Moshe Dayan important Quote!

Freeman

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2009
I let you discuss over this important quote said by a zionazist veteran:

"We came to this country, which was already populated by Arabs, and we are establishing a Jewish state. Jewish villages were built in the place of the Arab villages. You don't even know the names of the Arab villages, because those geography books no longer exist. Not only the books do not exist, the Arab villages are not there either -- there is not one place built in this country that did not have a former Arab population. ( Moshe Dayan, Ha'aretz 1978)

D327-039_wa.jpg

Last edited:
ACTUAL QUOTE AND CONTEXT:

The quote is taken from an address Dayan gave to Technion University students on March 19, 1969. A transcript of the speech appeared in Ha'aretz on April 4, 1969.

In answer to a student's question suggesting that Israel adopt a policy of punishing Arabs who commit crimes in the West Bank by deportation to Jordan, Dayan answers that he is vehemently opposed to this idea, insisting that the answer to the longstanding Arab-Israeli problem is to learn to live together with Arab neighbors. He goes on to say:

We came to a region of land that was inhabited by Arabs, and we set up a Jewish state. In a considerable number of places, we purchased the land from Arabs and set up Jewish villages where there had once been Arab villages. You don't even know the names [of the previous Arab villages] and I don't blame you, because those geography books aren't around anymore. Not only the books, the villages aren't around. Nahalal was established in the place of Mahalul, and Gvat was established in the place of Jibta, Sarid in the place of Huneifis and Kfar Yehoshua in the place of Tel Shaman. There isn't any place that was established in an area where there had not at one time been an Arab settlement.

Dayan's conclusion was that the solution to the Arab-Israeli problem is to learn to coexist with them.
and thats the truth
http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_context=7&x_issue=21&x_article=371

Last edited:
ACTUAL QUOTE AND CONTEXT:

The quote is taken from an address Dayan gave to Technion University students on March 19, 1969. A transcript of the speech appeared in Ha'aretz on April 4, 1969.

In answer to a student's question suggesting that Israel adopt a policy of punishing Arabs who commit crimes in the West Bank by deportation to Jordan, Dayan answers that he is vehemently opposed to this idea, insisting that the answer to the longstanding Arab-Israeli problem is to learn to live together with Arab neighbors. He goes on to say:

We came to a region of land that was inhabited by Arabs, and we set up a Jewish state. In a considerable number of places, we purchased the land from Arabs and set up Jewish villages where there had once been Arab villages. You don't even know the names [of the previous Arab villages] and I don't blame you, because those geography books aren't around anymore. Not only the books, the villages aren't around. Nahalal was established in the place of Mahalul, and Gvat was established in the place of Jibta, Sarid in the place of Huneifis and Kfar Yehoshua in the place of Tel Shaman. There isn't any place that was established in an area where there had not at one time been an Arab settlement.

Dayan's conclusion was that the solution to the Arab-Israeli problem is to learn to coexist with them.
and thats the truth
CAMERA: Zionist Misquote: Moshe Dayan on Dispossessing Arabs in the Land of Israel

The truth is you're an illiterate moron. LOL
http://www.usmessageboard.com/2210962-post18.html

Freeman needs to check things out for himself before parroting someone else's 'issues' with Israelis.
This quote was taken from a speech given by Dayan at Technion University on April 4, 1969, a transcript of which did indeed appear in the Israeli daily Ha'aretz. During that speech, a student suggested that Israeli adopt a policy of deporting Arabs who commit crimes in the recently occupied West Bank to Jordan, a policy Dayan vehemently rejected reiterating his commitment to Israel's long policy of trying to live in peace with it's Arab neighbors. Needless to say, this context of accommodation and rejecting deportation has been completely omitted whenever the quote above has circulated through the anti-Israel propaganda community. Also omitted is an important element of the actual quote which reads as follows:

"We came to a region of land that was inhabited by Arabs, and we set up a Jewish state. In a considerable number of places, we purchased the land from Arabs and set up Jewish villages where there had once been Arab villages. You don't even know the names..."​

And so a critical phrase regarding how these Arab villages came into the hands of Jews (through legitimate purchase rather than implied conquest) seems to have disappeared from the presentation of Dayan's quote. The reason for this extreme editing is obvious since it would point out the fact that much of the land allegedly "occupied" by Jews at the expense of Arabs was legitimately purchased, a historical fact Israel's critics would like to erase from history. For if the land was purchased and not conquered, if previous occupants sold their property and moved on, then by what law would they have a "right of return" to re-occupy property many sold of their own free will?
[Emphasis added] Quotes

the poor marc is caught like a rat :eusa_shifty:
:whip:

You have PWNED yourself with a fake quote.

yeah!, you have just to prove it...
what's wrong in the quote?

your quote was not complete and edited in such a way to make dayan look like just another discompassionate ashkenazi thug of the netanyahu gang when, in fact, he was one of the world's great philosopher generals, comparable to patton or eisenhower both as a tactician and a thinker.

the real quote shows a whole lot more depth of feeling and knowledge the way it originally appeared as opposed of the way it was chopped up for some piece that you improperly cited published 9 years later by a newspaper whose reputation lies somewhere between the national enquirer and the new york post.

Freeman needs to check things out for himself before parroting someone else's 'issues' with Israelis.
This quote was taken from a speech given by Dayan at Technion University on April 4, 1969, a transcript of which did indeed appear in the Israeli daily Ha'aretz. During that speech, a student suggested that Israeli adopt a policy of deporting Arabs who commit crimes in the recently occupied West Bank to Jordan, a policy Dayan vehemently rejected reiterating his commitment to Israel's long policy of trying to live in peace with it's Arab neighbors. Needless to say, this context of accommodation and rejecting deportation has been completely omitted whenever the quote above has circulated through the anti-Israel propaganda community. Also omitted is an important element of the actual quote which reads as follows:

"We came to a region of land that was inhabited by Arabs, and we set up a Jewish state. In a considerable number of places, we purchased the land from Arabs and set up Jewish villages where there had once been Arab villages. You don't even know the names..."​

And so a critical phrase regarding how these Arab villages came into the hands of Jews (through legitimate purchase rather than implied conquest) seems to have disappeared from the presentation of Dayan's quote. The reason for this extreme editing is obvious since it would point out the fact that much of the land allegedly "occupied" by Jews at the expense of Arabs was legitimately purchased, a historical fact Israel's critics would like to erase from history. For if the land was purchased and not conquered, if previous occupants sold their property and moved on, then by what law would they have a "right of return" to re-occupy property many sold of their own free will?
[Emphasis added] Quotes

there is absolutely no contradiction with the rest of quote, your site itself confirms that quote:
"This quote was taken from a speech given by Dayan at Technion University on April 4, 1969, a transcript of which did indeed appear in the Israeli daily Ha'aretz"
the rest
"Nahalal was established in place of Mahalul, Gevat in place of Jibta, Sarid in the place of Hanifas and Kafr Yehoushua in the place of Tel Shamam. There is not a single settlement that was not established in the place of a former Arab village.'"
"
!!

Another important quote:
"There is no more Palestine. Finished . . .

* As quoted in TIME Magazine (30 July 1973)

a colonisation

[Emphasis added] Quotes

there is absolutely no contradiction with the rest of quote, your site itself confirms that quote:
"This quote was taken from a speech given by Dayan at Technion University on April 4, 1969, a transcript of which did indeed appear in the Israeli daily Ha'aretz"
the rest
"Nahalal was established in place of Mahalul, Gevat in place of Jibta, Sarid in the place of Hanifas and Kafr Yehoushua in the place of Tel Shamam. There is not a single settlement that was not established in the place of a former Arab village.'"
"
!!

I don't know if you are stupid or if you take me as stupid. Either way, it doesn't really matter (although the latter is a foolhardy assumption, regardless of whether it is me or another). Your quote is wrong. And it's out of context.

Your quote means nothing, except that your posting it is lazy and/or dishonest.

Nothing else really to discuss.

Last edited:
Freeman needs to check things out for himself before parroting someone else's 'issues' with Israelis.[Emphasis added] Quotes

the rest
"
!!

I don't know if you are stupid or if you take me as stupid. Either way, it doesn't really matter (although the latter is a foolhardy assumption, regardless of whether it is me or another). Your quote is wrong. And it's out of context.

hey, at least he responded to you. i wonder if he has ever been in the region? there's hardly anywhere you can go where there wasn't earlier settlements were replaced by later settlements.

i just put my two coppers and fecal smelling opinion in here because i felt moshe dayan was being wrongfully disrespected and implicated in policies he opposed.

the rest
"
!!

hey, at least he responded to you. i wonder if he has ever been in the region? there's hardly anywhere you can go where there wasn't earlier settlements were replaced by later settlements.

i just put my two coppers and fecal smelling opinion in here because i felt moshe dayan was being wrongfully disrespected and implicated in policies he opposed.

Yes, agreed. Clearly the BS detector was firing considering that it wasn't Dayan's style at all.

Freeman needs to check things out for himself before parroting someone else's 'issues' with Israelis.[Emphasis added] Quotes

the rest
"
!!

your dishonesty is to not finish the entire quote when he answered!

"Black"]Nahalal was established in place of Mahalul, Gevat in place of Jibta, Sarid in the place of Hanifas and Kafr Yehoushua in the place of Tel Shamam. There is not a single settlement that was not established in the place of a former Arab village.

the rest
"
!!

"Black"]Nahalal was established in place of Mahalul, Gevat in place of Jibta, Sarid in the place of Hanifas and Kafr Yehoushua in the place of Tel Shamam. There is not a single settlement that was not established in the place of a former Arab village.

But, as I have demonstrated, repeatedly, your knowledge of Middle East affairs is less than zero, so you're irrelevant.

You are suffering from a combination of clinical depression and paranoid schizophrenia and should seek mental counseling, rather than posting on the internet.

But, as I have demonstrated, repeatedly, your knowledge of Middle East affairs is less than zero, so you're irrelevant.

You are suffering from a combination of clinical depression and paranoid schizophrenia and should seek mental counseling, rather than posting on the internet.

Who is the moron zero who said that this quote was "fabricated"?, and human trafficking is forbidden by law in "issrael"? and there is no agreement about a palestinian state with british?...etc

you are a joke!; i have pity for you.

make love with your rabbi and don't make war :eusa_pray:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back