Most Americans Don't Believe The Official Tale Of 9/11...

9/11 certainly changed America and not for the better. It resulted in an even bigger more intrusive and dangerous central government. Whether you believe the government's story on 9/11 or not, it is hard to dispute that what has resulted is a government out of control and lost liberty for all Americans.

This column spells it out rather well...

9/11 marked the end of a relatively untroubled time in the US following the 1980 and 90s, and the beginning of a dark turn that continues to this day. Optimism, an enduring feature of the American psyche (rightly or wrongly identified as buncombe by Mencken) suddenly was in short supply.

Lives were lost, along with innocence. But the innocence lost that day had less to do with terrorism or even the threat of terrorism than it did with what we all knew was coming: an exponential rise in the size and scope of the American state. The specter of growing state power frightened even those eager to endorse it, as most Americans were in the days following.

For libertarians 9/11 was especially troubling precisely because of the intense public demand for Congress and the Bush administration to do something. Whether that something was rational, just, or even served American interests was almost beside the point. The people wanted blood, and after the images of bodies jumping from the twin towers who can blame the politicians in DC for obliging them? If there are no atheists in foxholes, there are very few libertarians after terrorist attacks. Our uneasy job was to counsel reason and restraint, even if that meant shouting into a wind tunnel.

The entire US national security apparatus, a trillion-dollar enterprise extending far beyond the Pentagon and alphabet soup intelligence agencies like the CIA and NSA, had failed utterly in its ostensible mission. All the airport security, nuclear missiles, air defense command centers, bombers, fighter jets, aircraft carriers, destroyers, spooks, spies, analysts, and supercomputers could not protect a single American from a small group of middle-class Saudi kids with box-cutters and a few hours of Cessna training.

So what should have been a profoundly embarrassing and soul-searching moment for the US national security state became an exercise in chest thumping. War room sessions at the White House made for good TV optics, but humility rather that hubris was in order. The question of what to do could not be answered without understanding what went wrong and what motivated the perpetrators. But not a single federal employee was fired because of 9/11, at least not so far as Senator Rand Paul can tell.

Instead, both Congress and the Bush 43 administration reacted predictably to 9/11 and poured it on: we will spend whatever it takes, do whatever it takes, and go wherever it takes to get the people who did this.

16 years later, the War on Terror™ has yielded hundreds of thousands of dead and injured Americans, Iraqis, and Afghans, ongoing and intractable wars disguised as nation building, the Patriot Act, illegal executive actions, trillions in new federal debt, vastly increased federal surveillance powers, rubber stamped FISA court warrants, TSA at the airports, a useless Department of Homeland Security, overflowing VA hospitals, and increasingly militarized police here at home. More importantly, it has yielded a distressing complacency toward grotesque federal power.

It has not yielded peace, or liberty, or security. But liberty vs. security was never the choice.

Government Won on 9/11 - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

this is all the sockppuppet paid shill Indiana that has posted here for years who replied after me just now and can only do in defeat the fact that I exposed explosives brought down the towers and it was an inside job from the help of gipper and that other fellow truth seeker of course, he only cry to his handlers in defeat for a pay raise for the ass beatings he suffered for me after i took grampa to school it was an inside job.here he is below crying to his boss right now asking him to tell him what kind of lie to post while getting paid money to post his lies by him.:haha::lmao:

6856432-baby-boy-cartoon-crying.jpg

Last edited:
9/11 certainly changed America and not for the better. It resulted in an even bigger more intrusive and dangerous central government. Whether you believe the government's story on 9/11 or not, it is hard to dispute that what has resulted is a government out of control and lost liberty for all Americans.

This column spells it out rather well...

9/11 marked the end of a relatively untroubled time in the US following the 1980 and 90s, and the beginning of a dark turn that continues to this day. Optimism, an enduring feature of the American psyche (rightly or wrongly identified as buncombe by Mencken) suddenly was in short supply.

Lives were lost, along with innocence. But the innocence lost that day had less to do with terrorism or even the threat of terrorism than it did with what we all knew was coming: an exponential rise in the size and scope of the American state. The specter of growing state power frightened even those eager to endorse it, as most Americans were in the days following.

For libertarians 9/11 was especially troubling precisely because of the intense public demand for Congress and the Bush administration to do something. Whether that something was rational, just, or even served American interests was almost beside the point. The people wanted blood, and after the images of bodies jumping from the twin towers who can blame the politicians in DC for obliging them? If there are no atheists in foxholes, there are very few libertarians after terrorist attacks. Our uneasy job was to counsel reason and restraint, even if that meant shouting into a wind tunnel.

The entire US national security apparatus, a trillion-dollar enterprise extending far beyond the Pentagon and alphabet soup intelligence agencies like the CIA and NSA, had failed utterly in its ostensible mission. All the airport security, nuclear missiles, air defense command centers, bombers, fighter jets, aircraft carriers, destroyers, spooks, spies, analysts, and supercomputers could not protect a single American from a small group of middle-class Saudi kids with box-cutters and a few hours of Cessna training.

So what should have been a profoundly embarrassing and soul-searching moment for the US national security state became an exercise in chest thumping. War room sessions at the White House made for good TV optics, but humility rather that hubris was in order. The question of what to do could not be answered without understanding what went wrong and what motivated the perpetrators. But not a single federal employee was fired because of 9/11, at least not so far as Senator Rand Paul can tell.

Instead, both Congress and the Bush 43 administration reacted predictably to 9/11 and poured it on: we will spend whatever it takes, do whatever it takes, and go wherever it takes to get the people who did this.

16 years later, the War on Terror™ has yielded hundreds of thousands of dead and injured Americans, Iraqis, and Afghans, ongoing and intractable wars disguised as nation building, the Patriot Act, illegal executive actions, trillions in new federal debt, vastly increased federal surveillance powers, rubber stamped FISA court warrants, TSA at the airports, a useless Department of Homeland Security, overflowing VA hospitals, and increasingly militarized police here at home. More importantly, it has yielded a distressing complacency toward grotesque federal power.

It has not yielded peace, or liberty, or security. But liberty vs. security was never the choice.

Government Won on 9/11 - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

it also crated the patriot act which fools like grampa dont get has made us into an orwellein police state not understanding the patriot act is not for us it is AGAINST which is WHY it should REALLY be called the UNPATRIOT ACT.

this is all the sockppuppet paid shill Indiana that has posted here for years who replied after me just now and can only do in defeat the fact that I exposed explosives brought down the towers and it was an inside job from the help of gipper and that other fellow truth seeker of course, he only cry to his handlers in defeat for a pay raise for the ass beatings he suffered for me after i took grampa to school it was an inside job.here he is below crying to his boss right now asking him to tell him what kind of lie to post while getting paid money to post his lies by him.:haha::lmao:

Yes, this is how crazy people think: Everyone else is crazy or lying, if they don't agree with my ridiculous, absurd nonsense. what choice do you have? Dropping your embarrassing nonsense surely is not an option, because then you must admit you have been insane this entire time. so you have to tell yourself everyone else is crazy. or lying. Whatever it takes, really.

Yes, this is how crazy people think: Everyone else is crazy or lying, if they don't agree with my ridiculous, absurd nonsense. what choice do you have? Dropping your embarrassing nonsense surely is not an option, because then you must admit you have been insane this entire time. so you have to tell yourself everyone else is crazy. or lying. Whatever it takes, really.
Never believe the government. They lie.

these are always the cowardly comments by disgusting monsters like him and issac newton and others that SHOULD have died in the towers instead of the other victems,they cant counter evidence and facts so this is always their sad comebacks when they are backed up against the wall with facts they cant get around with nowhere left to run.

Yeah, equating all who question the Government's 9/11 narrative to 'Holocaust Deniers', really is shamefully disingenuous. I mean, this man's brother was murdered on 9/11. Him asking questions, certainly doesn't = being a 'Tinfoil Hat Holocaust Denier.'

"
Him asking questions, certainly doesn't = being a 'Tinfoil Hat Holocaust Denier.'"

Right. It's when he refuses to accept answers simply because they don't align with his nutball conspiracy theories that he becomes a tinfoil hat crazy person. Glad we could clear that up!

You didn't clear anything up, ya nutball.

Read the article. Stop being a pompous jerkoff.
View attachment 148845

these are always the cowardly comments by disgusting monsters like him and issac newton and others that SHOULD have died in the towers instead of the other victems,they cant counter evidence and facts so this is always their sad comebacks when they are backed up against the wall with facts they cant get around with nowhere left to run.

Yeah, equating all who question the Government's 9/11 narrative to 'Holocaust Deniers', really is shamefully disingenuous. I mean, this man's brother was murdered on 9/11. Him asking questions, certainly doesn't = being a 'Tinfoil Hat Holocaust Denier.'

"
Him asking questions, certainly doesn't = being a 'Tinfoil Hat Holocaust Denier.'"

Right. It's when he refuses to accept answers simply because they don't align with his nutball conspiracy theories that he becomes a tinfoil hat crazy person. Glad we could clear that up!

You didn't clear anything up, ya nutball.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Forum List

Back