Most accurate OWS assessment to date; Washington Times

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
EDITORIAL: The Wall Street whiners - Washington Times

Mostly college grads who didn't get a big paying job right after graduation. We kinda saw this coming. Entitled college grads who think they're degree in Diversity Studies or Multiculturalism and Globalism, or Environmental Studies...........are pissed that Microsoft, Target, Apple, NBC, Google, won't give them 100K a year and a corner office upon graduation.

After all, THEY the students went through their lectures on how evil America is. They eradicated any hint of racism, sexism, bias, discrimination or judgement (except against white christian males) from their minds.

One demonstrator held a sign saying he had a doctorate, three postdocs and would “work for food.” Even not knowing the young man’s field, it makes sense that he couldn’t find a job. His resume tells a prospective employer that he’s a perpetual student who’s spent most of his life hiding from the real world. This protester proves the point that you can be extremely well-educated and still not know anything.

Mostly college grads who didn't get a big paying job right after graduation. We kinda saw this coming. Entitled college grads who think they're degree in Diversity Studies or Multiculturalism and Globalism, or Environmental Studies...........are pissed that Microsoft, Target, Apple, NBC, Google, won't give them 100K a year and a corner office upon graduation.

After all, THEY the students went through their lectures on how evil America is. They eradicated any hint of racism, sexism, bias, discrimination or judgement (except against white christian males) from their minds.

1) Editorial
2) All hearsay
3) Zero evidence to back up claims

Well done.

+1 Life for you.

Perhaps Colleges and High Schools better teach students some fundamentals: Start with, acquire and develop MARKETABLE skills. A question I have for the OWS is if they would rather have a job that pays to meet their needs that they may not like or spend their time and energy being pawns of those who seek to have this country engaged in Class Warfare

What the fuck would you do if you just finished college, are $150,000 in debt with interest payments accruing, no job opportunities available, largely because of the economic collapse, and the jokers who brought it all down are getting blow jobs from strippers on their 50 million dollar yachts? I'd say they have a right to be fucking pissed off, and it would be appreciated if there was some respect for their position and some legitimacy considered for their apparent sentiments. Thank you.

1) Editorial
2) All hearsay
3) Zero evidence to back up claims

Well done.

+1 Life for you.

1- Like all left wing media
2- Everything is said by someone, thus life is hearsay
3- Evidence? Have you watched TV or read any OWS literature?

What the fuck would you do if you just finished college, are $150,000 in debt with interest payments accruing, no job opportunities available, largely because of the economic collapse, and the jokers who brought it all down are getting blow jobs from strippers on their 50 million dollar yachts? I'd say they have a right to be fucking pissed off, and it would be appreciated if there was some respect for their position and some legitimacy considered for their apparent sentiments. Thank you.

I would have NEVER gone to a damn college that costs 150K and gotten a degree that didn't guarantee a great job. Lots of morons bought into the idea that "OH my fancy liberal arts degree guarantees me a job!!"

Go to a tech school, learn a trade, or be a doctor. Otherwise, college is little help.

OWS folks are learning a life lesson many of us already knew. Education is great. But only work ethic guarantees a job, and even then it may be tough. Entry level, hard work, luck, modesty. That works.

But as we speak, an 18 year old is taking out 200K in loans to major in Multiculturalism Studies at Columbia U, and will protest in 6 years when he graduates and can't find work.

So basically, we have about 2 general types:

1- College grads without jobs who spend almost a quarter-million dollars for a piece of paper that says they went to lectures and partied for 4-5 years while.....either not working, or working at a coffee or music shop.

2- Those who didn't get an education, had too many kids, got arrested, partied until age 35, or any combination of those who now want a good job.

So........1: Dumb. 2: Dumb and irresponsible.

Why? They did it to themselves. No one FORCED them to take out a mountain of debt to get a useless degree. Sorry, but when you don't use any common sense, I have zero sympathy for your entirely self-inflicted wounds! If you borrow money to get a degree, then you had better make certain it is in a field where there is a high demand; otherwise, you're wasting your time and money. A BA in something like "Interdisciplinary Studies" and a buck will get you a cup of coffee (Not a latte from Starbucks).

Why? They did it to themselves. No one FORCED them to take out a mountain of debt to get a useless degree. Sorry, but when you don't use any common sense, I have zero sympathy for your entirely self-inflicted wounds! If you borrow money to get a degree, then you had better make certain it is in a field where there is a high demand; otherwise, you're wasting your time and money. A BA in something like "Interdisciplinary Studies" and a buck will get you a cup of coffee (Not a latte from Starbucks).

Financial adviser Dave Ramsey annoys me. BUT....he said if you buy a brand new car, rather than a used one, you're a fucking idiot. He's 100% right.

If you want to be anything other than a doctor......and you spend over 20K on college, you're a fucking idiot.

Unfortunately, we know liberals, and we know how valuable the feel a college lecture on diversity and global warming will be in the real world.

I'd go to work humping pipe on a derrick floor. The oil and gas industry is begging or hires. The pay's decent too. But I imagine it's beneath these folks to perform difficult manual labor for companies that foul the environment and suck petro dollars from our pockets.

We are not there first hand but I have heard many interviews ( people going down to interviews these whackadoodles) and most of the interviews the people have no idea why they are there. Or they are there because they want their student loans forgiven. People are down there for the hell of it. Some are there for the drugs and sex.

gop-halloween-2011.jpg

Did they finally pack it in in NY? The weather is getting pretty bad and my guess is the fat sissies are heading back to momma for a while before they head off to warmer climes.

If you want to be anything other than a doctor......and you spend over 20K on college, you're a fucking idiot.

Unfortunately, we know liberals, and we know how valuable the feel a college lecture on diversity and global warming will be in the real world.

I think you're grossly underestimating the value of a college degree. Even this AEI writer who disputes the commonly claimed value of $1 million admits the economic value of a degree is at least a few hundred thousand dollars. While some college degrees are not good economic investments, a bachelor's degree from a solid four-year institution is a terrific investment.

I'd go to work humping pipe on a derrick floor. The oil and gas industry is begging or hires. The pay's decent too.

The fact that some opportunities can still be scrounged up; the fact that it isn't completely impossible for people to get by, even now; the fact that, by working the kind of long hours that our ancestors fought bloody battles in the streets not to have to work without overtime pay, one can manage to hold body and soul together -- does not mean there's nothing wrong with the setup.

Most accurate OWS assessment to date; Washington Times

It appears that the constant attacking the messenger (OWS) isn't actually working. A majority of Americans support OWS. So maybe it would be better to try and attack the central message of what OWS is seen as..., David versus Goliath.
After decades of watching their wages lose out to inflation, seeing their wealth disappear and seeing their share of the National Income shrink to record levels, the working class is resonating with the OWS message.
So why don't all the usual defenders of the highly centralized accumulators of wealth, attack the message instead?
There can not be democracy in a plutocracy.

Oh lookie, guesswho is at it again,,,,,nooooo, they have no agenda! Tha's right, it's the Washington Times!

The sickness on Wall Street and why OWS protesters are wrong
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/stimulus/2011/oct/20/sickness-wall-street/

Last edited:
So basically, we have about 2 general types:

1- College grads without jobs who spend almost a quarter-million dollars for a piece of paper that says they went to lectures and partied for 4-5 years while.....either not working, or working at a coffee or music shop.

2- Those who didn't get an education, had too many kids, got arrested, partied until age 35, or any combination of those who now want a good job.

So........1: Dumb. 2: Dumb and irresponsible.

Really? How about a third type. Employed, and have been so for 50 years. Make good money. Resent the dumb asses that brought the economy down and continue to get 7 figure salaries. Also resent the people that tell lies about there fellow Americans.

Forum List

Back