Mosquitoes don’t bug rich tourists on Marlon Brando’s island. Here’s why that matters

Yanno Wash..........you really don't have to worry about mosquitoes. Get ahold of your local Avon lady, and buy some Skin So Soft soap and lotion. Wash with the soap, and when going outside, apply the lotion.

You won't get bit in the least. There's something in the formula that is a really good bug repellent and mosquitoes hate it.

Learned that trick in the Navy from a Marine I was stationed with.

• Banned
Yanno Wash..........you really don't have to worry about mosquitoes. Get ahold of your local Avon lady, and buy some Skin So Soft soap and lotion. Wash with the soap, and when going outside, apply the lotion.

You won't get bit in the least. There's something in the formula that is a really good bug repellent and mosquitoes hate it.

you're right, i've been using it since the seventies (vermont and maine and canada summer woods) it's a great simple solution that still holds up. hey, thanks for your service to our country ABS, Awesome.

you're right, i've been using it since the seventies (vermont and maine and canada summer woods) it's a great simple solution that still holds up. hey, thanks for your service to our country ABS, Awesome.

Happy to serve. Where else can you get paid to travel to 26 different countries and 49 different states? If you appreciate my service, please remember to vote this year, it's why I served.

By the way, another old wives remedy for stuff like ticks, chiggers and mosquitoes is to eat 2 eggs every breakfast during the bug season. My Grandmother swore by it, saying that the sulfur in the egg yolk gets into your bloodstream and it makes you unappealing to the bugs. And, to tell you the truth, it seemed to work when I was growing up. Won't work if you don't include the yokes though.

• Banned

Happy to serve. Where else can you get paid to travel to 26 different countries and 49 different states? If you appreciate my service, please remember to vote this year, it's why I served.

By the way, another old wives remedy for stuff like ticks, chiggers and mosquitoes is to eat 2 eggs every breakfast during the bug season. My Grandmother swore by it, saying that the sulfur in the egg yolk gets into your bloodstream and it makes you unappealing to the bugs. And, to tell you the truth, it seemed to work when I was growing up. Won't work if you don't include the yokes though.
i'll try it, i've been thinking of bringing back the bug zapper, they were entertaining too.

i will vote, and thanks for reminding me why you all served, why a young person decides/dedicates thier career to defend their country, and their family that supports them, and waits for their return. our military deserves our highest respect, and our military is the very reason why this democracy (democratic republic) has survived since 1776 ! yanno amigo ..:cool:

I know it really helped the sales of skin so soft.

I can't recall if it was supposed to help with ticks.

I know it really helped the sales of skin so soft.

I can't recall if it was supposed to help with ticks.

SSS helps with just about any kind of critter that likes to nibble on humans. They can't get through the layer of the chemicals because it makes them sick.

Like I've said before, go find your local Avon lady, get some Skin So Soft lotion, and apply when you go outside where mosquitoes are.

I promise............they won't touch you.

Like I've said before, go find your local Avon lady, get some Skin So Soft lotion, and apply when you go outside where mosquitoes are.

How would that work in malarial regions? I realize you're joking, but mosquitoes are a major disease vector.

How would that work in malarial regions? I realize you're joking, but mosquitoes are a major disease vector.

Doesn't matter. If you have SSS on you, mosquitoes won't even come near you. It's a trick that I learned in the Navy from a Marine who did a lot of training in the swamps. Doesn't matter if it's in a malaria region or not, because they will not bite, and in order for a mosquito to infect you, it has to bite you first.

And no, I'm not joking. I've used that little trick since about 1985, and have never been bit.

Doesn't matter. If you have SSS on you, mosquitoes won't even come near you. It's a trick that I learned in the Navy from a Marine who did a lot of training in the swamps. Doesn't matter if it's in a malaria region or not, because they will not bite, and in order for a mosquito to infect you, it has to bite you first.

And no, I'm not joking. I've used that little trick since about 1985, and have never been bit.

According to the WHO, there are approximately 214,000,000 cases of malaria annually. Neutering the mosquitoes seems a more practical solution.

According to the WHO, there are approximately 214,000,000 cases of malaria annually. Neutering the mosquitoes seems a more practical solution.

It takes time for programs like that to work. In the meantime, wear SSS and don't worry.

Incidentally, I've tested it against DEET, and believe it or not, it seems to work better than DEET, as well as doesn't dry out your skin. DEET will.

i thought this interesting.

Mosquitoes don't bug rich tourists on Marlon Brando's island. Here's why that matters

hopefully we can get zika behind us. i've always envisioned a world without mosquitos.

Mosquitoes don't bug rich tourists on Marlon Brando's island. Here's why that matters

hopefully we can get zika behind us. i've always envisioned a world without mosquitos.
Increase the dragon fly population..

Increase the dragon fly population..

Fee flyswatters

Forum List

Back