Most amazing fact about Republican Party politics these days

RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY!

That's what y'all always seem to do when you're called out.

LOL....tell us what you know about the ACA dad.

I know it's not a single payer system. Do you?

ps: I read the whole damn thing back when it was being considered by Congress. Did you?

So then....

1) Who determines what insurance companies must cover?
2) Who determines what they can charge?

I don't have the ACA right in front of me now, but I believe that would be the federal government.

I'd point out, though, that the states do that now, have done it in the past, and would do it again under Romney's "reform" plan.

Please explain to me how that's better and how it isn't responsible for all those millions of uninsured people and the fastest rising healthcare costs in history.

I don't have the ACA right in front of me now, but I believe that would be the federal government.

I'd point out, though, that the states do that now, have done it in the past, and would do it again under Romney's "reform" plan.

Please explain to me how that's better and how it isn't responsible for all those millions of uninsured people and the fastest rising healthcare costs in history.

I'll give you one out of two.

Yes, it is the Feds.
Right now the States allow varying coverages and varying pricing sructures.

That goes away with the exchanges.....the exchanges will make EVERYONE offer the same coverages AND charge the same amount for it.....

This is AFTER they do away with rejections for pre-existings.....

So what does that mean?

It means you have to take EVERYONE no matter what..and you must cover them ALL with the same coverages...AND EVERYONE must charge the same for the policies.

What will that do to the private insurers who are in this for profit?

Never mind whether you think they should or shouldn't be in it for profit...what does it do to those Companies?

I'll give you one out of two.

Yes, it is the Feds.
Right now the States allow varying coverages and varying pricing sructures.

That goes away with the exchanges.....the exchanges will make EVERYONE offer the same coverages AND charge the same amount for it.....

This is AFTER they do away with rejections for pre-existings.....

So what does that mean?

It means you have to take EVERYONE no matter what..and you must cover them ALL with the same coverages...AND EVERYONE must charge the same for the policies.

What will that do to the private insurers who are in this for profit?

Never mind whether you think they should or shouldn't be in it for profit...what does it do to those Companies?

In the first place, which is the highest priority for you? The healthcare of your fellow citizens or corporate profits? Ultimately, that's what this whole issue boils down to: Priorities. The GOP has consistently shown their priority is profit.

Secondly, it WILL level the playing field, which supposedly is something the right likes.

Thirdly, no insurance company will go broke. Neither will doctors and hospitals. They may, however, have to settle for not AS MUCH profit. You might look at it as an imposed social conscience. None of us are immune from the effects of uninsured people, even the hospitals, doctors and insurance companies. They cost us all money and if some companies have to give up a portion of their profit for the greater good, that's no different than the taxes we pay as a cost of living in a free country.

Fourth, it will standardize coverage across state lines, which will have the effect of ending healthcare migration out of states with poor coverage to states with better coverage. We used to see that with welfare. Under Romney's states rights plan, we'd see it with healthcare. The end result is that the sickest people would gravitate to the states with the best plan, increasing that state's costs disproportionately.

Fifth, the law will require insurance companies to spend 80% of their premiums on actual healthcare. That prevents scoundrels and frauds from collecting premiums, diverting huge amounts to "administrative costs" and denying payment for covered services. Even so, a 20% allowance is awfully generous. In comparison, for instance, any charity which diverts that much money to so-called administrative costs would not get my contribution. Would they get yours? If not, why would you be willing to allow it from your insurance company?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back