Most People Believe in Intelligent Alien Life, do you?

Why does there seem to be no alien sentient life (ET)? best three answers in your opinion

• because there is none

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • it is too far away to contact us

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • our technology is too primitive to contact ET

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • ET choses not to contact us yet

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • ET is not advanced enough to contact us

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • ET contacted Earth long before mankind evolved

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • ET has contacted us but the governments cover it up

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • ET destroys itself before it can contact us or other intelligent life.

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And we are still bound by the same physics and chemistry they were 300 years ago.
In spite of your fascination with warp speed if Scotty can get you more power, we have seen what happens when particles are accelerated.
In spite of your fantasies that life can form on barren planets because their life forms are different......it won't happen. The basic compound H2O is essential

Back to the OP. An intelligent life form capable of contacting us would be at such a great distance that we would never know it.
and you are still bound by the same close mindedness that people like Galileo and Copernicus had to put up with..people with your mindset RW have been the bane of thinkers for centuries......no need to try to do anything different or new because as you say it wont work.....
They also dreamed about time travel and turning lead into gold

You are welcome to your Sci-fi fantasies. I understand their limitations
you sound just like those guys dean says are anti science .....they think we are at our limits of science and technology too,just maintain everything,we cant go no further...
Are you saying Einstein was anti science?
He is the one saying travel at the speed of light is not possible. You will not find many scientists who would agree with you

It seems you are anti science
did i say that?or did you just say it?.....just like dean you try to change what someone is talking about...you had better tell NASA that,they think like i do....

NASA starts building faster-than-light warp engine

Interesting, but I see one problem right away. They claim that since nature can travel at the speed of light, why can't we?
Nature? You mean photons, electrons, quarks? Not the same as even simple life.
"At the speed of light?" Still going to take millions of years to travel anywhere.

There is no way around the truth, we are for all intents and purposes, alone in the universe.

and you are still bound by the same close mindedness that people like Galileo and Copernicus had to put up with..people with your mindset RW have been the bane of thinkers for centuries......no need to try to do anything different or new because as you say it wont work.....

you sound just like those guys dean says are anti science .....they think we are at our limits of science and technology too,just maintain everything,we cant go no further...
He is the one saying travel at the speed of light is not possible. You will not find many scientists who would agree with you

did i say that?or did you just say it?.....just like dean you try to change what someone is talking about...you had better tell NASA that,they think like i do....

Interesting, but I see one problem right away. They claim that since nature can travel at the speed of light, why can't we?
"At the speed of light?" Still going to take millions of years to travel anywhere.

There is no way around the truth, we are for all intents and purposes, alone in the universe.
i dont believe that....this is a pretty fucking big universe...and they said they are not breaking any laws of physics just getting around them like bending space....

and 300 years ago they laughed at the idea of flying in a machine to the moon...you remind me of the guy who said back in 1899 "Everything that can be invented has been invented."....pretty close minded RW....you sure your not one of those people dean talks about?....

And we are still bound by the same physics and chemistry they were 300 years ago.
In spite of your fascination with warp speed if Scotty can get you more power, we have seen what happens when particles are accelerated.
In spite of your fantasies that life can form on barren planets because their life forms are different......it won't happen. The basic compound H2O is essential

Back to the OP. An intelligent life form capable of contacting us would be at such a great distance that we would never know it.

Wilbur and Orville used to dream about flying in a machine.....

My friend, if we follow your logic, then ALL things are possible given enough time. That simply isn't true. Physics, Chemistry, Math, etc., must have rules or everything in this universe ceases to exist or function. These laws MUST be obeyed.

Could there be a way around the laws? Perhaps. Like wormholes, and folding space-time. But not only has that hope all but vanished, there never was any certainty that humans or life for that matter, could survive the trip.
Could there be a way around the laws? Perhaps
so should we have rw's attitude and not try to get around those rules?....in 300 years folding space-time may be as common as getting on an airplane and flying across the country...

My friend, if we follow your logic, then ALL things are possible given enough time. That simply isn't true. Physics, Chemistry, Math, etc., must have rules or everything in this universe ceases to exist or function. These laws MUST be obeyed.

Could there be a way around the laws? Perhaps. Like wormholes, and folding space-time. But not only has that hope all but vanished, there never was any certainty that humans or life for that matter, could survive the trip.
so should we have rw's attitude and not try to get around those rules?....in 300 years folding space-time may be as common as getting on an airplane and flying across the country...
I understand you perfectly

Anything is possible if you hunker down and try hard. Travel faster than the speed of light, time travel, mental telepathy, beam me up Scotty .....

We just haven't found the right scientist yet

Anything is possible if you hunker down and try hard. Travel faster than the speed of light, time travel, mental telepathy, beam me up Scotty .....

hey how come when you said not many scientist would agree with me about getting around the laws of physics governing light speed you had no comment about NASA trying to do just that?...there other institutions also trying to do this.....could it be you were wrong?....or are you playing republican this week?...

Nobody knows for certain just how many stars there are in the universe or how many have habitable planets. Like primitives were awed by muskets and pistols, we will be astounded by the scientific advancements shown by other races from across the galaxy.

How many "miracle advancements" might have come from such sources?

How many artists or others were subtly influenced by others from far away?

hey how come when you said not many scientist would agree with me about getting around the laws of physics governing light speed you had no comment about NASA trying to do just that?...there other institutions also trying to do this.....could it be you were wrong?....or are you playing republican this week?...
Did you read your own article?
Do you know what a photon is?

Did you read your own article?
Do you know what a photon is?
did you read the article?....just this Wednesday i seen a news segment with some of the scientist from JPL out here....those guys were showing how NASA intends to bend space and they say it is getting to be very promising,maybe not in our time but down the line .....i think i will listen to those who actually have a degree behind their names RW...im not like you republicans i dont discard what scientist say because 100 years ago they said it cant be done.....things have progressed....yea i know you were told to just be content with what is here today.....but then thats the way closed mindedness works....

i dont believe that....this is a pretty fucking big universe...and they said they are not breaking any laws of physics just getting around them like bending space....

Remember, I said "for all
Intents and purposes".

You are resting all your hopes and dreams on folding space-time. That hasn't even been proven that it can be done. There is still the question of "even if we could do it, will it be a form of transportation? Will humans survive it?" We have been able to seal things up in plastic and keep them fresh, we've been able to do that for decades, can't keep a human fresh like that.

You are resting all your hopes and dreams on folding space-time. That hasn't even been proven that it can be done. There is still the question of "even if we could do it, will it be a form of transportation? Will humans survive it?" We have been able to seal things up in plastic and keep them fresh, we've been able to do that for decades, can't keep a human fresh like that.

Rats. Another storage medium denied to Planned Parenthood for excess spare parts!

Rats. Another storage medium denied to Planned Parenthood for excess spare parts!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 59

Forum List

Back