Most famous liberals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great.....An avowed atheist trying to lay claim to Christ's politics.

NotThisShitAgain.jpg

The most famous liberals?

You should ask, "In what field?" Because they top nearly every field:

Science
Math
Literature
Music
Art
Sculptor
Architecture

The list just goes on and on.

Conservatives say, "Oh, we have famous people in those fields too". So I go look them up because usually, I have never heard of them before. Or when I have, it's someone like Behe, who said his "science" is equal to "astrology and alchemy".

Jesus was conservative.

He sure was. Nothing says Conservative like giving out free fish and bread to people. :lol:
It's called performing miracles.

Or, as rdean would say, "mythical fantasy" that only "fools" would adhere to.

Your rank-and-file secularist would probably dismiss it as a magic show.

Not "foos", "gullible". You can be gullible and not be a fool.

Wonder why "Jesus" never grew back any limbs or grew back a "head"? Now those would be "miracles". Too bad those guys tricks kind of dried up as people became more educated. But don't worry. Benny Hinn does the same tricks.

He sure was. Nothing says Conservative like giving out free fish and bread to people. :lol:
It's called performing miracles.

Or, as rdean would say, "mythical fantasy" that only "fools" would adhere to.

Your rank-and-file secularist would probably dismiss it as a magic show.

Not "foos", "gullible". You can be gullible and not be a fool.

Wonder why "Jesus" never grew back any limbs or grew back a "head"? Now those would be "miracles". Too bad those guys tricks kind of dried up as people became more educated. But don't worry. Benny Hinn does the same tricks.
There are plenty of well-educated Christians. It's just the fundamentalists that seem representative of the religion.

Except Jesus is just a story. Like Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter. He sounds like more of a liberal though. He definitely rode a mule and not an elephant. He was also a carpenter. It's hard to say though because the story doesn't include much about his political ideologies. I'm sure he would have supported health care reform though.

The most famous liberals?

You should ask, "In what field?" Because they top nearly every field:

Science
Math
Literature
Music
Art
Sculptor
Architecture

The list just goes on and on.

Conservatives say, "Oh, we have famous people in those fields too". So I go look them up because usually, I have never heard of them before. Or when I have, it's someone like Behe, who said his "science" is equal to "astrology and alchemy".

rdean's abysmal and abiding ignorance is astounding.

Thomas Jefferson

Benjamin Franklin

James Madison

...just a few.

Rabble rousing, trouble making Liberals one and all.

If it had been left up to conservatives, we'd still be drinking warm beer and driving on the wrong side of the road while singing God Save the Queen.

Last edited:
The reason it's difficult to name "conservatives" that excel is understandable. Conservatives are about maintaining the status quo. About keeping things safe, unchanging, secure. They look back. Static is NOT really a direction. This is the reason conservatives have a difficult time explaining what "direction" they want to take the country. No one really likes "Back". Unless it starts off with "Baby got".

Jefferson was a leader in developing republicanism in the United States. He insisted that the British aristocratic system was inherently corrupt and that Americans' devotion to civic virtue required independence. In the 1790s he repeatedly warned that Hamilton and Adams were trying to impose a British-like monarchical system that threatened republicanism. He supported the War of 1812, hoping it would drive away the British military and ideological threat from Canada.

Jefferson's vision for American virtue was that of an agricultural nation of yeoman farmers minding their own affairs. His agrarianism stood in contrast to the vision of Alexander Hamilton, who envisioned a nation of commerce and manufacturing, which Jefferson said offered too many temptations to corruption. Jefferson's deep belief in the uniqueness and the potential of America made him the father of American exceptionalism. In particular, he was confident that an underpopulated America could avoid what he considered the horrors of class-divided, industrialized Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back