Mortgage Lenders Bad, Student Loans Good

Yeah, ain't that the truth?

When I was young, we had different people taking care of the kids. I forget what we called them back then.........let me think........OH YES, we called them parents.

Parents can't hardly afford their kids education either. That's why we're in this mess. Personally, I have no problem with government funding education. As far as I'm concerned it's a fundamental function of government. We're already spending ever increasing amounts of money on education. My problem is that we're spending it ineffectively. We're half assing half the funding, and only fully funding programs that are nothing more than happy feel-good bullshit.

I say that we get rid of the happy feel-good bullshit, get back to funding education that actually educates, and save money by having a better educated and trained workforce that doesn't eat up a bunch of welfare dollars.

Where does the government get the money?

Oh, it forcibly takes it from the parents, whether the education is worth it or not.

Yeah, this is a really smart way to solve issues.

No. See, the problem is that you don't actually comprehend the matter at hand. You're trying to force it into the limits of your own ignorance, and attempting to reduce it to something that is in fact nonsense.

No, YOU don't understand the matter at hand, even though it's extremely simple. When prices go up, quantity demanded decreases. Please, provide me with an argument why this wouldn't be so right now. Why would people demand more if a price increased, where are these mythical people? Please tell me so I can go sell them products at extremely high prices... Holy hell... It's absolutely a testament to human idiocy that you STILL don't understand this after ~10 pages!!!

Last edited:

When I was young, we had different people taking care of the kids. I forget what we called them back then.........let me think........OH YES, we called them parents.

Parents can't hardly afford their kids education either. That's why we're in this mess. Personally, I have no problem with government funding education. As far as I'm concerned it's a fundamental function of government. We're already spending ever increasing amounts of money on education. My problem is that we're spending it ineffectively. We're half assing half the funding, and only fully funding programs that are nothing more than happy feel-good bullshit.

I say that we get rid of the happy feel-good bullshit, get back to funding education that actually educates, and save money by having a better educated and trained workforce that doesn't eat up a bunch of welfare dollars.

Oh, it forcibly takes it from the parents, whether the education is worth it or not.

No. See, the problem is that you don't actually comprehend the matter at hand. You're trying to force it into the limits of your own ignorance, and attempting to reduce it to something that is in fact nonsense.

No, YOU don't understand the matter at hand, even though it's extremely simple. When prices go up, quantity demand decreases. Please, provide me with an argument why this wouldn't be so right now. Why would people demand more if prices increased, where are these mythical people? Please tell me so I can go sell them products at extremely high prices... Holy hell... It's absolutely a testament to human idiocy that you STILL don't understand this after ~10 pages!!!

You're like a blind running back. Searching for the end zone, no idea that you've wandered into an ice skating rink.

Student loans are expensive.

In the 2+2=5 Bizzaroland of Liberals we learn that having adult sign on for more home they can afford is evil and merits the death penalty but having young people just starting out in the world taking on more debt than they need to buy a starter home is, well, you tell me

Predatory lending is any lending practice that imposes unfair or abusive loan terms on a borrower. It is also any practice that convinces a borrower to accept unfair terms through deceptive, coercive, exploitative or unscrupulous actions for a loan that a borrower doesn't need, doesn't want or can't afford.

Obama is a Predatory Lender, right?

student-loans.jpg

As usual, WRONG. This OP is one more example of hackery and bias by the creator of the Idiot-Gram genre. Of course it may appeal to like minded bigots, racists, the biddable and the brainwashed.

Risking an attack for the use of an appeal to authority we need to consider the words of Thomas Jefferson who, in a letter to Elbridge Gerry on Jan. 26, 1799 wrote, "Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies".

Everyone with a clear head and an open mind knows that the culpable party for the crash of housing in America was not the Republican Party Leaders nor the Democratic Party Leaders but brokers - those individuals in institutions not bound by the ethos of a fiduciary who brokered deals sure to fail and sold them in bundles to other less savvy.

Thus I must once again remind the reader that CrusaderFrank is member of the right wing fringe within Trolls We Is Together (TWIST). The goal of TWISTers is too spin every negative event a creation of Communists, who hide in our society pretending to be Democrats, progressives, liberals, and Republicans in name only. The sad thing about this is many who echo such obvious lies actually believe them, echo them and exacerbate an already divided nation.

This poster/post just oozes of regression. Yeah, sure it was only the brokers who were responsible for the bubble. Despite a government institution (Freddy n' Fenny) being right in the middle of the crash. Despite by all accounts the government being massively involved in the creation of the bubble. What was the political agenda of the day again? "Every american should own a home (or two)". Yeah, this obviously had nothing to do with it, it was all because of the profit hungry evil brokers! They were so cunningly evil that almost no politician saw it coming, and instead generally CHEERED for the rising home prices, giving these evil profit salivating institutions all sorts of benefits in order to attain their Marxist goals of homes for all. Oh, the evil brokers...

Here is one evil broker who laid out how the government played a significant role in the creation of the bubble, before it burst. Bit of a TWIST, huh?

The truth is, it was a classic bubble, massively sponsored by your mythical saint party leaders. Only a complete tool could believe it was all the evil brokers, when the party leaders were massively sponsoring those same brokers!

Do you know the difference between a broker and a fiduciary?

I thought not.

No, YOU don't understand the matter at hand, even though it's extremely simple. When prices go up, quantity demand decreases. Please, provide me with an argument why this wouldn't be so right now. Why would people demand more if prices increased, where are these mythical people? Please tell me so I can go sell them products at extremely high prices... Holy hell... It's absolutely a testament to human idiocy that you STILL don't understand this after ~10 pages!!!

You're like a blind running back. Searching for the end zone, no idea that you've wandered into an ice skating rink.

Honestly, you must be the dumbest individual I have ever discussed with... or the most indoctrinated. I don't know which. Expensiveness has nothing to do with the issue... try again.

And I can tell you that you are wrong with 100% certainty. Indeed, 100%! That's how certain I am. Generally price increases lead to less quantity demanded... to say otherwise would be completely retarded. /FACT

Honestly, you must be the dumbest individual I have ever discussed with... or the most indoctrinated. I don't know which. Expensiveness has nothing to do with the issue... try again.

And I can tell you that you are wrong with 100% certainty. Indeed, 100%! That's how certain I am. Indeed, generally price increases lead to less quantity demanded... to say otherwise would be completely retarded.

:slap:

Frank's usually "Obama Shot My Dog" posting aside, there are some valid issues here.

The first is that because our business world has made a college degree a requisite for making anything near a living a wage, then it should be accessible to everyone.

The problem is, of course, is that we really don't need a college degree for most jobs. Business wants bachelor's degrees because HS Diplomas have become meaningless.
High school diplomas are worthless because the left has destroyed public education.

Now Joey go back to watching Fat Mike's great movies.

Public education is NOT about educating. It is about racketeering...government protects teachers unions and in turn the D party gets tons of campaign donations. Win/win.

Just exactly how has the left destroyed public education? Are colleges now only accepting private and home school students?

I hate it when so-called conservatives go stone-cold stupid on an issue they know nothing about and just repeat the talking points provided by people who make their living by bashing public schools.
Apparently you are unaware that the Left has controlled public education for decades and during this time, what has occurred? Test scores are way down...a very high percentage of HS graduates can't find their ass with both hands. Yet, you think all is wonderful.

Where do you get those drugs that make you happy, no matter what is occurring around you?

Correct, parents cannot afford 250K for their kid to be a doctor. That's why I tell all young folks ready to start a family to have the money ready for the day they name their child. Start a college fund before you even change the first diaper. A conservative growth fund (much like an IRA) is the best gift you can give that baby. Small contributions will add up through the years and even if not amount to fully fund college, it will get them the first couple of years. The problem is this is something most parents do not think about, but they should.

And because most parents to not properly plan, that should not be the problem of the taxpayers. Throughout a child's life, we taxpayers give those kids (that are not ours) a ton of our money. It's about time the parents do the same for their own.

Common Core and No Child Left behind were wonderful Republican ideas. How come you guys take no responsibility for your part in the mess?

I knew Bush was a lying scumbag as soon as he passed the chance to not only dismantle public education but let that fat fucking murderer Kennedy write the No Child Left Behind Bill

Just how on God's green earth do you envisions "dismantling public education"? Are you that looney tunes?

How? Vouchers

Are you proud of your Democrat educational system where 80% of the "graduates" can't function at grade level

Do you have a link to this fantasy of yours?

Vouchers are an epic failure because people do not support them. Every voucher initiative that was left up to the people has been voted down by referendum. Those instituted without public consent are ineffective and wasteful.

What's a "Fantasy"? That Democrat Education is a Planned Failure?

Yeah, that one!

High school diplomas are worthless because the left has destroyed public education.

Really? Who were the ones who insisted on expunging all references to Evolution from the science books?

Right wingers.

Who insisted on cutting funding to education?

Right wingers.

There's plenty of blame to go around.

Who insisted on medicating the shit out of kids with Ritalin?

Rightwingers

Public education is NOT about educating. It is about racketeering...government protects teachers unions and in turn the D party gets tons of campaign donations. Win/win.

again, if you ever got any education, it was a wasted effort.

There are a lot of problems with education. Part of it is because with the parents working four jobs, no one is making sure that kids are doing their homework.
When my children were born, I vowed that they would NEVER walks the halls of a p-school. They never did.

I did not want them turning out like you. A statist loving dunce.

I've got my daughter in private school and I've vowed that she'll never step into a public school.

Good for you! Now, don't ever complain about school choice. You made your choice.

Yes, I've made my choice and still will complain about school choice.

Yes, you have a right to be a hypocrite and be called on it.

Frank's usually "Obama Shot My Dog" posting aside, there are some valid issues here.

The first is that because our business world has made a college degree a requisite for making anything near a living a wage, then it should be accessible to everyone.

The problem is, of course, is that we really don't need a college degree for most jobs. Business wants bachelor's degrees because HS Diplomas have become meaningless.

Just exactly how has the left destroyed public education? Are colleges now only accepting private and home school students?

I hate it when so-called conservatives go stone-cold stupid on an issue they know nothing about and just repeat the talking points provided by people who make their living by bashing public schools.
Apparently you are unaware that the Left has controlled public education for decades and during this time, what has occurred? Test scores are way down...a very high percentage of HS graduates can't find their ass with both hands. Yet, you think all is wonderful.

Where do you get those drugs that make you happy, no matter what is occurring around you?

The left has NOT controlled education in decades. Where are your links to these scores that are down? Where si your link documenting this high percentage of HS graduates can't find their ass?

The reason you have all this wrong is that you can't find your own ass with both hands if it did not exist.

The left has NOT controlled education in decades. Where are your links to these scores that are down? Where si your link documenting this high percentage of HS graduates can't find their ass?

The reason you have all this wrong is that you can't find your own ass with both hands if it did not exist.
If you don't know the Left has controlled p-education from kindergarten to PhD for decades, you don't know much.

Leftists...ugh...they are so uninformed.

Here is a great book for you, but I know you won't read it.

51UW2261-UL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

If you don't know the Left has controlled p-education from kindergarten to PhD for decades, you don't know much.

Typical education basher response! You are saying, "I got nothin!"

Why not admit you are blowing smoke and do not have anything to support your idiocy?

Why not admit you are blowing smoke and do not have anything to support your idiocy?
Read the book...then get back to me.

I can't educate you. You have to do that.

If you know how to use Google, search this:

"liberalism controls public education"

Read the book...then get back to me.

I can't educate you. You have to do that.

If you know how to use Google, search this:

"liberalism controls public education"

Why? So I can read a bunch of idiotic commentary by education bashers who haven't darkened a classroom door since they were kicked out of middle school at age 18?

Why can't you answer the simple questions I provided? You back-pedal like an NFL cornerback!

Forum List

Back