Most Favorite Site in Israel and Palestine

SayMyName

Live, Love, Laugh.
Dec 30, 2011
Shanghai, China
Jericho. It is a peaceful oasis in the desert, just inside the West Bank, or what is now called Palestine, just a stretch from the Jordan River where John the Baptist supposedly submerged Jesus, and just below the mountain where the reported Messiah went in to the desert and was tempted by Satan.

After hiking through Israel and Palestine from the Sinai to the Golan Heights earlier this year, and crisscrossing as many sites from the biblical record as I could, in the end, Jericho was my favorite, just barely beating out the week I spent camping out on the Mount of Beatitudes above the Sea of Galilee where Jesus supposedly gave the Sermon of the Mount.

If you have been, where was your favorite place? If not, where would you like to go of all the places mentioned in biblical lore or otherwise?

Jericho. It is a peaceful oasis in the desert, just inside the West Bank, or what is now called Palestine, just a stretch from the Jordan River where John the Baptist supposedly submerged Jesus, and just below the mountain where the reported Messiah went in to the desert and was tempted by Satan.

After hiking through Israel and Palestine from the Sinai to the Golan Heights earlier this year, and crisscrossing as many sites from the biblical record as I could, in the end, Jericho was my favorite, just barely beating out the week I spent camping out on the Mount of Beatitudes above the Sea of Galilee where Jesus supposedly gave the Sermon of the Mount.

If you have been, where was your favorite place? If not, where would you like to go of all the places mentioned in biblical lore or otherwise?

Gosh, there's so many. Climbing up Masada was a challenge. The artist colonies in Old Jaffa and Safed are alluring. For spirituality, there's nothing like the Old City of Jerusalem. Were you at the Western Wall, mate?

Gosh, there's so many. Climbing up Masada was a challenge. The artist colonies in Old Jaffa and Safed are alluring. For spirituality, there's nothing like the Old City of Jerusalem. Were you at the Western Wall, mate?

I was. I suppose I can put that one up here. This was taken last February of 2013 as I was walking up the ramp to the Dome of the Rock in the Islamic quarter.
WesternWallFeb2013a1resize_zps969cdcf4.jpg

Forum List

Back