Most annoying rumors about your religion

Father Time

I'll be Still Alive
Nov 29, 2008
What are the most annoying rumors you hear time and time again about your religion?

I'm an atheist and for me it would be that atheism is a religion or requires faith.

"religion-a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs."

Atheism makes no claims as to how life, the universe or anything got started. You can be an atheist and not believe in evolution or the big bang. Heck your answer could easily be 'I don't know, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't a God involved'.

The most annoying thing about any religion is that each believes they are the only true religion and are willing to fight to the death in an attempt to prove their ridiculous claims.

What are the most annoying rumors you hear time and time again about your religion?

I'm an atheist and for me it would be that atheism is a religion or requires faith.

"religion-a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs."

Atheism makes no claims as to how life, the universe or anything got started. You can be an atheist and not believe in evolution or the big bang. Heck your answer could easily be 'I don't know, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't a God involved'.

too funny.....

too funny.....

What you think it qualifies as a religion?

I understand your statement concerning how anything got started. You say, "I don't know, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't a God involved." If you don't know how it all started, then how can you be so sure that it wasn't done by God? I don't follow the logic. If you don't know then how can you say this is a true statement?

I'm an atheist and for me it would be
that atheism is a religion or requires faith.

By answering your own question so, you just called atheism a religion :eusa_eh:

The most annoying rumor about Atheists is that they are all arrogant snobs tha are too blind to realize a GOD.

Wait a second!!!​

I am arrogant
I am snobbish
I wear glasses
I do not think there is a GOD

So I can't call that a rumor now can I?:eusa_eh:

I understand your statement concerning how anything got started. You say, "I don't know, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't a God involved." If you don't know how it all started, then how can you be so sure that it wasn't done by God? I don't follow the logic. If you don't know then how can you say this is a true statement?
Just because we don't know the answer doesn't mean we can't eliminate one possibility.

☭proletarian☭;1953301 said:

Technically you're right. Fine the most annoying rumor regarding your religious beliefs.

Technically you're right. Fine the most annoying rumor regarding your religious beliefs.

So atheism is (necessarily) a belief? :eusa_eh:

Not all atheists are of the gnostic variety.

The most annoying thing about any religion is that each believes they are the only true religion and are willing to fight to the death in an attempt to prove their ridiculous claims.

True, many do believe that their particular religion is the only true religion.

However, they are not fighting to proove it to anyone. They are just striving to be free to believe the way they do, and if their faith requires proclamation, to do so.

Jesus is "The way, the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by..." Him. John 14:6

That Satan is evil.

He's not evil...he's just misunderstood.

i-love-satan.jpg

Last edited:

It bothers me when people have the mistaken belief that Christianity is a religion of hate and intolerance.

Quite the opposite is true.

It also annoys me when people lump all people who "call themselves Christians" together, and will not accept that there are some who really are born again, and some who are not.

☭proletarian☭;1953379 said:

Yes it's a belief in the loosest sense of the world.

But fine what should I call it then?

It bothers me when people have the mistaken belief that Christianity is a religion of hate and intolerance.

It also annoys me when people lump all people who "call themselves Christians" together, and will not accept that there are some who really are born again, and some who are not.

Tell us--how does your mother "Birth you twice"??

a-without

theism-belief in deity

'atheism' alone implies agnostic athiesm: a lack of belief in deity

☭proletarian☭;1953434 said:

a-without

theism-belief in deity

'atheism' alone implies agnostic athiesm: a lack of belief in deity

But that can be rephrased as belief in no diety.

So a play on words can lead to a belief--just that it is in the non-existance of a God.

In any case, Atheism lacks a cosmology to develop a perspective that unify the group. Without this basis, I think calling Atheism a religion is a bit misleading.

Tell us--how does your mother "Birth you twice"??

When Jesus was asked that question, it was sincere. I will just share with you that the second birth is a Spiritual one. The reason there is a need for the secong birth is because our first eternal birth resulted in death because of sin. We must be born of the flesh and the Spirit. That according to Jesus.

It's more a lack of belief (at least for me).. If you want to believe in a God, and a Devil, and Heaven, and Hell, that's all fine & dandy for you. I'm a firm believer in worm food.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back