Most Overrated and Underrated Musical Artists...

I'll start with a few on my list of Most Overrated... in no particular order...

Bruce Springsteen... yeah sure... he put out a few great tunes... but the "Boss"...?! nah...

Paul McCartney... put out a few pleasant tunes summa those times when he took the roll of lead composer back when he was with the Beatles... but then there were all those other tedious tunes he was guilty of... yeah, he was fun from time to time with Wings... but "Sir Paul"...?! gimme a break... St. Pauly = weak beer

Moody Blues... had a coupla good Top 40 tunes early on... but then they launched into tedious pompous pretentiousness... killed it for me...

Paul Simon... great composer early in his career... went off on a boring tangent soon after going solo... and sucked as a live performer...

Bob Dylan... another great composer who lost his way after the mid-70's... and sucked big time as a live performer...

Rolling Stones... one of the all-time great acts of the 60's... became parodies of themselves after the mid-70's... shoulda gone down in a plane crash after Exile On Main Street... Bill Wyman had the right idea gettin' out while he still had something left of his self respect...

Neil Young... was always a full-of-himself pain in the ass... and after Harvest, wasn't worth the plastic he was stamped on... gimme my money back, MasterCard...

Elvis Presley... will always rightfully have a special place in the pantheon of 50's rock 'n roll greats... but he really sucked in the 60's... and I don't even wanna talk about the 70's...

eta... feel free to disagree with me... that's what I'm here for... :eusa_angel:

Elton John.

Started doing movie soundtracks.

meh... I overlooked Elton John... and, yeah... he's fuckin' overrated... 'specially since he insisted on going all gay in your face...

I'll start with a few on my list of Most Overrated... in no particular order...

Bruce Springsteen... yeah sure... he put out a few great tunes... but the "Boss"...?! nah...

Paul McCartney... put out a few pleasant tunes summa those times when he took the roll of lead composer back when he was with the Beatles... but then there were all those other tedious tunes he was guilty of... yeah, he was fun from time to time with Wings... but "Sir Paul"...?! gimme a break... St. Pauly = weak beer

Moody Blues... had a coupla good Top 40 tunes early on... but then they launched into tedious pompous pretentiousness... killed it for me...

Paul Simon... great composer early in his career... went off on a boring tangent soon after going solo... and sucked as a live performer...

Bob Dylan... another great composer who lost his way after the mid-70's... and sucked big time as a live performer...

Rolling Stones... one of the all-time great acts of the 60's... became parodies of themselves after the mid-70's... shoulda gone down in a plane crash after Exile On Main Street... Bill Wyman had the right idea gettin' out while he still had something left of his self respect...

Neil Young... was always a full-of-himself pain in the ass... and after Harvest, wasn't worth the plastic he was stamped on... gimme my money back, MasterCard...

Elvis Presley... will always rightfully have a special place in the pantheon of 50's rock 'n roll greats... but he really sucked in the 60's... and I don't even wanna talk about the 70's...

eta... feel free to disagree with me... that's what I'm here for... :eusa_angel:

Elton John.

meh... I overlooked Elton John... and, yeah... he's fuckin' overrated... 'specially since he insisted on going all gay in your face...

btw... I blame Elton John for encouraging the overabundance of flaming homos who insist upon flaunting their queerness on nationwide TV... watching America's Got Talent this past season, I started to wonder if faggots had taken over the world...

Elton John.

btw... I blame Elton John for encouraging the overabundance of flaming homos who insist upon flaunting their queerness on nationwide TV... watching America's Got Talent this past season, I started to wonder if faggots had taken over the world...

I guess you don't have any Liberachi albums

I guess you don't have any Liberachi albums

lol... interestingly enough, as a young kid in the 50's, I grew up loving Libarace... his TV show was one of my fav's...

Yeah, Cracker is definitely underrated. If you like them, you should check out Sparklehorse - another underrated band. The late Mark Linkous (who was essentially Sparklehorse) was good friends with Cracker's David Lowery.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y1LJjdkDP4]Sparklehorse - Hammering The Cramps - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhM_PZkMAiQ]sparklehorse - sunshine - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GcjQDllMOw]Sparklehorse - King of Nails - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Grossly underrated

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt6Uq0fzjBY&feature=related]Reverend Horton Heat - Beer 30 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PERR3e4qdqE]The Reverend Horton Heat-It Hurts Your Daddy Bad.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back