Moron "dis-invites" idiot

Merlin1047

Mar 28, 2004
AL
This outrageous fool was invited to speak on another topic. But Hamilton College President Joan Hinde Stewart requested that he present his idiotic diatribe condemning the VICTIMS of the attacks on Sep 11.

What the hell is happening in our institutions of higher education? And why are taxpayers supporting damn fools like Hinde Stewart?
=================================================

http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050201/NEWS01/50201001

New York college cancels appearance by CU professor who compared 9/11 victims to Nazis

By William Kates
The Associated Press

SYRACUSE, N.Y. — Citing death threats, an upstate New York college on Tuesday canceled a panel discussion featuring a professor who compared the World Trade Center victims to Nazis.

Hamilton College spokesman Michael DeBraggio said multiple death threats were made against both college officials and guest speaker Ward Churchill, who resigned Monday as chairman of the ethnic studies department at the University of Colorado.

In an essay written in the aftermath of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, Churchill said the World Trade Center victims were “little Eichmanns,” a reference to Adolf Eichmann, who organized Nazi plans to exterminate Europe’s Jews. Churchill also spoke of the “gallant sacrifices” of the “combat teams” that struck America.

The essay attracted little attention until Churchill was invited to speak Thursday at Hamilton College, about 40 miles east of Syracuse, N.Y. Hundreds of relatives of Sept. 11 victims have protested the appearance.

Administrators at first moved the scheduled appearance to a building that can seat 2,000, instead of the originally planned 300.

Hamilton College President Joan Hinde Stewart had said the college was committed to free speech, “however repugnant one might find Mr. Churchill’s remarks.” (The lying bitch is trying to protect her sorry butt. She is the one responsible for Churchill's intended presentation)

On Tuesday, however, Stewart sent an e-mail to students, faculty and staff saying the college had a “higher responsibility ... and that is the safety and security” of the campus community. She said the threats were “credible” and had been turned over to police.

Despite resigning as department chair, Churchill will retain his teaching job.

Colorado Gov. Bill Owens called on Churchill to resign his faculty position too, saying taxpayers shouldn’t have to subsidize his “outrageous and insupportable” views. (Resign, hell. Isn't there anyone in Colorado with the balls to FIRE the bastard? He is, after all, being paid by the taxpayers.)

“If anyone could possibly be compared to the evildoers of Nazi Germany, it is the terrorists of the 21st century who have an equally repugnant disregard for human life,” Owens said in a letter to the university’s College Republicans released Tuesday.

Churchill did not immediately return telephone messages and e-mails from The Associated Press.

In an interview Monday with Denver station KCNC-TV, Churchill said he is not an advocate of violence, but that the attacks were a response to the way the United States treats people abroad.

“The overriding question that was being posed at the time was ‘why did this happen, why did they hate us so much,’ and my premise was when you do this to other people’s families and children, that is going to be a natural response,” he said.

I've been trying to bring up this subject in earlier threads. Living in Colorado we cannot help but be engulfed in news of this idiot.

I have heard some of his tapes that he sells and the things that he says leave me little choice but to believe he is a terrorist.

In one tape I heard him mock a student that proferred sabotage without death as an idea to deal with the evils of capitalism, this man mocked him about bringing justice to the "little Eichmanns" and that it could not be done through sabotage.

In another he specifically says that the attacks on 9/11 were "correct" and "right" and that in the future these people "must attack again" using the WMD of their choice.

We find out that his promotion of himself as a Native American is simply a falsehood. He even says he won an award for the Roosting of Chickens book but it really only received an honorary mention. Etc.

I see him losing his job due to lack of Academic acheivement as more information is coming out. I just wish he had come from some other college CU has dealt with a lot lately.

Merlin1047 said:
In an essay written in the aftermath of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, Churchill said the World Trade Center victims were “little Eichmanns,” a reference to Adolf Eichmann, who organized Nazi plans to exterminate Europe’s Jews. Churchill also spoke of the “gallant sacrifices” of the “combat teams” that struck America.

Uhmm... ...huh??

I'm surprised this guy has not been lynched yet... I could make him a nice hat from aluminum foil...

:tinfoil:

A

no1tovote4 said:
I've been trying to bring up this subject in earlier threads. Living in Colorado we cannot help but be engulfed in news of this idiot.

You certainly have my sympathy in having to put up with the likes of him up close and personal.

I just finished a cursory search and scanned some of Churchill's "work". The guy is nothing more than a self-aggrandizing bomb thrower. Another pseudo-intellectual without an ounce of common sense and totally devoid of any regard for the truth.

Another long-haired ass who makes me think that sometimes a late term abortion is justifiable. If we could only detect the gene that causes people to turn out like this.

no1tovote4 said:
In another he specifically says that the attacks on 9/11 were "correct" and "right" and that in the future these people "must attack again" using the WMD of their choice.

Now that's sedition. Definite grounds for firing his ass.

The problem is that those with the power to fire him are in the ignorant thrall of PCness and are dumbed down so much they don't even understand what this guy is really about.

ScreamingEagle said:
Now that's sedition. Definite grounds for firing his ass.

The problem is that those with the power to fire him are in the ignorant thrall of PCness and are dumbed down so much they don't even understand what this guy is really about.

Exactly. Isn't it illegal to preach that it is okay to kill others? And for what crime? In that essay it was simply working at a Investment Firm because they were capitalists. This guy really wants all Americans to be killed.

no1tovote4 said:
Exactly.In that essay it was simply working at a Investment Firm because they were capitalists. This guy really wants all Americans to be killed.

Free speech is one thing. Making statement like this while being paid by the taxpayer is quite another. Which forces me to ask again - Why is this idiot still working at CU? Seems that academia tolerates all kinds of stupidity - after all, it's not THEIR money, so why sweat it?

Somehow we need to get more control over universities so that we can start demanding an accounting of how money is spent and who stays on staff. I'm not suggesting repressive vigilanteism but if we're spending the money to support public universities, then it seems to me we have a right to demand competent management.

http://www.aimovement.org/moipr/churchill05.html

The American Indian Movement Grand Governing Council representing the National and International leadership of the American Indian Movement once again is vehemently and emphatically repudiating and condemning the outrageous statements made by academic literary and Indian fraud, Ward Churchill in relationship to the 9-11 tragedy in New York City that claimed thousands of innocent people’s lives.

Churchill’s statement that these people deserved what happened to them, and calling them little Eichmanns, comparing them to Nazi war criminal Adolf Eichmann, who implemented Adolf Hitler’s plan to exterminate European Jews and others, should be condemned by all.

The sorry part of this is Ward Churchill has fraudulently represented himself as an Indian, and a member of the American Indian Movement, a situation that has lifted him into the position of a lecturer on Indian activism. He has used the American Indian Movement’s chapter in Denver to attack the leadership of the official American Indian Movement with his misinformation and propaganda campaigns.

Ward Churchill has been masquerading as an Indian for years behind his dark glasses and beaded headband. He waves around an honorary membership card that at one time was issued to anyone by the Keetoowah Tribe of Oklahoma. Former President Bill Clinton and many others received these cards, but these cards do not qualify the holder a member of any tribe. He has deceitfully and treacherously fooled innocent and naïve Indian community members in Denver, Colorado, as well as many other people worldwide. Churchill does not represent, nor does he speak on behalf of the American Indian Movement.

New York’s Hamilton College Kirklands Project should be aware that in their search for truth and justice, the idea that they have hired a fraud to speak on Indian activism is in itself a betrayal of their goals.

Dennis J. Banks, Ojibwa Nation
Chairman of the Board
American Indian Movement
Phone: 218-654-5885

Nee Gon Nway Wee Dung, aka, Clyde H. Bellecourt, Ojibwa Nation
National Executive Director
American Indian Movement
Cell: 612-251-5836
Office: 612-724-3129

Well two thumbs up to these guys.

After looking at his web site, I was going to remark that Churchill looked awfully caucasian to me, but figured I'd just let that go. Apparently I was more right than I suspected.

:read: Damn Guys & Gals...I never heard of this guy...but he sounds like a good target to practice on...humm...I guess living in Nevada has it's positive side...I am glad I don't have to deal with the ilk of this person...go get em...
:piss2:

Merlin1047 said:
You certainly have my sympathy in having to put up with the likes of him up close and personal.

I just finished a cursory search and scanned some of Churchill's "work". The guy is nothing more than a self-aggrandizing bomb thrower. Another pseudo-intellectual without an ounce of common sense and totally devoid of any regard for the truth.

Another long-haired ass who makes me think that sometimes a late term abortion is justifiable. If we could only detect the gene that causes people to turn out like this.

I think a retroactive abortion may be appropriate here. Vacuum out the few brains the bastard has left!

Kathianne said:

Somebody got to this before I did. It isn't just AIM that is upset with him, there was a 4 hour radio show filled with Native Americans lambasting this guy for his claiming to be an American Indian. He also claims to have been at Wounded Knee, but wasn't. He claims to have been at Alcatraz, but wasn't. He claims to have been there when AIM took over the American Indian Bureau, but wasn't. All of these he used to bolster his claim to be an American Indian and become Professor of American Indian Studies at CU, he basically created the Ethnic Studies Department and became the head of it based on lies about his past and his accomplishments.

no1tovote4 said:
All of these he used to bolster his claim to be an American Indian and become Professor of American Indian Studies at CU, he basically created the Ethnic Studies Department and became the head of it based on lies about his past and his accomplishments.

O'Reilly is on his ass hot and heavy. I think his days are numbered.

I agree with Evan:

The Associated Press reports that the University of Colorado may be preparing to fire Ward Churchill, the controversial professor who compared those killed on September 11th to Nazis and said that they were not innocent victims.

We find these comments reprehensible. But we also believe that the best way to combat Professor Churchill is by opposing him with more speech. Creating an environment where tenured professors can be fired for controversial remarks is a dangerous precedent to set. Academic freedom provides a wide berth, and that’s by design. Sometimes, controversy is merely the result of childish, mean-spirited remarks, but it’s also true that many of mankind’s most brilliant thinkers aroused controversy in their day. If they’d been silenced because others were upset by what they had to say, then we’d all be poorer for it. To ensure that professors can safely pursue the most innovative thinking, academic freedom should be respected.

Shoddy scholarship–not a knack for generating controversy–is the primary reason Professor Churchill shouldn’t be holding his professor position. Still, the University of Colorado should have noticed that and acted when Churchill initially came up for tenure. Instead, low standards on the part of the university allowed him to gain tenure and even to chair a department. By giving Churchill tenure, the university made a tacit promise to stand behind him in the face of controversy. The university should respect that promise and protect his job.

We suspect the University of Colorado is acting not out of principle but a desire to quell a public relations disaster. If the university wants to make amends, hire a professor to do battle with Professor Churchill’s ideas. That is the way towards truth, not silencing voices we find disturbing.

-=d=- said:
I agree with Evan:

D I just can't buy the premise presented in the article.

Somehow academia has adopted the position that they can say and do any outrageous, even untrue and slanderous thing and that is somehow to be protected under the guise of "free thinking" or "academic freedom"

That's a load. We are all responsible for what we say. Yes, I think this idiot should be free to say what he chooses, I just don't think that when he does that as a representative of a university supported by the taxpayers, that we need to pay him for this bullshit.

If your employer found out that you were a liar and a fraud in regard to the qualifications you claimed to have in order to be hired, you'd be gone in an instant. You might even be prosecuted - depending on the job. If you go out as a representative of your employer and start making outrageous, inflammatory and insulting statements, you're gone. So if you and I are held to this standard, then why do you support the notion that some lying sleaze should be paid taxpayer money to behave in the manner that Churchill has behaved?

Teachers and professors are just like you and me - they're hired to do a job. And just like you and me, they should be fired when it becomes apparent that they are frauds or liars or just outrageous, incompetent idiots.

-=d=- said:
I agree with Evan:

That's fine, we CAN fire him for lying about his accomplishments and background though.

The man pretends to be Amercian Indian so he can become the new American Indian Studies professor and uses all the AIM activities that he was "part of" as part of this particular background. AIM says he isn't a native and wasn't at the places he has said he was.

Good enough reason to fire a Professor.

no1tovote4 said:
That's fine, we CAN fire him for lying about his accomplishments and background though.

The man pretends to be Amercian Indian so he can become the new American Indian Studies professor and uses all the AIM activities that he was "part of" as part of this particular background. AIM says he isn't a native and wasn't at the places he has said he was.

Good enough reason to fire a Professor.

What he says:

Ward Churchill
From a Native Son: Conquest and Colonization in the Americas

Ward Churchill (Keetoowah Band Cherokee) is one of the most outspoken of Native American activists and scholars in North America and a leading analyst of indigenous issues. He is a Professor of Ethnic Studies and Coordinator of American Indian Studies at the University of Colorado. Churchill serves as Associate Director of the Center for Studies of Ethnicity and Race in America at the institution. He is also co-director of the Colorado chapter of the American Indian Movement and vice chair of the American Indian Anti-Defamation Council.

Churchill’s many books include Marxism and Native Americans, Fantasies of the Master Race, Struggle for the Land, On the Justice of Roosting Chickens, From A Native Son, Critical Issues in Native North America, The COINTELPRO Papers, Indians R Us?, Agents of Repression, Since Predator Came, and A Little Matter of Genocide: Holocaust and Denial in the Americas.

In his lectures and numerous published works, Churchill explores the themes of genocide in the Americas, racism, historical and legal (re)interpretation of conquest and colonization, environmental destruction of Indian lands, government repression of political movements, literary and cinematic criticism, and indigenist alternatives to the status quo.

Churchill is also a past national spokesperson for the Leonard Peltier Defense Committee, has served as a delegate to the United Nations Working Group on Indigenous Populations (as a Justice/Rapporteur for the for the 1993 International People's Tribunal on the Rights of Indigenous Hawaiians), and as an advocate/prosecutor of the First Nations International Tribunal for the Chiefs of Ontario.

Forum List

Back