Most amazing thing about WW2

I truly don't mean to pick on you, but are you some kid who overdosed on "Call of Duty" and "Medal of Honor" video games?

Talk to anyone who actually lived during that time, whether it's one of the few remaining WWII combat veterans or one of the family members who was on the home front. You'll find out very quickly that WWII in real life was nothing like you see it portrayed in the movies or on your X-box.

Otherwise, your attempts to address serious military topics with the adults here is cute, amusing but somewhat bothersome.

This clown Ginscpy has never served but he wants credit for keeping his draft card, and according to him the all volunteer service we have now is a joke and we haven't fought a real war since WW2.

Volunteer military is not a joke -but we havent fought a real was since WW2.

So what are we doing now in Iraq and Afghanistan, bake sales and selling girl scout cookies?

And even in WW 2 - there were only 5 deaths on the US mainland (5 killed in Oregon forest by Jap balloon bomb) compared to 20 million in theSoviet Union.

We should have been in the fight long before Pearl Harbor.

But we did it right after that...............................

And even in WW 2 - there were only 5 deaths on the US mainland (5 killed in Oregon forest by Jap balloon bomb) compared to 20 million in theSoviet Union.

We should have been in the fight long before Pearl Harbor.

But we did it right after that...............................

You don't know what the hell your talking about, you never served this country. If you were around during WW2 you would have hid under your bed and skipped out on the war, like you did during Nam.

Still have my draft card - more than you can say.............................................

Was too young to have ever servedin Nam anyway - nobody born in 1953 served in Nam -was - peak US military involment was in 1969

How different our world is...when I was a kid EVERYBODY'S dad was a veteran...and a signifance number of those saw real action, too.

And imagine what it was like for the kids whose families were IN the combat areas.

In their cases most of the MOTHER's saw action, too.

Still have my draft card - more than you can say.............................................

Was too young to have ever servedin Nam anyway - nobody born in 1953 served in Nam -was - peak US military involment was in 1969

Fuck you and your draft card pussy, I actually served in the Military and went on two deployments, thats more than your draft dodging bitch ass can say. Keep watching the history channel, thank the real veterans for their service and shut the fuck up. :thup:

Fuck you and your draft card pussy, I actually served in the Military and went on two deployments, thats more than your draft dodging bitch ass can say. Keep watching the history channel, thank the real veterans for their service and shut the fuck up. :thup:

what war did you serve in?? a freaging deployment

Spending time away from loved ones is never fun. You need to think twice before you insult our men and women in uniform buckwheat.

I truly don't mean to pick on you, but are you some kid who overdosed on "Call of Duty" and "Medal of Honor" video games?

Talk to anyone who actually lived during that time, whether it's one of the few remaining WWII combat veterans or one of the family members who was on the home front. You'll find out very quickly that WWII in real life was nothing like you see it portrayed in the movies or on your X-box.

Otherwise, your attempts to address serious military topics with the adults here is cute, amusing but somewhat bothersome.

This clown Ginscpy has never served but he wants credit for keeping his draft card, and according to him the all volunteer service we have now is a joke and we haven't fought a real war since WW2.

Tell that to guys like my Uncle who fought in Korea. ~BH

Tell that to guys like my Uncle who fought in Korea. ~BH

I don't like draws ( Korea )

Neither didGeorgePatton or MacArthur

Whatever - Surrender on the USS- Misiousi - the GG didnt settle for drawss

Today (most?) Americans defend Truman's decision to incinerate two Japanese cities with nuclear weapons in order to convince the hard core Japanese military to surrender. The reason being that it would be too costly to invade Japan. The fact that Truman refused to talk about any surrender terms other than unconditional and Japan was trying to negotiate terms with the monster Stalin seems to be ignored. The hangup was the preservation of the Japanese emperor and not executing him and the US refused to negotiate. Ironically the emperor was preserved anyway after we dropped two big ones.

Way off.

The Bombs were dropped on Japan because they rejected Potsdam with nothing to say, which is what "unconditional" really meant--accept the Potsdam terms or else. The Emperor being removed and killed was not one of those terms, in fact he wasn't mentioned at all.

The Japanese didn't agree to a conditional surrender even after Nagasaki was bombed. The Army itself even attempted a coup to prevent surrender when the decision was made.

The Japanese wanted to end the war on their terms and leave their murderously criminal government intact. They thought that would be more likely with the Soviets poking their noses in.

Edit: And I'd bet you money that it isn't just (some) Americans who defend the move to use the Bombs. Just ask the Chinese.

Last edited:
Most amazing (ironic, really) thing to me personally: the fact that GEN Patton survived the war only to die in a Jeep accident immediately afterward.

Operation Iraqi Freedom you fucking idiot.

Those who served should not denigrate the service of those who have.

Forum List

Back