Most Admired Country in the World

R

rdean

It climbed from seventh place last year, ahead of France, Germany, the United Kingdom and Japan which completed the top five nations in the Nation Brand Index (NBI).

"What's really remarkable is that in all my years studying national reputation, I have never seen any country experience such a dramatic change in its standing as we see for the United States for 2009," said Simon Anholt, the founder of NBI, which measured the global image of 50 countries each year.

At the opposite end of the survey Colombia and Kenya tied for 47th place. Angola was number 49 and Iran came in last at number 50.

U.S. most admired country globally: survey | Lifestyle | Reuters

New poll finds Obama has already rebuilt America’s global brand | csmonitor.com

There are larger concerns, and it doesn't have to do with your Messiah.

The United States Of America is a Beacon of FREEDOM of LIBERTY to the opressed of the world...and to the same oppressed that Obama worships the very SAME dictators that dish OUT that oppression, and the very same Obama, that wants to do the same to that beacon of Freedom and liberty.

Obama means to extinguish that beacon by the institution of the very same inhibitive policies that those people are trying to escape.

Sorry to pour cold water on your PRAISE thread here of your Messiah...

But it is deserved.

Obama intends on being an oppressor by his policies that he champions.

Nice try. I ain't buyin' what yer sellin'. Try again

It climbed from seventh place last year, ahead of France, Germany, the United Kingdom and Japan which completed the top five nations in the Nation Brand Index (NBI).

"What's really remarkable is that in all my years studying national reputation, I have never seen any country experience such a dramatic change in its standing as we see for the United States for 2009," said Simon Anholt, the founder of NBI, which measured the global image of 50 countries each year.

At the opposite end of the survey Colombia and Kenya tied for 47th place. Angola was number 49 and Iran came in last at number 50.

You know rdean, I think I might be starting to pity you a little. I always feel badly for those that depend on others to provide their self-image. Didn't your Mom ever tell you that it really doesn't matter what others think of you. What matters is that you can look in the mirror and respect the image that you see looking back at you. Popularity isn't that important.

You know rdean, I think I might be starting to pity you a little. I always feel badly for those that depend on others to provide their self-image. Didn't your Mom ever tell you that it really doesn't matter what others think of you. What matters is that you can look in the mirror and respect the image that you see looking back at you. Popularity isn't that important.

Indeed. And as it stands? Obama keeps losing the argument with the image he sees before him.

Sweet! That means the Chicago Olympics 2016 is in the bag!

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Sweet! That means the Chicago Olympics 2016 is in the bag!
:clap2:

Livng proof that the world is indeed overly full of delusional idiots id Obama indeed contributed anything to our current standing.

There are larger concerns, and it doesn't have to do with your Messiah.

The United States Of America is a Beacon of FREEDOM of LIBERTY to the opressed of the world...and to the same oppressed that Obama worships the very SAME dictators that dish OUT that oppression, and the very same Obama, that wants to do the same to that beacon of Freedom and liberty.

Obama means to extinguish that beacon by the institution of the very same inhibitive policies that those people are trying to escape.

Sorry to pour cold water on your PRAISE thread here of your Messiah...

But it is deserved.

Obama intends on being an oppressor by his policies that he champions.

Nice try. I ain't buyin' what yer sellin'. Try again

Ah, shut up. You sound like some screechy little teen bitch. Get a life, and a little sanity as well.

I'm not surprised. The USA is a great country with plenty of good reasons for being admired. We are going through a tough time economically right now, but we will come out of it.

Well, for damned sure, Bush contributed to our move from # 1 to # 7. It is far too early to judge how well President Obama will do. He certainly was handed a load from the incompetance of the last administration. And the present Rushpublican Party is determined simply to oppose anything that he proposes, no matter what the harm such mindless opposition does to the nation.

As for you jumping for joy that Chicago failed in it's bid for the Olympics, that merely confirms the puerile mindset of you Conservatives.

Well, for damned sure, Bush contributed to our move from # 1 to # 7. It is far too early to judge how well President Obama will do. He certainly was handed a load from the incompetance of the last administration. And the present Rushpublican Party is determined simply to oppose anything that he proposes, no matter what the harm such mindless opposition does to the nation.

As for you jumping for joy that Chicago failed in it's bid for the Olympics, that merely confirms the puerile mindset of you Conservatives.

Conservatives did not celebrate the loss of the Olympics. They decried the incompetence of team Obama. Obama demeaned the office of the POTUS. RIO was "in the bag" not Chicago, yet Obama was too stupid to realize that and spent his political capitol on a losing effort. Rookie mistake? Maybe. More likely he thought he could ride in on his white horse and "bring it on home". He didn't. He failed and failed massively. Worst part? He looked small and petty doing it too. He made Bush look smart. I would've loved to see the Olympics in America again, but like I said, RIO was in the bag.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

Forum List

Back