Morons have THREE DAYS to either be prepared for or escape from Florence

people in katrina from the 9th ward had no transportation....the mayor acted a fool and people died
There were hundreds of buses parked outside the sports complex and people refused to leave. They had over a week to pack their shit and the Governor shirked his responsibility as well as the Mayor.

BULLSHIT Hoss. I for one hadn't even heard of Katrina until Saturday afternoon, less than 36 hours before it made landfall. "Had a week" my ASS. Katrina didn't even exist, not even as a tropical depression, "a week" before.

Moreover there was no "sports complex", if you mean the Stupordome there were nowhere near "hundreds of buses", people did NOT "refuse to leave", and the Governor was a SHE.

Cram this fantasy horseshit revisionism right back up your ass. :fu:

why do you think nc coast wont head inland...to quote our governors...we know how to deal with this....the outer banks are getting out tourist have to leave first then everyone else...like any other natural disaster people are prepared for it....i dread what is going to happen to the outer banks....ocracoke may take a hit...and wilmington...the forecasters are gathering in wilmington and the coast...
Why didnt Louisianas residents go inland? And don't fail by saying BECAUSE BUSH.

Most of the damage there had to do with the breaking of levees and the resulting floods.
All of the deaths had to do with local political decisions or morons who wanted to RIDE IT OUT

Bullshit. Talk to me when you come from the actual experience rather than reading Drudge sitting on your ass in Kansas City.
Go fuck yourself...

Better yet grab a broken broomstick and join candycorn

I don't want to hear a damn word about Trump. You fools have been warned nearly a week in advance.

Get the fuck in inland and leave your politics on the shore.
Good strategy. A pre-emptive dismissal of Trump leaving American citizens to suffer and die. Most of it will be Trump country, so maybe this time I’ll be the one joking about the deaths and suffering instead of conservatives.
Your safety from the weather is not the presidents problem. Anyone who dies that isn't a comatose patient brought it on themselves.
I think you can be assured that some in the DNCMSM will criticize Trump, no matter what happens with Florence. It is the playbook.
Especially if Trump totally abandons them, and publicly attacks them as they suffer and die the way he did with Puerto Rico. Note that there was no significant criticism of how he handled Harvey's aftermath.
More fail.

Boatloads of containers sat and sat until the food was rotten. Distribution of donated goods is not a federal job.

You fucking leftists even need someone to wipe your asses you're so incompetent

Generally FEMA supplies are not considered donations…. tax money paid for them.
Almost all FEMA consumables are non-perishable
As for “boatloads” of rotten food…I find it hard to believe that the official response included perishable stores combined with no internal distribution strategy; both of which are under the FEMA purview.

people in katrina from the 9th ward had no transportation....the mayor acted a fool and people died
There were hundreds of buses parked outside the sports complex and people refused to leave. They had over a week to pack their shit and the Governor shirked his responsibility as well as the Mayor.

Actually, the Governor was a she. But, I digress. The system was of poor design. All the pumping stations were not located at the entrance of lake Pontchartrain, they were further back allowing storm surge to enter the canals, thus collapsing the levees. They have been since been moved to not allow storm surge to enter the canals.

Buses in a parking lot waiting to pick up passengers who wouldn't leave The Big Easy before Katrina hit. They made a bad choice.

920x1240.jpg

Good strategy. A pre-emptive dismissal of Trump leaving American citizens to suffer and die. Most of it will be Trump country, so maybe this time I’ll be the one joking about the deaths and suffering instead of conservatives.
Your safety from the weather is not the presidents problem. Anyone who dies that isn't a comatose patient brought it on themselves.
I think you can be assured that some in the DNCMSM will criticize Trump, no matter what happens with Florence. It is the playbook.
Especially if Trump totally abandons them, and publicly attacks them as they suffer and die the way he did with Puerto Rico. Note that there was no significant criticism of how he handled Harvey's aftermath.
More fail.

Boatloads of containers sat and sat until the food was rotten. Distribution of donated goods is not a federal job.

Generally FEMA supplies are not considered donations…. tax money paid for them.
Almost all FEMA consumables are non-perishable
As for “boatloads” of rotten food…I find it hard to believe that the official response included perishable stores combined with no internal distribution strategy; both of which are under the FEMA purview.

It was all MRE's... that shit lasts forever. Hell, I still have some and it is still good.

why do you think nc coast wont head inland...to quote our governors...we know how to deal with this....the outer banks are getting out tourist have to leave first then everyone else...like any other natural disaster people are prepared for it....i dread what is going to happen to the outer banks....ocracoke may take a hit...and wilmington...the forecasters are gathering in wilmington and the coast...
Why didnt Louisianas residents go inland? And don't fail by saying BECAUSE BUSH.

Most of the damage there had to do with the breaking of levees and the resulting floods.
All of the deaths had to do with local political decisions or morons who wanted to RIDE IT OUT

The levees not being up to code and failing was not because of local political decisions.
Army Corp of Engineers

Yep. That was resolved in Court.

The whole mid-atlantic area is gonna get humped by this one.

Think there's two more coming behind it, too.

I hope the Trump administration doesn't treat white people in the Carolinas the way his administration treated the people that live in Puerto Rico.

Bullshit. Talk to me when you come from the actual experience rather than reading Drudge sitting on your ass in Kansas City.

Those who have never been through a mass evacuation are experts on it…dontchaknow? I will say that since AMTRAK is essentially a ward of the federal government; it would certainly seem as though the Feds could send dozens and dozens of train cars to these areas and help with the evacuation. The tracks go to major cities out of the hurricane zone. The cars are built for conveying hundreds and hundreds of people over long distances. And unlike roads, the rails are not subject to traffic, wrecks, etc…

Buses in a parking lot waiting to pick up passengers who wouldn't leave The Big Easy before Katrina hit. They made a bad choice.

920x1240.jpg

FUCK YOU, lying asshole. Those are school buses, probably out in Metairie, in their own parking lot. They weren't "waiting" for anyone. They weren't even RUNNING.

Come back when you figure out some facts that you didn't just yank out of your lower intestine, LIAR.

I don't want to hear a damn word about Trump. You fools have been warned nearly a week in advance.

Get the fuck in inland and leave your politics on the shore.
More fail.

Sure it is. Locals do not have the high water vehicles and helicopters other than the National Guard and the Guard has limitations without Federal (DoD) back-up.

I've left from storms, and I've stayed...........But I'm further inland and not in a flood plain...........If you are in a flood plain then get out soon.......as if you wait til the last minute then the roads are packed..........and there are no places to stay.........and of course.........hotels raise the rates.....LOL

Some I've known ran and ended up stuck on the interstate and road out the storm in the vehicle...........yippie.

It's not as cut and dry as it seems.
You have a weeks advance notice. It doesn't get anymore cut and dry than that. You could walk out for fuck sake. No excuses
Flood zone .......yep.............not a cat 5 and I don't run anymore........

Been through a bunch of storms............still here.

Those who have never been through a mass evacuation are experts on it…dontchaknow? I will say that since AMTRAK is essentially a ward of the federal government; it would certainly seem as though the Feds could send dozens and dozens of train cars to these areas and help with the evacuation. The tracks go to major cities out of the hurricane zone. The cars are built for conveying hundreds and hundreds of people over long distances. And unlike roads, the rails are not subject to traffic, wrecks, etc…

That might be a partial plan ---- if passenger trains were still a thing. There's plenty of track laid, but when I wanted to travel from here without driving (to pick up a car) I had to hire a driver to take me about 120 miles to get to a railroad station to go anywhere. Couldn't even get on the rails in Asheville, which is at least a small city.

Amtrak goes to big cities, which don't really exist on the shoreline around here.

The levees not being up to code and failing was not because of local political decisions.
Mother Nature is a bad bitch........you can plan for the worst and still get body slammed.............You can't engineer everything in the path of a storm like Katrina..............It's as wicked as it gets.

That might be a partial plan ---- if passenger trains were still a thing. There's plenty of track laid, but when I wanted to travel from here without driving (to pick up a car) I had to hire a driver to take me about 120 miles to get to a railroad station to go anywhere.

Well, you know, those ''government roads'' kill any incentive for people to expand mass transit infrastructure. Heh heh...

920x1240.jpg

FUCK YOU, lying asshole. Those are school buses, probably out in Metairie, in their own parking lot. They weren't "waiting" for anyone. They weren't even RUNNING.

Come back when you figure out some facts that you didn't just yank out of your lower intestine, LIAR.

They were not in Metairie, yet substantial speculation lies as to how many actually ran.

Forum List

Back