april 09 thru Jan 10, dem. supra majority, dem WH, there after a reconciliation majority till jan 11.

*shrugs* it is what it is. I never thought I would say it, but, Clinton has had his legacy forwarded significantly in just 10 years. Fate is a strange mistress.

Works for me.

All of those problems could be solved by informed consumers and people taking matters into their own hands.

Let's take your company that wants to sell "whatever they choose". Okay. The thing is, someone must be willing to buy it, and if a product isn't quality, eventually, they won't have customers.

Same thing with public education, which doesn't do a lot of educating. Let people have their own money back, let them form their own schools in communities and churches, and the problem is solved.

Exactly.

The mistake many partisan rightists make is assuming the entire Nation perceives Obama as they, that every voter is chomping at the bit to ‘vote against Obama.’

That’s never how American presidential politics has ever worked, look at Lincoln, Truman, Clinton, and GWB.

Voters aren’t going to vote for just anyone, someone whom they dislike, only to ‘get rid’ of Obama. That’s delusional nonsense. The hate the right has for Obama isn’t felt by the Nation as a whole. If any conservative took his head out of the echo chamber long enough he’d realize that.

I don't think people "hate" Obama, but they don't like the job he's doing, and that can be fatal in and of itself. No president with a 40% approval rating is going to get re-elected.

At the time he got re-elected, most people approved of the job GWB was doing. He had a 53% approval rating, and got 51% of the vote.

The same can be said of Clinton. He had a pretty good approval rating when he stood for re-election. Although the same kind of thinking that you are advocating with the Weird Mormon Robot was what people said about Dole. Dole was "moderate" "Electable", "Acceptable". And a horrible candidate.

I should also point out that a majority of voters in 1996 DID vote against Clinton. Except some of them voted for H. Ross Perot instead. He only got 49% of the vote. The same could be said of Harry Truman. He only got 48% of the vote. Lincoln doesn't even count since half the country couldn't vote.

All of those problems could be solved by informed consumers and people taking matters into their own hands.

Which explains why cocaine was once used as an addicting ingredient in sodas without the consumer's knowledge.

Let's take your company that wants to sell "whatever they choose". Okay. The thing is, someone must be willing to buy it, and if a product isn't quality, eventually, they won't have customers.

You forget, when we get the government out of regulating things and regress into lassie faire capitalism, monopolies arise and take the choice away from consumers.

Same thing with public education, which doesn't do a lot of educating. Let people have their own money back, let them form their own schools in communities and churches, and the problem is solved.

Yeah, because that was working so well before.

Forum List

Back