Most corrupt states in the US

Wall Street 24/7 now that's a credible source, considering Louisiana, and Illinois aren't mentioned one would have to ponder why. The existence of an ethics oversight committee staffed with political cronies does not guarantee a corruption free legislature. Heck the US house and Senate have an ethics oversight committee that is about as worthless as it comes.

• Banned
The Center for Public Integrity’s report examined issues concerning accountability and ethics in each state government. States were graded on 330 separate metrics, which were grouped into 14 major categories. Overall grades are based on the average grades in the major categories, which included lobbying disclosure, political financing, internal auditing, ethics enforcement agencies and redistricting.

So, it wasn't "Wall Street 24/7" that conducted the study, they just happened to be reporting the results.

It was the "Center for Public Integrity"

Nevertheless the fact that Louisiana is not on that list is highly questionable.
As well as Illinois. California and Nevada?? C'mon...

• Banned
Nevertheless the fact that Louisiana is not on that list is highly questionable.
As well as Illinois. California and Nevada?? C'mon...

My intention was simply to post the results of the study. Not to pass judgement.

Heck you may be right for all know. But that's what the study says.

I think these standards are completely screwed up. How do California, New York, Illinios, and Michigan not get in the top ten?

Granny says dey need to send `em back to business school fer a refresher course in ethics - or take away dey's degree...
:cool:
Time for Real Ethics Clauses in CEO and Board Contracts
5/22/12 --- Recent crises as companies such as Best Buy have some feeling investors should no longer allow company boards to ignore enforcing real integrity guidelines in CEOs.
Some Boards do a lousy job at vetting CEOs. Those behind HP's Leo Apotheker, General Motor's Ed Whitacre and Yahoo!'s Scott Thompson come to mind. Even more do an even lousier job at writing contracts that grant bad-character CEOs incredibly golden severance packages. I'm thinking about the board backing Best Buy's Brian Dunn. As Dunn's prior administration oversaw employee layoffs, the closing of 50 stores, and blight left on communities around the country, Best Buy's board revealed the findings of their investigation of Dunn's improprieties. Taken from the company press release, Key findings include:

The CEO violated company policy by engaging in an extremely close personal relationship with a female employee that negatively impacted the work environment ... the CEO's relationship with the female employee demonstrated extremely poor judgment and a lack of professionalism. In spite of this, Dunn got a severance package of more than $6.6 million.

Best Buy's board chairman, Richard Schulze, steps down June 21; the investigation revealed he acted inappropriately when he failed to bring the matter of Dunn to the audit committee of the board of directors in December, when the allegations were first raised. In spite of his lax conduct, Schulze assumes the title of founder and chairman emeritus, an honorary position, and will serve out the remainder of his term as director through June 2013. Translation: He also gets paid big time.

Recently disgraced Yahoo CEO Scott Thompson and the subsequently embarrassed Yahoo board at least had in their contract that Thompson could be fired "with cause" if found to be "engaging in unprofessional, unethical or other intentional acts that materially discredit the company." But as Thompson departs, he'll keep a multimillion-dollar signing bonus and his $375,000 in salary. My question is, "Why?" It's time to have and enforce ethics clauses in CEO and board contracts.

MORE

Hawaii always flies under the radar - bit it's very bad here. I'm generally liberal but the democrats and the labor unions here control everything. Four women got a job at my dads business and week later they all file for workers comp at the same time and quit due to "hand injuries" from carrying a 8lb bucket.

As always in Hawaii, they won and got workers comp. Happens all the time.

Forum List

Back