Most Divisive President Ever: Class, Gender, Race, Party...what else?

Is Barack Obama the most divisive president of all time? Look at the "wars" he and his followers have helped flame recently!!!

Class: Rich vs Poor
Race: Need I explain?
Party: Again, need I explain?
Citizenship: Citizen vs non-citizen

He has done more to divide our 300,000,000+ people into smaller groups opposed to each other than any president or leader I've ever seen.

In my lifetime GW has been the most divisive president ever....by a huge margin

Can I put you down as 'objective'?

Absolutely..

And your hatred of Obama?

So....you're saying you're a white person....????

no just saying white people

I go by their track record in the history of america and today.

they are very talented racists.

ARe you just stupid or ignorant? do you even know history?

did blacks slave people in america
did asians slave people in america
did latin people slave people in america

did blacks have jim crow laws
did latins have jim crow law
did asian have jim crow laws

did asians hang blacks for fun
did latins hang blacks for fun

did white people do all these things yes

Class, Gender, Race and Religion are the wedge issues rich people use to divide us. Without them, they would only hold 10% of the seats in Congress and they would never win the White House. Not until they changed and started actually representing middle class and poor people.

Throw in Gays vs Military.

He forced acceptance of gays in the military down the throats of the military.

There is a difference between accepting a flamer at the local bank and accepting a flamer that sleeps and showers in the same barracks with normal men. It would be like me being allowed to go sleep and shower in a college sorority.

Is Barack Obama the most divisive president of all time? Look at the "wars" he and his followers have helped flame recently!!!

He has done more to divide our 300,000,000+ people into smaller groups opposed to each other than any president or leader I've ever seen.

:cuckoo:

In my lifetime GW has been the most divisive president ever....by a huge margin

Absolutely..

This requires some definition, for your edification.

ob·jec·tive/əbˈjektiv/
Adjective:
(of a person or their judgment) Not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.

Consistent with that definition, which, I'm certain, you will find acceptable...
I am objective.

And, as you are a shade less than articulate, you probably mean, by hatred, my extreme displeasure with the policies and effectuation of his presidency....
...guilty as charged.

So, I don't hate the man, am objective, and would do whatever I could to make certain that America doesn't make the same mistake it made in 2008.

Got it?

did blacks slave people in america Yes
did asians slave people in america yes
did latin people slave people in america Yes

did blacks have jim crow laws He's dead and so is the law
did latins have jim crow law He's dead and so is the law
did asian have jim crow laws He's dead and so is the law

did asians hang blacks for fun Yes
did latins hang blacks for fun Yes

Not this white girl.

The fact is large numbers of free Negroes owned black slaves; in fact, in numbers disproportionate to their representation in society at large. In 1860 only a small minority of whites owned slaves. According to the U.S. census report for that last year before the Civil War, there were nearly 27 million whites in the country. Some eight million of them lived in the slaveholding states.

The census also determined that there were fewer than 385,000 individuals who owned slaves (1). Even if all slaveholders had been white, that would amount to only 1.4 percent of whites in the country (or 4.8 percent of southern whites owning one or more slaves).

In the rare instances when the ownership of slaves by free Negroes is acknowledged in the history books, justification centers on the claim that black slave masters were simply individuals who purchased the freedom of a spouse or child from a white slaveholder and had been unable to legally manumit them. Although this did indeed happen at times, it is a misrepresentation of the majority of instances, one which is debunked by records of the period on blacks who owned slaves. These include individuals such as Justus Angel and Mistress L. Horry, of Colleton District, South Carolina, who each owned 84 slaves in 1830. In fact, in 1830 a fourth of the free Negro slave masters in South Carolina owned 10 or more slaves; eight owning 30 or more (2).

According to federal census reports, on June 1, 1860 there were nearly 4.5 million Negroes in the United States, with fewer than four million of them living in the southern slaveholding states. Of the blacks residing in the South, 261,988 were not slaves. Of this number, 10,689 lived in New Orleans. The country's leading African American historian, Duke University professor John Hope Franklin, records that in New Orleans over 3,000 free Negroes owned slaves, or 28 percent of the free Negroes in that city.

http://americancivilwar.com/authors/black_slaveowners.htm

Last edited:
Class, Gender, Race and Religion are the wedge issues rich people use to divide us. Without them, they would only hold 10% of the seats in Congress and they would never win the White House. Not until they changed and started actually representing middle class and poor people.

Oh my lord, are you actually trying to appear reasonable and a lot less partisan tonight? I think that is two posts of yours that I have read this evening that made me take a double look at who had posted it. kudos!

Immie

A careful study of the following might help to direct you toward a more
realistic view of society, and of mankind:

"Now that I'm an old curmudgeon, and in my old age, become cynical, I have long since abandoned the notion that Utopia would ever be possible.
Here is what would happen in reality if someone ever did create such a society:

Within a year, some people would be wealthy. Some would be penniless. There would be a lot of resentment from the ones who frittered their money away towards the ones that managed to use their natural good thinking, instincts, and sheer determination to parlay their start-up funds into fortunes.

Within five years, there would be an upper class, a middle class, and a lower class. The rich would continue to get richer, and the poor would continue to get poorer.

Some people would find loopholes enabling them to cheat the cheatable. Some people would be so gullible they would find themselves easy targets for those who would take advantage of them. Some people would have scruples, others would not.

Some people would begin to steal, and murder, and whatever else they think will allow them to circumvent the legal process to success.

You see, Utopia isn't possible this side of Heaven. There is too much diversity in people.

Some people are ambitious, some are not. Some people are industrious, some are not. Some people are inventive, some are not. Some people take pride in good workmanship, others are just content to get the job done, whether it is done well or not. Some people are workaholics, some are just plain lazy.

Some people buy anything, Some people buy nothing. Some buy what they want. Some buy only what they need. Some people are foolish with money, some are miserly.

It takes all kinds to make a world. It takes one kind to make a Utopia."
Casting Pearls Before Swine: Why Communism Can't Work

The Indians in question were known as “The Five Civilized Tribes,” the Choctaw, Seminoles, Chicasaw, Creek and the Cherokee. They lived in the areas of Tennessee, Georgia and the Carolinas. These tribes adapted best to white culture, with the wives responsible for the communal farming and the chores, while the men did the hunting. Soft spoken and obedient, the women found favor among the whites and were often taken as wives.

a. Drink was a problem, and English traders used this fact, bringing rum to barter. Among the Indians, they forgave any infraction except murder when under the influence of alcohol.

b. Northern missionaries were shocked to find that the Cherokee held slaves, and not just of other tribes! When cotton farming became profitable, they, like white Southerners, bought African slaves.
From “Driven West: Andrew Jackson and the Trail of Tears to the Civil War,” by A.J. Langguth

Surprised?

Absolutely..

This requires some definition, for your edification.

ob·jec·tive/əbˈjektiv/
Adjective:
(of a person or their judgment) Not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.

Consistent with that definition, which, I'm certain, you will find acceptable...
I am objective.

And, as you are a shade less than articulate, you probably mean, by hatred, my extreme displeasure with the policies and effectuation of his presidency....
...guilty as charged.

So, I don't hate the man, am objective, and would do whatever I could to make certain that America doesn't make the same mistake it made in 2008.

Got it?

I know what the word means.

See the bolded part....Yeah, I believe you when it comes to Obama that you take your personal feelings out of the equation...no seriously, I do...:lol:

Oh, no it's hatred. How else do you explain the plethora of OTT threads you have started over the past few years? Well, it's either hatred or obssession. Take your pick.

A careful study of the following might help to direct you toward a more
realistic view of society, and of mankind:

"Now that I'm an old curmudgeon, and in my old age, become cynical, I have long since abandoned the notion that Utopia would ever be possible.
Here is what would happen in reality if someone ever did create such a society:

Within a year, some people would be wealthy. Some would be penniless. There would be a lot of resentment from the ones who frittered their money away towards the ones that managed to use their natural good thinking, instincts, and sheer determination to parlay their start-up funds into fortunes.

Within five years, there would be an upper class, a middle class, and a lower class. The rich would continue to get richer, and the poor would continue to get poorer.

Some people would find loopholes enabling them to cheat the cheatable. Some people would be so gullible they would find themselves easy targets for those who would take advantage of them. Some people would have scruples, others would not.

Some people would begin to steal, and murder, and whatever else they think will allow them to circumvent the legal process to success.

You see, Utopia isn't possible this side of Heaven. There is too much diversity in people.

Some people are ambitious, some are not. Some people are industrious, some are not. Some people are inventive, some are not. Some people take pride in good workmanship, others are just content to get the job done, whether it is done well or not. Some people are workaholics, some are just plain lazy.

Some people buy anything, Some people buy nothing. Some buy what they want. Some buy only what they need. Some people are foolish with money, some are miserly.

It takes all kinds to make a world. It takes one kind to make a Utopia."
Casting Pearls Before Swine: Why Communism Can't Work

Why consumerism will not work long term as an economic base?

LOL you need to explain something because right now you seem to be the one doing the dividing. LOL

I just find it hilarious how the rightwingers pass laws like their antiabortion/anticontraception/transvaginal ultrasound bills and then when that turns women against them it's all obama's fault.

Then you have the fact that the right refuses to raise taxes ono the rich/job creators even as they talk about "broadening the taxbase" and increasing taxes on the bottom ~40% who pay no income taxes because they don't earn enough to pay taxes and yet once again the right cries that it's obama who is doing the dividing.

Or how about voter registration and ID laws that predominatly discriminate against minorities and yet when they turn against the right for their actions it's once again obama's fault.

Then you have a republican party whose main goal is to make obama a one term president even as they have been willing to push this country off a cliff if it helps them do so and yet it's obama's fault that the parties are so divided.

And to finish it all off, the right passes "papers please" laws where they can profile and discriminate agianst hispanics which turnes them agaisnt them and yet somehow it's still obama who is divisive.

LOL

Last edited:
Obamination so far has....

Attacked Catholics over them not wanting to pay for women's condoms.

Attacked the police for questioning a black professor during a disturbance call.

Attacked the Supreme Court for even possibly reversing his Obamacare.

Attacked the military with huge budget cuts this year and through the FYDP, while not decreasing ops tempo.

Attacked oil companies for his own policies which are driving up costs.

Attacked unions in the coal and oil industries by stopping key projects that employ them.

Attacked Republicans for not wanting to help him drive the country off a cliff.

Last edited:

Republicans are 90% white. He's black. They were 90% white LONG before he was black. The root of the divide is the "Confederate Right Wing Conservative Republican Party of Teanuts."

We don't even know for sure where he was born and his college records are locked in a freaking vault. So much for the most open administration in history. If it wasn't for the slavish support of the mainstream media most of the democrat party would be laughed out of politics.

And what are you willing to compromise on, in order to work with the 'other side' and not be divisive yourself?

Working with the left means "bend over and grab your ankles"... fuck that shit. There's no compromising with the radical left.

And thus why I loathe the term bipartisan...

And there is that divisiveness we have all come to know from the right. Thanks for countering the op's ridiculous argument.

Forum List

Back