Mosque Developer Rejects Meeting With Paterson

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
If this doesn't prove that this Mosque at this location is to show a sign of victory over the infidels then I don't know what does. The guy won't even meet with the Governor about a potential other site to build on.

It's not about building a Mosque, it's about declaring victory over the US... Period.

There is no reason not to at least listen to what the Governor has to say and anyone who supports this Imam needs to be checked out by the FBI or CIA.

Mosque Developer Rejects Meeting With Paterson | NBC New York

How sad. A missed opportunity for sure. I have to give Paterson a lot of credit. He has shown some real leadership on this. As people on this board know,i'm certainly no Democrat supporter but i have to praise Paterson on his efforts. It has been appreciated.

I agree it was a noble effort but now we know the truth about this Imam... and about the people who support him.

Wouldn't moving to another site be admitting that worshipping Islam shouldn't be permitted near the WTC?

Wouldn't moving to another site be admitting that worshipping Islam shouldn't be permitted near the WTC?

No, it would mean they understand how this is being perceived by the majority of Americans and it would show that they (Project 51) were sincere in building bridges.

No, it would mean they understand how this is being perceived by the majority of Americans and it would show that they (Project 51) were sincere in building bridges.

But if they believe the perception that all Muslims should be held accountable for 9-11 is wrong........wouldn't giving in be reinforcing that misconception?

But if they believe the perception that all Muslims should be held accountable for 9-11 is wrong........wouldn't giving in be reinforcing that misconception?

No---it reinforces that they should display some of the sensitivity that they demand be given to them.

If this doesn't prove that this Mosque at this location is to show a sign of victory over the infidels then I don't know what does. The guy won't even meet with the Governor about a potential other site to build on.

It's not about building a Mosque, it's about declaring victory over the US... Period.

There is no reason not to at least listen to what the Governor has to say and anyone who supports this Imam needs to be checked out by the FBI or CIA.

Of course he rejects it. This Imam is on a mission to erect a monument to Radical Islams Victory on 9/11. It will not have the same effect built anywhere else, or called by another name.

All Germans and ovens aren't responsible for putting Jews in ovens in 1944.

But if General Electric wanted to build an oven factory across the street from Auschewitz, there'd be a problem. Agree?

All guns or gun owners aren't responsible for Virginia Tech, but building a gun store on campus would be wrong. Agree?

By acknowledging that this stokes emotion from their FELLOW COUNTRYMEN, they are fellow Americans, then these Muslims could make the statement that "Yes, we understand your emotion, and we believe all Muslims are not like that, and to show you that is true, we are going to voluntarily move this mosque to show we too appreciate the emotion and symbolism that this would create. We do not want to allow the 1% of radicals in our peaceful religion to use this well intended worship center to be used out of context for hate, such as how the KKK used the Christian cross for evil that it is not intended for, we shall not allow evil terrorists who misrepresent Islam to use this mosque as a symbol for their cause."

BUT.........they aren't doing that. By doing and saying the above, these peace loving Muslims could do more for US-Muslim relations than Obama could ever dream. But they aren't.

They could have at least met with the Governor. What harm could have come from that? Their decision was very disappointing.

oooo McCarthy era all over again!

But if General Electric wanted to build an oven factory across the street from Auschewitz, there'd be a problem. Agree?

All guns or gun owners aren't responsible for Virginia Tech, but building a gun store on campus would be wrong. Agree?

By acknowledging that this stokes emotion from their FELLOW COUNTRYMEN, they are fellow Americans, then these Muslims could make the statement that "Yes, we understand your emotion, and we believe all Muslims are not like that, and to show you that is true, we are going to voluntarily move this mosque to show we too appreciate the emotion and symbolism that this would create. We do not want to allow the 1% of radicals in our peaceful religion to use this well intended worship center to be used out of context for hate, such as how the KKK used the Christian cross for evil that it is not intended for, we shall not allow evil terrorists who misrepresent Islam to use this mosque as a symbol for their cause."

BUT.........they aren't doing that. By doing and saying the above, these peace loving Muslims could do more for US-Muslim relations than Obama could ever dream. But they aren't.

:cuckoo: nuff said

Evidence of Cordoba House Representatives buiding bridges:

"Amish saying stop Muslims? 1. What are you doing on the computer? 2. That's not very Amish 3. Shouldn't you be making butter?"

So.....you can't refute any points I made? I know that was almost an overdose of common sense, often fatal to the liberal being, but the liberal force is strong with you my friend, I expected more, at least one attempt to refute it.

So.....you can't refute any points I made? I know that was almost an overdose of common sense, often fatal to the liberal being, but the liberal force is strong with you my friend, I expected more, at least one attempt to refute it.

Some posts are not worth the effort. Let someone else slap you on the back and tell you how smart you are

Kind of hard to get a real true feel of how this is perceived by the majority of Americans when they are bombarded by things like this lie: "Muslim terrorist Imam builds Mosque at Ground zero!"

Forum List

Back