Most importantly we need to create jobs, increasing taxes helps attain that how?

I make plenty of money, and I am not jealous of anyone

But your personal attack is not an answer to the question.

What is more important, that American children get an education, that our people get healthcare, that roads and bridges get fixed, that advanced materials research be done, that our military be supplied with the best equipment, that old people be taken care of, that our debt be paid down, that our food and water is safe, that our environment is clean, OR THAT A BILLIONAIRE GETS A NEW YACHT???

Your theory that the there exists such a trade-off hasn't been demonstrated.

It's just another page in the Dim class warfare manual.

Only the truly stupid are fooled by these tactics.

Personal insults are all you have? How sad for you.

No, this country has taken the wrong track every time a Republican was elected president. Reagan and the two Bushes reduced taxes for the rich and created 93% of the National Debt. Go to reaganbushdebt.org for the figures.

This effectively transferred $13 TRILLION DOLLARS from the middle class taxpayer to the wealthy. In addition, in the last 40 years, 80% of the after tax income increase in America went to the top 1%.

So what needs to be done? The Bush tax cuts need to be repealed. The top rate needs to be increased by 3%, and tax policy should favor innovation and job growth instead of handouts for the wealthy.

What is more important, that American children get an education, that our people get healthcare, that roads and bridges get fixed, that advanced materials research be done, that our military be supplied with the best equipment, that old people be taken care of, that our debt be paid down, that our food and water is safe, that our environment is clean, OR THAT A BILLIONAIRE GETS A NEW YACHT???

No, this country has taken the wrong track every time a Republican was elected president. Reagan and the two Bushes reduced taxes for the rich and created 93% of the National Debt. Go to reaganbushdebt.org for the figures.

This effectively transferred $13 TRILLION DOLLARS from the middle class taxpayer to the wealthy. In addition, in the last 40 years, 80% of the after tax income increase in America went to the top 1%.

So what needs to be done? The Bush tax cuts need to be repealed. The top rate needs to be increased by 3%, and tax policy should favor innovation and job growth instead of handouts for the wealthy.

The Democrats are the party of "just not getting it"

What colour is the sky in your world? If only it was that simple "grasshopper"
:eusa_angel:

Three Little Pigs: How Entitlements Will Destroy Us

Our national debt recently topped the $13 trillion mark. That amounts to nearly 90% of this country's GDP; $72,000 in debt for every household in America
Now add Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security, and Obama's 2011 budget has a $1.27 trillion deficit. It's the entitlements, stupid.

Nor can you tax your way out of debt. Eliminate all of the Bush tax cuts, including the tax cuts for low- and middle-income Americans, and you would reduce the debt by perhaps 10% — assuming you didn't cripple the economy in the process. Tax the rich? That won't get you there either. In fact, according to the Congressional Budget Office, in order to pay for all currently scheduled federal spending would require raising both the corporate tax rate and top income tax rate from their current 35% to 88%, the current 25% tax rate for middle-income workers to 63%, and the 10% tax bracket for low-income workers to 25%

There is simply no way to control our debt without getting serious about reforming entitlements.

Truth is hard for the Left; in fact, it is their worst enemy

Truth is insulting to the stupid.

That is pure horseshit. You can't atrribute any particular dollar of debt to any particular piece of legislation. The fact is that 80% of government spending pays for Democrat social programs.

Very little government spending goes to the rich, so that claim is also horseshit.

What needs to be done is real cuts in government spending. Giving additional revenues to the government has never worked and it never will. Congress spends every new dime it get and then 3 more.

What government policies do you imagine favor job growth and innovation? Your response to that should be hilarious.

I have long said that Democrats are immune to facts and logic. Look how many of them think there is actual money in the Social Security trust fund. Educating them is a waste of time. Insults are the only thing they understand.

Our national debt recently topped the $13 trillion mark. That amounts to nearly 90% of this country's GDP; $72,000 in debt for every household in America
Now add Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security, and Obama's 2011 budget has a $1.27 trillion deficit. It's the entitlements, stupid.

Nor can you tax your way out of debt. Eliminate all of the Bush tax cuts, including the tax cuts for low- and middle-income Americans, and you would reduce the debt by perhaps 10% — assuming you didn't cripple the economy in the process. Tax the rich? That won't get you there either. In fact, according to the Congressional Budget Office, in order to pay for all currently scheduled federal spending would require raising both the corporate tax rate and top income tax rate from their current 35% to 88%, the current 25% tax rate for middle-income workers to 63%, and the 10% tax bracket for low-income workers to 25%

There is simply no way to control our debt without getting serious about reforming entitlements.

We have to cut spending and raise taxes. It's pretty simple really. But Republicans are so unpatriotic, that they don't want to pay taxes.

If we repealed the Bush tax cuts and raised the top rate by 3%, it would take care of most of the deficit.

Then cut defense spending. We spent two trillion dollars to defend ourselves from a few hundred guys in Pakistan with no army, no navy, and no air force. Complete waste of money.

We have to cut spending and raise taxes. It's pretty simple really. But Republicans are so unpatriotic, that they don't want to pay taxes.

If we repealed the Bush tax cuts and raised the top rate by 3%, it would take care of most of the deficit.

Then cut defense spending. We spent two trillion dollars to defend ourselves from a few hundred guys in Pakistan with no army, no navy, and no air force. Complete waste of money.

And people who want to spend the US into debt forever are Patriotic?
We see how all that "patriotism" worked for Greece, Spain and Italy

Don't worry comrade

There may be a way for us to finance our Progressive Utopia and it will cost us nothing

hopechangefund-i2519.jpg

Last edited:

It is quite possibly the most regurgitated line of bullshit I keep hearing from the left.

Were the rich not rich under Clinton, Bush or any other president? Suddenly they are destroying our economy. Pathetic.

Stop being so god damn jealous and earn your own damn money. Or continue hugging your trees while wondering why the money isn't falling out of them.

The 400 rich talking point makes you guys look absolutely pathetic.

I take it chewing bubble gum and walking is quite a challenge for you huh?

It is just like Biden says- Jobs the 3 letter word
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq-eeWow_WU]YouTube - ‪Joe Biden Can't Count‬‏[/ame]

Please explain to me how raising taxes is going to help create jobs.

Easing taxes and regulations can help to create jobs which in turn will broaden the tax base which will increase revenue.

So again explain the path from raising taxes to jobs for me please.

Well it helps the government to buy stuff. And keep the troops with a little spending money..

That's just the nutshell version.

Easing taxes and regulations can help to create jobs which in turn will broaden the tax base which will increase revenue.

Well it helps the government to buy stuff. And keep the troops with a little spending money..

That's just the nutshell version.

How is the govt paying 200 dollars for a toilet seat lid or hammer a good thing?

I have long said that Democrats are immune to facts and logic. Look how many of them think there is actual money in the Social Security trust fund. Educating them is a waste of time. Insults are the only thing they understand.

I wonder how enamored of the contents of the "trust fund" they would be if someone suggested that McDonald's pay THEM their salary in the same sort of "currency".

I thought it was obvious.

Since the wealthy are sitting on unspent and uninvested trillions and corporations are making the largest profits in history, throwing money at them obviously doesn't spur job growth.

Whether it's in the form of "subsidies". Or "tax breaks". After all, they live in this country too. They get to use the "facilities". They know it's a stable and "safe haven". Time to "pay" for some of that "safe haven".

So you get them to pay a "FAIR SHARE", then you use that money on roads, tunnels, the electrical grid, bridges and so on. Or innovation, research and education. (oh the right hates education)

Why the the right wing finds this so "left" and "out there" is a mystery to me. Since the report that 70,000 bridges are unsafe and after the one in the midwest fell down during rush hour, I tense every time I cross a bridge. Is this one of the 70,000?

And what do roads and bridges do? How about "connect communities" which always makes even more "job opportunities".

Why doesn't the right understand? Is it the lack of imagination?

Nice post Rderp so why didn't you vote for Trump?

Forum List

Back