most expensive and not very good: american health care system

I think maybe you need to read about this study and realise it is the people who can PAY anything who do that.

BTW they also go to these other countries mentioned also depending on the specialty they need performed.

People come here for the best plastic surgery.

Why do people come here for healthcare?

I think maybe you need to read about this study and realise it is the people who can PAY anything who do that.

BTW they also go to these other countries mentioned also depending on the specialty they need performed.

Why do people go to Costa Rica or Cuba or India for health care?

BTW, there are more americans that go to other nations for health care than there are foriegners who come here for medical care

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_tourism#United_States

Although much attention has been given to the growing trend of uninsured Americans traveling to foreign countries, a McKinsey and Co. report from 2008 found that a plurality of an estimated 60,000 to 85,000 medical tourists were traveling to the United States for the purpose of receiving in-patient medical care;[67] the same McKinsey study estimated that 750,000 American medical tourists traveled from the United States to other countries in 2007 (up from 500,000 in 2006).[68]

Last edited:

BTW, there are more americans that go to other nations for health care than there are foriegners who come here for medical care

Medical tourism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although much attention has been given to the growing trend of uninsured Americans traveling to foreign countries, a McKinsey and Co. report from 2008 found that a plurality of an estimated 60,000 to 85,000 medical tourists were traveling to the United States for the purpose of receiving in-patient medical care;[67] the same McKinsey study estimated that 750,000 American medical tourists traveled from the United States to other countries in 2007 (up from 500,000 in 2006).[68]

Why did Cuba ban the michale moore movie? If Cuba's healthcare is so good?
Becaues they seek tratments that haven't been approved by the FDA.

Last edited:

Wrong

Only an idiot like you would get the answer wrong even though the correct answer is given at the link. But then again, no one would ever suspect you of reading :lol:

But I got to say, you're answer is even funnnier. According to you, our "wonderful" health care system is denying needed medical care to hundreds of thousands of americans:lol::lol::lol:

Wrong

Only an idiot like you would get the answer wrong even though the correct answer is given at the link. But then again, no one would ever suspect you of reading :lol:

But I got to say, you're answer is even funnnier. According to you, our "wonderful" health care system is denying needed medical care to hundreds of thousands of americans:lol::lol::lol:

America's healthcare system has mandates enforced by the FDA, if the FDA does not approve it then it's not covered byt heathcare coveraged or is out right banned for use in America.

People also go to other countries because of cost, but are you really getting the best healthcare at a cheaper cost?

Wrong

America's healthcare system has mandates enforced by the FDA, if the FDA does not approve it then it's not covered byt heathcare coveraged or is out right banned for use in America.

People also go to other countries because of cost, but are you really getting the best healthcare at a cheaper cost?

I see you're still to dishonest to admit that the FDA has nothing to do with why Americans are going to other nations for health care. The article clearly states why americans are doing this, but you're not honest enough to admit that your answer (to get FDA banned treatments) was wrong.

Why can't you just be honest and admit that your answer (more likely, it was a guess you made because you didn't want to say "I don't know") was wrong?

Wrong

I see you're still to dishonest to admit that the FDA has nothing to do with why Americans are going to other nations for health care. The article clearly states why americans are doing this, but you're not honest enough to admit that your answer (to get FDA banned treatments) was wrong.

Why can't you just be honest and admit that your answer (more likely, it was a guess you made because you didn't want to say "I don't know") was wrong?
THE FDA, THE AMA, AND THE PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES ARE THE PROBLEM WITH HEALTH CARE IN AMERICA

By Gary Wade, Physicist, (11/07)

PROBLEMS WITH HEALTH CARE IN AMERICA, AMA, FDA, PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES, HEALTH CARE SYSTEM, SYSTEMIC CORRUPTION, NUTRITION COURSES LIMITED WITH MDS, CANADIAN HEALTH LAW

THE FDA, THE AMA, AND THE PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES ARE THE PROBLEM WITH HEALTH CARE IN AMERICA

PROBLEMS WITH HEALTH CARE IN AMERICA, AMA, FDA, PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES, HEALTH CARE SYSTEM, SYSTEMIC CORRUPTION, NUTRITION COURSES LIMITED WITH MDS, CANADIAN HEALTH LAW

I knew you would never admit your answer was wrong. You just can't admit to ever making a mistake; a sure sign of a weak ego.

A link that shows a problem with the FDA does not mean that is why people are going to other nations for health care.

I knew you would never admit your answer was wrong. You just can't admit to ever making a mistake; a sure sign of a weak ego.

A link that shows a problem with the FDA does not mean that is why people are going to other nations for health care.

I knew you would never admit you were wrong.

The use of ma huang/herba ephedra and ban xia/rhizoma pinelliae in chinese patent medicines is effectively banned in the US.

Public Ephedra Ban Information

Politics In Healing: Cures for Cancer banned in USA for political reasons. - 02/06/11

Only a wingnut like you would think that hundreds of thousands of americans are going to other nations for ma huang :cuckoo:

Stupid it was an example.

You're mixed up

It was a stupid example :lol:

The bottom line is that the people who go to other countries for medical procedures, for what ever reason... Are still paying for it themselves ,with their own money, out of their own pockets.

RisksMedical tourism carries some risks that locally-provided medical care does not. Some countries, such as India, Malaysia, or Thailand have very different infectious disease-related epidemiology to Europe and North America. Exposure to diseases without having built up natural immunity can be a hazard for weakened individuals, specifically with respect to gastrointestinal diseases (e.g. Hepatitis A, amoebic dysentery, paratyphoid) which could weaken progress, mosquito-transmitted diseases, influenza, and tuberculosis. However, because in poor tropical nations diseases run the gamut, doctors seem to be more open to the possibility of considering any infectious disease, including HIV, TB, and typhoid, while there are cases in the West where patients were consistently misdiagnosed for years because such diseases are perceived to be "rare" in the West.[26]

The quality of post-operative care can also vary dramatically, depending on the hospital and country, and may be different from US or European standards. However, JCI and Trent fulfill the role of accreditation by assessing the standards in the healthcare in the countries like India, China and Thailand. Also, traveling long distances soon after surgery can increase the risk of complications. Long flights and decreased mobility in a cramped airline cabin are a known risk factor for developing blood clots in the legs such as venous thrombosis or pulmonary embolus economy class syndrome. Other vacation activities can be problematic as well — for example, scars may become darker and more noticeable if they sunburn while healing.[27] To minimise these problems, medical tourism patients often combine their medical trips with vacation time set aside for rest and recovery in the destination country.

Also, health facilities treating medical tourists may lack an adequate complaints policy to deal appropriately and fairly with complaints made by dissatisfied patients.[28]

Differences in healthcare provider standards around the world have been recognised by the World Health Organization, and in 2004 it launched the World Alliance for Patient Safety. This body assists hospitals and government around the world in setting patient safety policy and practices that can become particularly relevant when providing medical tourism services.[29]

Finally, after returning home, a patient will have limited contact with his or her surgeon. This means that it will be difficult to deal with any complications that may arise later such as a delayed infection.

Stupid it was an example.

You're mixed up

You're to stupid to understand that I use it as an example.

You're too stupid to know that americans can buy ma huang in the US :lol:

You're so dumb, you think americans are going to china to buy something they can get on the internet :lol::lol::lol:

And you're making this stupid argument because you were too dumb to read the article I linked to which gave the correct answer:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You're mixed up

You're so dumb, you think americans are going to china to buy something they can get on the internet :lol::lol::lol:

And you're making this stupid argument because you were too dumb to read the article I linked to which gave the correct answer:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Fourth paragraph down

The issue of ephedra is a recent one. The use of ma huang/herba ephedra and ban xia/rhizoma pinelliae in chinese patent medicines is effectively banned in the US. This is because 155 deaths have occurred in the past five years due to the inappropriate use of this herb in products used for weight loss, body building, energy and recreation. Chinese Medicine has safely used ma huang and ban xia for asthma for thousands of years. There is not one adverse incident reported for these herbs when prescribed by licensed healthcare practitioners.

So stupid what do you have too say?

Fourth paragraph down

The issue of ephedra is a recent one. The use of ma huang/herba ephedra and ban xia/rhizoma pinelliae in chinese patent medicines is effectively banned in the US. This is because 155 deaths have occurred in the past five years due to the inappropriate use of this herb in products used for weight loss, body building, energy and recreation. Chinese Medicine has safely used ma huang and ban xia for asthma for thousands of years. There is not one adverse incident reported for these herbs when prescribed by licensed healthcare practitioners.

You're just to dumb to realize that a ban on ephedra in "chinese patent medicines" is not the same as "you can't buy it in the US" :lol:

Google

Fourth paragraph down

You're just to dumb to realize that a ban on ephedra in "chinese patent medicines" is not the same as "you can't buy it in the US" :lol:

Google

Is it covered by healthcare coverage? If it's banned by the FDA do you think it will be allowed in an obamacare plan?

Forum List

Back