Most open administration in history?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Quantum Windbag, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Obama apparently loves journalists who are aggressive in pursuing stories, as long as they investigate someone other than him. He has used the espionage act to prosecute leaks twice as much as it has been used in entire history of its existence.

The WH Loves Aggressive Journalism — Abroad — Today’s Q’s for O’s WH — 2/22/2012 - ABC News

2. Wiseacre

Wiseacre Retired USAF Chief Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    Don't know that I can compare the Obama Admin to any other, but I do think their record is far from spotless. Especially at the DOJ over things like Fast and Furious, these guys stonewall like crazy.

3. Syphon

Syphon BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +83
    so youre saying he shouldnt use the espionage act to prosecute people who leak classified information? this is a slippery slope you walk. i agree that yes there are probably something that should be public and would be in the public well being, but at the same time other information needs to remain classified.

torture memos, should definitely be released, but im sure there are many other memos that need to stay a secret.

4. Quantum Windbag

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    If torture memos should be released why is he going after someone who released torture memos? The neat thing about my position is you defend it for me.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Syphon

Syphon BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +83
    i never said i didnt agree with it. just because i support Obama doesnt mean i support him blindly. his administration need to explain itself. but im not going to use this one single disagreement as a reason to bash everything else he has done.

6. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,775
    Finally, some right wing support for Bradley Manning.

7. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,009
    One can note an obvious lie or inconsistency without actually supporting the act.

One must ask though, since Bush was such a dullard and so prone to taking over, according to you all, why is it that Obama has to invoke a law 6 times that Bush did not invoke more then at most 3 times in 8 years?

Why do Government employees feel the need to leak information 4 times as fast under Obama then they did under Bush? ( 6 in 4 years as opposed to 3 at most in 8)

Why is it that whistle blowers find themselves charged with crimes under Obama when there are laws protecting whistle blowers?

Why is that Obama proclaimed in 2008 and 2009 that his administration would be the most open in the History of the Country but in fact it is one of the most secretive to come down the pike?

For example I can note that he has invoked a law against leaks 6 times and in the history of the law it was only used 3 times before him without actually meaning that I oppose prosecuting leakers of National Secrets.

8. Quantum Windbag

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    This is far from the only disagreement anyone should have with him. He brought charges against Thomas Drake for using the channels set up by the government for whistle blowers to report malfeasance. The ACLU has alleged that the Obama administration is using the espionage act to prosecute whistle blowers, and it is actually causing the press to question the motivations of the administration.

9. Quantum Windbag

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Bush never invoked it. Obama is actually going after leaks Bush shrugged off.

10. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,863
    The Most Fucked Up Administration in American History.

At least Carter is off the hook.