Most americans are both liberal and conservative

What if people find you immoral?

That's why we need a fully notated and legislated definition of what IS and IS NOT considered to be appropriate and moral in society.

The only morality we should observe is that we violate the rights of no other individual long as that one moral tenet is held that will be enough.

Totally disagree. Then again I believe in a concept known as Universal Morality which indicates that there is only one true version of Morality which is totally disconnected from any particular religion, culture, and society by being connected to all of them.

All morality is subjective.

Ah, a 12 year old troll.

I hope your mommy catches on to you soon, buster....and sees this post.

LOL. I'll be 37 in July, thank you very much. As for my mother.... she would AGREE with my commentary. Then again she's a pastor's daughter and has never in her 65 years really been all that interested in politics or anything of that sort.

So anyone who you in all your infinite wisdom deem to be immoral should not enjoy the same freedoms you do?

You got it. I have never believed in a "Right" to act in an Immoral manner.

So, you want to live in a theocracy?

May I interest you in a nice apartment in Iran?

Quite the little US constitution-hater, ain't you?

On that we will have to disagree, VEHIMENTLY.

Not a Theocracy. RELIGION is a FARCE. MORALITY supercedes religion, culture, and nationality so far as I'm concerned.

If it weren't for the lack of private ownership of firearms in most Middle Eastern countries I'd have been moved to Iran or Saudi Arabia YEARS AGO.

I hate what the US Constitution has BECOME, not what I believe it was INTENDED to be. Then again I believe that the Founders were incredibly naive for not including a listing of the DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES of a Citizen along with the Rights and Freedoms thereof. They expect that it was self-explainatory. They were impossibly naive in that expectation.

Not a Theocracy. RELIGION is a FARCE. MORALITY supercedes religion, culture, and nationality so far as I'm concerned.

If it weren't for the lack of private ownership of firearms in most Middle Eastern countries I'd have been moved to Iran or Saudi Arabia YEARS AGO.

I hate what the US Constitution has BECOME, not what I believe it was INTENDED to be. Then again I believe that the Founders were incredibly naive for not including a listing of the DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES of a Citizen along with the Rights and Freedoms thereof. They expect that it was self-explainatory. They were impossibly naive in that expectation.

Sounds more and more like a personal problem, and I'm happy it isn't my burden to carry.

Enjoy your life in Iran.

Dun let the door hit ya on the ass on the way out.

Morality is a human concept and therefore subjective. For you to claim otherwise, you must then offer proof as to a nonhuman entity to whose morality you subscribe.

Sounds more and more like a personal problem, and I'm happy it isn't my burden to carry.

Enjoy your life in Iran. Dun let the door hit ya on the ass on the way out.

Everyone has their own burdens in life to carry, Maddy. Some of us carry them in this lifetime. Some of you will carry them in your next lifetime.

Honestly, if it weren't for the gun ownership issue I would have moved to the Middle East years ago. It's not a perfect society, but it's better in many ways than what we have here in the United States.

Morality is a human concept and therefore subjective. For you to claim otherwise, you must then offer proof as to a nonhuman entity to whose morality you subscribe.

Not at all. I don't want to turn this into a religious debate, but I am not a believer in any particular religion. I'm Spiritual, not Religious and haven't been Religious in many years. Universal Morality draws its tenants from the commonalities in the most successful religions, societies, nations, and cultures. When one looks at all of them you find a basic, bare-bones system of common ideals, values, and tenants that I believe make up Universal Morality.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's fictional character Sherlock Holmes was famous for saying... "Once you remove the impossible, whatever is left, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Likewise, I would suggest that when one looks at the successful organized groups in human history, the commonalities amongst those groups, no matter how distasteful to many people, must be the core of what is good, right, and proper in social interaction among the human population.

Enjoy your life in Iran. Dun let the door hit ya on the ass on the way out.

Everyone has their own burdens in life to carry, Maddy. Some of us carry them in this lifetime. Some of you will carry them in your next lifetime.

Honestly, if it weren't for the gun ownership issue I would have moved to the Middle East years ago. It's not a perfect society, but it's better in many ways than what we have here in the United States.

Not at all. I don't want to turn this into a religious debate, but I am not a believer in any particular religion. I'm Spiritual, not Religious and haven't been Religious in many years. Universal Morality draws its tenants from the commonalities in the most successful religions, societies, nations, and cultures. When one looks at all of them you find a basic, bare-bones system of common ideals, values, and tenants that I believe make up Universal Morality.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's fictional character Sherlock Holmes was famous for saying... "Once you remove the impossible, whatever is left, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Likewise, I would suggest that when one looks at the successful organized groups in human history, the commonalities amongst those groups, no matter how distasteful to many people, must be the core of what is good, right, and proper in social interaction among the human population.

As I said before the only code of morality that is truly universal is the respect for the rights of another.

If you subscribe to the statement that all people have the inalienable rights to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness then a life lived that violates none of those rights of another is a moral life.

The subjectivity is introduced when you start passing judgments on what another chooses to do in his own individual pursuit of life, liberty and happiness especially if in that pursuit he violates none of your rights.

As I said before the only code of morality that is truly universal is the respect for the rights of another.

As I have said previously, we will have to disagree on that.

If you subscribe to the statement that all people have the inalienable rights to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness then a life lived that violates none of those rights of another is a moral life.

That is NOT a statement that I subscribe to. It never has been and likely never will be.

The subjectivity is introduced when you start passing judgments on what another chooses to do in his own individual pursuit of life, liberty and happiness especially if in that pursuit he violates none of your rights.

We're really just going round and round in cicles here, Skull Pilot. I know how you view it and I'm hoping that by now you've seen how I do, even if you disagree with it. So at this point there's really no sense in going through this again and again. Neither of our minds is going to be changed and I'm sure we've both got better things to do.

I don't want the Federal Government spending much money at all on anything other than Homeland Defense, the Military, and a few other very basic things.

Don't forget prisons, spying, judicial constraints, wars, building bombs, containment centers, financing weapons/wars for other countries, secret assassinations, recording data, GPS tracking, torture, genocide and few other freedom based attributes.

Last edited:
Ah, a 12 year old troll.

I hope your mommy catches on to you soon, buster....and sees this post.

LOL. I'll be 37 in July, thank you very much. As for my mother.... she would AGREE with my commentary. Then again she's a pastor's daughter and has never in her 65 years really been all that interested in politics or anything of that sort.

So anyone who you in all your infinite wisdom deem to be immoral should not enjoy the same freedoms you do?

You got it. I have never believed in a "Right" to act in an Immoral manner.

What if people find you immoral?

The only morality we should observe is that we violate the rights of no other individual as long as that one moral tenet is held that will be enough.

I find this guy immoral. He is an authoritarian fascist that has no regard for others.

Don't forget prisons, spying, judicial constraints, wars, building bombs, containment centers, financing weapons/wars for other countries, secret assassinations, recording data, GPS tracking, torture, genocide and few other freedom based attributes.

I've highlighted the ones that I agree with in full. Wars should only be fought for the best interests of the UNITED STATES, not other countries. We should not be here to make other people free or to solve their problems for them. I'm for a return to a JUSTICE system, not a LEGAL system. I see no need for containment centers. Re-education camps, maybe but not containment centers.

I find this guy immoral. He is an authoritarian fascist that has no regard for others.

Due to a significant, obvious, outward birth defect that I live with every day; I learned early on in life that the only person who made my best interests a priority was ME. If I'm spending all my time trying to look out for my best interests and protect myself from the rest of the world, there's not much left to look out for anyone else's interests. There are a few who have earned my "protection" over the years and they find it to be a nice, warm, comforting refuge for they come to know a man who would both kill or die for them. That number of people is very small, however.

I've been the running joke of an entire grade level. I've been on more than one "mercy date". I have seen the darkness that grows inside the hearts of men, women, and children for those who are even the slightest bit different from them. That is why I have little or no regard for others.

I've highlighted the ones that I agree with in full. Wars should only be fought for the best interests of the UNITED STATES, not other countries. We should not be here to make other people free or to solve their problems for them. I'm for a return to a JUSTICE system, not a LEGAL system. I see no need for containment centers. Re-education camps, maybe but not containment centers.

Due to a significant, obvious, outward birth defect that I live with every day; I learned early on in life that the only person who made my best interests a priority was ME. If I'm spending all my time trying to look out for my best interests and protect myself from the rest of the world, there's not much left to look out for anyone else's interests.

That is why I have little or no regard for others.

Do you see how your views here are incongruous with others you've posted?

If you only have time to look out for your own interests and in doing so you do not violate the rights of others to do the same that is a moral life. However you want to impose some random morality on others when you yourself are only concerned with your own self interests.

If you only have time to look out for your own interests and in doing so you do not violate the rights of others to do the same that is a moral life. However you want to impose some random morality on others when you yourself are only concerned with your own self interests.

You're not quite looking at the wide enough picture, Skull Pilot.

The imposition of that "random" morality on others is the quickest, easiest, and most efficient way I've ever found to ensure that my best interests and viewpoints are looked after. It's much easier to win the game when YOU make the rules.

You're not quite looking at the wide enough picture, Skull Pilot.

The imposition of that "random" morality on others is the quickest, easiest, and most efficient way I've ever found to ensure that my best interests and viewpoints are looked after. It's much easier to win the game when YOU make the rules.

So as long as all people bend to your will. you believe it is a moral world.

I get it now, you're a megalomaniac.

So basically what you're saying is that most Americans don't really have a set of morals, standards, values, and ideals that they believe in. That I will most definitely agree with.

As both a Fiscal and a Social Conservative of the extreme type, that disgusts me to the point of nausea, but it doesn't surprise me.

You're an admitted extremist, that makes your objectivity zero.

Forum List

Back