Most dominate athlete

Luissa, really?????

A little white dude who made a career out of giving someone else the point was "dominant"?

aint this great.....a thread where everyone is discussing nicely.....but these same people in the other threads are calling each other morons,assholes,dipshits etc.........aint sports great?....:lol:

A lot of grandstanding so far but nobody has posted any credible arguments that anyone is/was more dominant than Roger Federer. Don't discount it just because it's in the present.

A lot of grandstanding so far but nobody has posted any credible arguments that anyone is/was more dominant than Roger Federer. Don't discount it just because it's in the present.

I NEVER consider time periods on these kinds of sports matters.

I'm not as up on Tennis as I used to be...

Show me Federer vs. Sampras stats, becuase if I had to pick for tennis I'd go with Sampras.

OK, there's never been another athlete besides Stuey Ungar who so excelled, who so crushed the field that he was asked not to sign up for a gin rummy tournament because his presence so badly dissuaded other people from entering.

He defeated the reigning world champion in a private match up so badly that no one ever wanted to play against him again, even with Unger taking the dealer button every hand!

OK, so maybe Gin Rummy and Hold 'em are really sports, but so what? Ungar was a 7 sigma talent at both of them and at best, the very best anyone can ever hope to accomplish is to match his skill, no one can ever eclipse or best what Ungar was able to accomplish.

It's like Ruth hitting a home run every at bat

How many times has Tiger been crosschecked, slashed or slammed into the boards?

almost as many as gretzky was.

:eusa_whistle:

You nailed that one!

:lol:

And Gordie Howe NAILED everyone that stepped on the ice AND outscored the TEAM they were on...

Skill, toughness, durability make Howe, 80, Mr. Hockey

Bobby Orr was the most spectacular hockey player I ever witnessed. Wayne Gretzky is the sport's most creative offensive star and Mario Lemieux is probably the most dangerous scorer ever to lace up skates.

But as extraordinary as these three players were, Gordie Howe simply had more tools in his box. He was as ruthless as he was cunning, as powerful as he was skilled, and as durable as he was dedicated. He was the NHL's most complete player.

Mr. Hockey turned 80 on Monday, and it wouldn't surprise me that, even with arthritis in his joints, he could still snap a puck with enough authority to impress a modern player.

Through the years I've accumulated enough knowledge about Howe that it's difficult to know where to start to define his greatness. Remember this was a man who scored his last NHL goal when he was 10 years away from filing for Social Security. He was 52 when he retired from hockey, and that season he scored 15 goals for the Hartford Whalers.

More remarkable than Howe's 26 NHL seasons is that he played in 96.9% of his games during his career. From 1961 to 1970, he missed only two games, even though he was always in the middle of the physical play.

"I don't think there is anyone even close to him"
Scotty Bowman

"If you equate greatness with superior play and durability, there is no match for Gordie Howe"
Harry Neale

Federer beats Sampras in virtually every category, including total major singles titles.

Ok, I believe you. Good enough.

I'm told I look like Andy Murray by a lot of people, btw

Andy_Murray_300.jpg

I don't know, I guess. I'm heavier than him though, I've put on like 20lbs in the past month.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back