most hated companies in the US

Now do you understand how much would change if corporations themselves could give money directly to candidates?

I don't think much would change at all.

There are a couple of points being communicated to you, but they are being communicated badly.

First, when I posted the Top 3 companies that were on the Top 10 list, I posted Bain Capital, The Federal Reserve, and Congress.

Of course, those weren't actually on the list, but no one called me on it.

The point I was trying to make is that you start a lot of topics with nothing but a link. And then you get all huffy when people don't know WTF you are on about.

So it would be best if you actually stated what you are driving at in your opening posts.

Second, if you think the GOP is the only one that would like large organizations to be able to directly contribute to candidates, you are quite wrong.

There was legislation that was run up the flagpole a couple years ago by the Democrats which was called the DISCLOSE Act. It was designed to toughen campaign contribution disclosure laws. Or so they would have you believe.

You can read it here: http://electionlawblog.org/archives/DISCLOSE_Act.pdf

I read it. And I discovered it exempted labor unions and any PACs that were more than 10 years old from the disclosure law. PACs like Move-On.org.

It is one of the dirtiest dirty tricks bills ever launched, and the Democrats screamed like cats on fire when the GOP blocked it.

One other thing to consider. The companies that were listed as contributing to Obama, as was rightly pointed out, those figures are the totals of individuals who donated to Obama, not the actual corporations. They are not allowed to.

Your point appears to be that the GOP wants corporations to be allowed to.

You ever hear of Jon Corzine?

He was in the news recently for blowing up his hedge fund and not being able to account for missing client money: Farmers Sue Corzine Over Their Missing Money - HUMAN EVENTS

Well, way back when, Jon Corzine was the CEO of Goldman Sachs.

So we are looking at your typical Wall Street evil greedy bastard, right?

Yeah.

But one more thing. Jon Corzine was also the governor of New Jersey after he left Goldman Sachs.

The Democratic governor of New Jersey.

George Soros also springs to mind.

So corporations, even Wall Street corporations, are just as likey to contribute to Democrats as they are Republicans.

I don't know that we can say the opposite is true for labor unions.

Last edited:
Now do you understand how much would change if corporations themselves could give money directly to candidates?

I don't think much would change at all.

There are a couple of points being communicated to you, but they are being communicated badly.

First, when I posted the Top 3 companies that were on the Top 10 list, I posted Bain Capital, The Federal Reserve, and Congress.

Of course, those weren't actually on the list, but no one called me on it.

The point I was trying to make is that you start a lot of topics with nothing but a link. And then you get all huffy when people don't know WTF you are on about.

So it would be best if you actually stated what you are driving at in your opening posts.

Second, if you think the GOP is the only one that would like large organizations to be able to directly contribute to candidates, you are quite wrong.

There was legislation that was run up the flagpole a couple years ago by the Democrats which was called the DISCLOSE Act. It was designed to toughen campaign contribution disclosure laws. Or so they would have you believe.

You can read it here: http://electionlawblog.org/archives/DISCLOSE_Act.pdf

I read it. And I discovered it exempted labor unions and any PACs that were more than 10 years old from the direct contribution laws. PACs like Move-On.org.

It is one of the dirtiest dirty tricks bills ever launched, and the Democrats screamed like cats on fire when the GOP blocked it.

One other thing to consider. The companies that were listed as contributing to Obama, as was rightly pointed out, those figures are the totals of individuals who donated to Obama, not the actual corporations. They are not allowed to.

Your point appears to be that the GOP wants corporations to be allowed to.

You ever hear of Jon Corzine?

He was in the news recently for blowing up his hedge fund and not being able to account for missing client money: Farmers Sue Corzine Over Their Missing Money - HUMAN EVENTS

Well, way back when, Jon Corzine was the CEO of Goldman Sachs.

So we are looking at your typical Wall Street evil greedy bastard, right?

Yeah.

But one more thing. Jon Corzine was also the governor of New Jersey after he left Goldman Sachs.

The Democratic governor of New Jersey.

George Soros also springs to mind.

So corporations, even Wall Street corporations, are just as likey to contribute to Democrats as they are Republicans.

I don't know that we can say the opposite is true for labor unions.
:clap2:

Damned Rep Computer said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to g5000 again.

I am shocked on Facebook and Best Buy. People seem to love both those places. I love them.

Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Sallie Mae should have been at the top of the list!

American Airlines, United Airlines, Delta, US Airways and all the airlines (except Southwest) should have all made the list. All the big bailout banks (BOA, Wells, Chase, Citi, etc) should have made the list. AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and all the wireless providers should be on the list. ComEd without a doubt!

Comcast, Cox, Direct TV and just about every cable provider!

Name a healthcare provider and they should be on the list, starting with United Healthcare!

I guess I hate a lot of US companies! :(

I like this list better!
The 18 Worst Companies In America

all of them will be able to buy our elections if the GOP has its way in court.

Right, only unions should be allowed to buy elections...

I dont get you guys, are you for unlimited corporate money in elections or not?

I'm against corporate and union money in elections. Only individual American citizens with their own money should be spending on elections. Though for them it should be uncapped. The only requirement I'd have would be that the true source of the money should be disclosed.

I'm against corporate and union money in elections. Only individual American citizens with their own money should be spending on elections. Though for them it should be uncapped. The only requirement I'd have would be that the true source of the money should be disclosed.

What about PACs?

How would the average Joe counter Bill Gates or George Soros without the use of PACs?

Forum List

Back