Most Ethical Congress ever- A list of the bribes for PapaObama Care

It falls under the equal protection clause.

The Feds can't make laws that include one state and grants favors to others. Also, states can add more laws to federal laws but not take away laws.

This is the important part and well worth looking at. I don't think anything they are doing is Constitutional. How can you tell someone that they HAVE TO BUY anyhthing??

Was wathching Greta last night and she had Sen Thune on and he said they will be bringing their questions on some of these hidden little gems to the floor for debate. Seems the Dems will do just about anything to get this peice of shit passed and be part of this HISTORIC moment. Not cool.

the federal government can allocate funds any way it dems appropriate as long as that allocation violates no other laws...,kind of like when they gave Utah the same anti-terrorist funding as NYC.

please please please stop... the equal protection clause has nothing to do with the states. it protects INDIVIDUALS...

you know... like gays who want to marry the people they love.

now stop pretending you know anything about the Constitution, please.

Well Gee. What about the fact that all the other States will be paying the freight for Neb and the others who got special deals??? That seems like a pretty crappy allocation of Fed, i.e. taxpayer dollars to me. How about you?? Unless you don't mind paying for the Medicaid and Medicare in your State plus Florida, Neb, Vt and whatever other States got breaks as well. This sure bugs the crap out of me and I live in Florida. Sounds like the INDIVIDUALS in those States won't be treated equally.

Since you know so much about the Constitution and I, according to you, know nothing. Perhaps you would be so kind as to post the part of said document that says these payoffs are legal. I would really appriciate it being as your so smart and I'm just an ignorant Rube.

Thank you so much for your kindness.

Last edited:
Since you know so much about the Constitution and I, according to you, know nothing. Perhaps you would be so kind as to post the part of said document that says these payoffs are legal. I would really appriciate it being as your so smart and I'm just an ignorant Rube.

Let me help.

Article 1, Section 8 empowers Congress to:
provide for the...general welfare of the United States...

Congress has determined health care for all Americans to be necessary for the general welfare so the spending at issue is permissible.

Let me help.

Congress has determined health care for all Americans to be necessary for the general welfare so the spending at issue is permissible.

If that was the case and open ended then why even have a constitution
You may believe that Congress has a carte blanche because of the general welfare; but you would be wrong

Even the leader of the Duma, Pelosi tries to claim on her website the commerce clause not the general welfare clause

Stick with the liberal program

Last edited:

Let me help.

I did see Artlcle 1, Section 8 but I think you can interpret that in differend ways.

That article also says that: all duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States.

Doesn't look very uniform when some States citizens are going to be paying for services for citizens in other States escpecially when the Citizens in those States won't be paying at all.

Doesn't look very uniform to me. How about you??

Thanks for the assist Neo.

Last edited:
This is all the more reason to remove as much power and money from Congress as possible. The people need to make it damned near impossible for the crowd in DC to do anything without consent of the people. Maybe if they lose 9/10ths of their perks we'd get people in there who care about their country instead of their own pockets. Term limits are looking better and better.

Let me help.

I did see Artlcle 1, Section 8 but I think you can interpret that in differend ways.

That article also says that: all duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States.

Doesn't look very uniform when some States citizens are going to be paying for services for citizens in other States escpecially when the Citizens in those States won't be paying at all.

Duties, imposts, and excises are specific kinds of taxes.

The glossary from the U.S. Treasury Dept’s International Trade Data System...defines duty as “a tax levied by a government on the import or export of goods,” imposts as “a tax, especially an import duty,” and excise taxes as “taxes on the manufacture, sale, or consumption of goods, or upon licenses to pursue certain occupations, or upon corporate privileges,” which, they explain, in current usage covers about everything besides income taxes. It seems like the writers of the Constitution were throwing in all sorts of synonyms to cover the bases, although in the usage of the 18th century the words may have had other subtle differences.

Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises

They have to be equally applied across the US so commerce is not unfairly burdened is some parts of the country. That requirement doesn't apply to spending or other taxes.

Let me help.

Exactly the opposite interpretation of the General Welfare clause, which James Madison (y'know...the guy who WROTE IT) spelled out in Federalist 41.

Congress is going 180° against the spirit and intent of that clause, tovarich.

Let me help.

Duties, imposts, and excises are specific kinds of taxes.

The glossary from the U.S. Treasury Dept’s International Trade Data System...defines duty as “a tax levied by a government on the import or export of goods,” imposts as “a tax, especially an import duty,” and excise taxes as “taxes on the manufacture, sale, or consumption of goods, or upon licenses to pursue certain occupations, or upon corporate privileges,” which, they explain, in current usage covers about everything besides income taxes. It seems like the writers of the Constitution were throwing in all sorts of synonyms to cover the bases, although in the usage of the 18th century the words may have had other subtle differences.

Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises

They have to be equally applied across the US so commerce is not unfairly burdened is some parts of the country. That requirement doesn't apply to spending or other taxes.

How about the General Welfare clause?? How does that play in to the Healthcare bill and all the deals being made in those backrooms????

Let me help.

Exactly the opposite interpretation of the General Welfare clause, which James Madison (y'know...the guy who WROTE IT) spelled out in Federalist 41.

Thanks Dude you answered the question I had.

I have my copy of the Constitution but I need to get me a copy of the Federlist papers.

Well gee fellows! The dudes and dudettes on Morning Joe are beginning to see the light. The third party movement is going to kick the democrats ass in 2010..

varv12222009a20091222033946.jpg

what's a boat load of democraps at the bottom of the sea ????​

Let me help.

The Federalist is a sales brochure. It was written to encourage the citizens of New York to ratify the Constitution. It is no more reliable an exposition of the Constitution than a Ford sales brochure is of the ideal automobile. Would you say a Ford sales brochure was a perfect and complete definition of the ideal automobile?

Federalist 41, 19 January 1788, very likely was written as a response to Brutus V, 13 December 1787 and Brutus VI, 27 December 1787. They give a bit of a different view of the general welfare, one which I find far more reasonable. You should read them.

politics is the art of compromise and you idiots call deal making bribery.?

what a world, what a world.

the koolaid must be so much stronger this year.

Seems you lack the ability to see what's before your very eyes:

TaxProf Blog: IRS Cannot Verify Taxpayer Eligibility for 2/3 of $325 Billion of Stimulus Tax Benefits

December 22, 2009

IRS Cannot Verify Taxpayer Eligibility for 2/3 of $325 Billion of Stimulus Tax Benefits

The Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration today released Evaluation of the Internal Revenue Service’s Capability to Ensure Proper Use of Recovery Act Funds (2010-41-011):
The Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration today publicly released its review of the IRS’s ability to verify taxpayer eligibility for tax benefits and credits provided by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
The Recovery Act contains 56 tax provisions with a potential cost of more than $325 billion that are intended to provide tax relief for individuals and businesses. These include 20 provisions for individuals that provide tax relief to working or retired Americans and their families. Thirty-six additional provisions provide tax relief and incentives for businesses, including provisions that encourage investment in sources of renewable energy and promote the hiring of unemployed veterans. They also allow for the sale of bonds to provide for construction, financing, environmental and manufacturing improvements.
TIGTA found that the IRS is unable to verify taxpayer eligibility for the majority of Recovery Act tax benefits and credits at the time a tax return is processed. This includes 13 of the 20 benefits and credits for individual taxpayers and 26 of the tax provisions benefiting businesses.​

That's 2/3's they cannot account for. Most. Corrupt. Ever.

You can start here: The Federalist #41

I don't expect subversive useful idiots like Steel to pay any mind to the facts, though.

Read #41 and I gotta agree with you.

One smart dude that wrote #41. I will have to see if I can get a copy of them all. Lots of knowlege there if #41 is any indication.

Thanks again Dude.

Let me help.

WRONG!!!! Article 1, Section 8 DOES NOT apply to healthcare and more entitlements for no loads. Why should I work my 60 hours a week, pay my bills on time, pay for me and my families health care and then have worthless lazy fucks who refuse to earn their keep and young bulletproof yuppies refuse to buy healthcare so they can have a Porsche get healthcare ON MY FUCKING DIME!!!!!

You can start here: The Federalist #41

I don't expect subversive useful idiots like Steel to pay any mind to the facts, though.

Read #41 and I gotta agree with you.

One smart dude that wrote #41. I will have to see if I can get a copy of them all. Lots of knowlege there if #41 is any indication.

Thanks again Dude.

Can find all the Federalist Papers here:

Avalon Project - The Federalist Papers

Can find the Antifederalist Papers here:

ThisNation.com--The Antifederalist Papers No. 1

Let me help.

WRONG!!!! Article 1, Section 8 DOES NOT apply to healthcare and more entitlements for no loads. Why should I work my 60 hours a week, pay my bills on time, pay for me and my families health care and then have worthless lazy fucks who refuse to earn their keep and young bulletproof yuppies refuse to buy healthcare so they can have a Porsche get healthcare ON MY FUCKING DIME!!!!!

Not so. The general welfare is anything Congress says it is. If they define the health of all those persons you dislike so much as the general welfare, you're just going to have get out your checkbook.

Forum List

Back