Morsi: I want the US to free the Blind Sheikh

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
Morsi: I want the US to free the Blind Sheikh​

By Ed Morrissey
01/08/2013

Now that Egypt's Mohamed Morsi has settled the constitutional issues facing his country, he can turn his attention to the truly pressing problems of the Arab Spring state. Would that be religious tolerance, economic growth, and the pursuit of peace in the region? Er ... not exactly. In an exclusive interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer last night, Morsi urged Barack Obama to free Omar Abdel-Rahman, better known as the Blind Sheikh, currently serving a life sentence in a maximum-security federal prison in North Carolina for his involvement in the 1993 attack on the World Trade Center.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Morsi: I want the US to free the Blind Sheikh « Hot Air

omar_rahman-300x3002.jpg

The Blind Sheik and Our Mute President

January 10, 2013
By Michelle Malkin

Egypt’s terror-coddling President Mohamed Morsi has repeated his arrogant demand that America free convicted 1993 World Trade Center mastermind Omar Abdel-Rahman. I’d like to report that President Obama repeated his unequivocal rejection of the Muslim Brotherhood leader’s entreaties. But as of this writing, no such public statement or restatement yet exists.

That’s right. Obama has kept mum about Morsi’s vociferous lobbying on behalf of Abdel-Rahman, the “blind sheik,” who is serving a life sentence at a maximum-security prison in North Carolina for seditious jihad conspiracy. The commander in chief’s silence speaks volumes.

The Blind Sheik and Our Mute President

Well if the Brotherhood wants it, could a presidential commutation be far behind? After all, Maobama said he would stand with the Muslims.

Forum List

Back