Most fun event of the weekend

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
We're getting ready for bed. Kids are in their jammies, the oven is cleaned, things are put away.

So I let the dog out for her nightly before beddie bye time. She rushes out the door and tangles with what I thought was our black and white kitty on our enclosed porch, while I watched through the screen door.

Guess what? Not a kitty. A fucking skunk. Sprayed right through the screen, into the living room. Could see the lovely mist descending as my children rushed to the screen to see what was going on.

Our evening ended with a 4-way shower. The only tomato juice I have comes in the form of two big cans of Hunt's spaghetti sauce. The dog escaped the shower once to spray tomato juice all over our bathroom. Mounds of laundry.

Thankfully, it was a little skunk, and not much spray. I'm getting used to it now. It seems to have cleared up my head cold.

• Banned
Oddly, I no longer feel like sneezing. I feel a little high, though.

• Banned
I am now wearing my sexy nighty, because it's what I have left after having my regular pjs sprayed.

I'm a sexy, wet, middle aged woman who is in a house that reeks of skunkage.

I am now wearing my sexy nighty, because it's what I have left after having my regular pjs sprayed.

I'm a sexy, wet, middle aged woman who is in a house that reeks of skunkage.

Holy SHIT AB... the stories you tell... you need to write a freakin' BOOK woman... you'll be RICH... :eusa_eh:

Last edited:
  • Banned
Unfortunately, a book needs some sort of theme. What would mine be? Life is smelly and has many children?

Did it look like this? This guy was on my deck last night.

Last edited:
I remember when I was little and we were living in Idaho we used to have skunks come eat our cat food all the time. My mom I guess one time thought one was one our cats and tried to pet it or something. :lol:

Alrighty then............it wasn't so long ago my two mutants rolled in a dead skunk. I'm in Walmart cursing under my breath, shopping cart loaded down with all the usual deskunking remedies when I passed two guys in camo(hunters) in the sporting goods section. Lightbulb over the head and all that, I asked them their solution for deskunking a dog. One poor guy turned beet red and informed me he was embarrassed to say. My retort, "hun, I'm over 45 and there's not a lot that embarrasses me anymore." So he proceeded to tell me what he uses to deskunk his hunting dogs all the time. Wait for it...

Summers Eve Douche........................said an old lady down the street from him told him about it. Needless to say I proceed to take everything and put it back on the shelves and emptied the shelf in the ladies department of Summers Eve. I have two very large dogs. After numerous odd looks walking up to the cash registers and a really odd look from the cashier the guy walked up behind me. I thanked him again for the suggestion and the look on the little girls face when she realized what all the Summers Eve was really for was priceless. IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!!! Poured it out into a big plastic pitcher, soaked the dogs down good, rubbed it in good, and let em go. Don't let it get in their eyes though. I soaked a wash cloth down good to get their faces around their eyes and nose. But it did work and there was none of the waiting for tomato juice to "work" or the cost of all the "store bought" stuff in the pet supply section of Wal Mart and no fight to bathe them afterwards. I'll always remember the look on the cashiers face as I was sitting all those 4 packs of Summers Eve up on the register to be scanned.

Last edited:
Alrighty then............it wasn't so long ago my two mutants rolled in a dead skunk. I'm in Walmart cursing under my breath, shopping cart loaded down with all the usual deskunking remedies when I passed two guys in camo(hunters) in the sporting goods section. Lightbulb over the head and all that, I asked them their solution for deskunking a dog. One poor guy turned beet red and informed me he was embarrassed to say. My retort, "hun, I'm over 45 and there's not a lot that embarrasses me anymore." So he proceeded to tell me what he uses to deskunk his hunting dogs all the time. Wait for it...

Summers Eve Douche........................said an old lady down the street from him told him about it. Needless to say I proceed to take everything and put it back on the shelves and emptied the shelf in the ladies department of Summers Eve. I have two very large dogs. After numerous odd looks walking up to the cash registers and a really odd look from the cashier the guy walked up behind me. I thanked him again for the suggestion and the look on the little girls face when she realized what all the Summers Eve was really for was priceless. IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!!! Poured it out into a big plastic pitcher, soaked the dogs down good, rubbed it in good, and let em go. Don't let it get in their eyes though. I soaked a wash cloth down good to get their faces around their eyes and nose. But it did work and there was none of the waiting for tomato juice to "work" or the cost of all the "store bought" stuff in the pet supply section of Wal Mart and no fight to bathe them afterwards. I'll always remember the look on the cashiers face as I was sitting all those 4 packs of Summers Eve up on the register to be scanned.

Was it the vinegar and water kind? The acid in the vinegar - like the acid in tomatoes - is what kills the smell, yes?

Alliebaba, I have to laugh, not at but with you. We came home once, thought the gasline had sprung a leak, called the fire department, and found out that our dog had gotten into it with a skunk. The dog handled it a lot better than we did. I hope all is better soon. And, yes, if your life runs along those lines, write your memoirs. I would read them!

I've heard vinegar works, which makes sense, it works (somewhat) for cat and dog piss smell.

BTW...tomato sauce left my kids' hair smooth and silky this morning.

I was feeling pretty good about things, I couldn't smell anything, we all dressed in clean clothes, put the skunked ones and towels in the wash, washed them then put in vinegar and washed them again..got to work and the CW worker AND the VA admin guy both told me they could smell skunk.

Joy! The CW worker keeps saying things like "Pepe Le Pieu" and other charming things under his breath.

And my PURSE REEKS. I didn't realize it until I pulled it out of it's drawer. It's in the trash now. I don't know WHY it reeks, it was in another room at the time.

And my car reeks...I don't know if the skunk ran under it or what. I can smell it upon approach.

I didn't actually see a lot of the skunk because the dog rolled into it, and all I saw was the tail and asshole and the mist raining down. Dog hustled it off the porch posthaste...but it sprayed both the screen and my door pretty well. It seems to have only gotten Mylo a little on the top of her head....

I let her out when I got home from work, took up the rugs on the porch, and splashed vinegar all over the place. I'm getting a gallon after work and doing it again. And we're all taking vinegar baths. THough honestly, the spaghetti sauce did, I think, a pretty good job.

At least, I thought so until I got to work and people started gagging. Wonder how the kids are faring at school? Well they LOOKED really cute, anyway.

I had an Afghan Hound many years ago who was extremely fast, greyhound fast. One night she was riding in the back and noticed something that I didn't, down the street. When I opened the door she didn't wait, she flew out and was at full clip before she was across the neighbors yard. 3 houses down I saw a little black silhouette with the trademark tail sticking straight up, I yelled but it was too late, the missile was away and locked on. She hit that skunk at full speed, it went flying doing numerous rolls as the spray was going everywhere. Shawnna took a wide path around it and came back to me. She had just a hint of smell on her head, it was one of the most amazing things I have ever witnessed.

Zoom....it wasn't the water and vinegar type but the "rain fresh" or something like that. My husband laughed for a solid hour before saying, "well you gotta figure it would work considering what it's made for". Needless to say it was much cheaper and they smelled so "fresh" afterwards. lol lol lol I do wonder if it would have worked as well if they'd actually gotten sprayed. They stunk pretty good from just rolling on a dead one. Had to clean the furniture and wash their beds and everything they touched. I woke up to it......they sleep with me......thought I'd never get the smell out of my nose.

Did it look like this? This guy was on my deck last night.

I have 2 of these that come by pretty regularly, I hear them fight in the back yard. I have almost stepped on one twice when coming out of my front door late at night, pretty scary. The other one is bigger than this one and has a different look all together, much more white and a bushier tail. Both are beautiful animals. I also have numerous coons and possums that show up too. Armadillos are more rare but I've seen them also.

My brother and I like to ride our mountain bikes at 2 in the morning. When he first bought his bike he bought a very expensive light for it (500 retail, he got a deal at 400). I told him that many will give him crap for spending so much on a bicycle light but the first time you don't hit a skunk because you have it, it pays for itself right there. I bought the same one on ebay for 300. I haven't hit any skunks or trees so far, knock on wood.

Forum List

Back