Morom church tell members to stop baptizing deceased holocaust survivers

your failing to see that the Mormon church could be in violation of the first amendment. since they are baptizing someone without their permission and making them part of their faith. maybe you need someone to explain the first amendment to you.
Oh, really? The surviving family members of Daniel Pearl gave the Mormons his corpse?

Really?

Or, Daniel Pearl really didn't die and they kidnapped him and forced him to be baptized, and THEN they sent him back to Pakistan to get his head chopped off?

Got any links?

(You DO realize that Daniel Pearl was not baptized, nor was his corpse, right? No, really, you know that, right?)
they use proxies, read the original link, it explains more.
Um, I KNOW they use proxies.

That's the fucking point.

Oh, really? The surviving family members of Daniel Pearl gave the Mormons his corpse?

Really?

Or, Daniel Pearl really didn't die and they kidnapped him and forced him to be baptized, and THEN they sent him back to Pakistan to get his head chopped off?

Got any links?

(You DO realize that Daniel Pearl was not baptized, nor was his corpse, right? No, really, you know that, right?)

so you dont find it a violation of your faith if another faith baptizes your dead family members? good to know. guess this debate is officially over.

if a person of one faith is violating another persons faith, that is not a violation of the first amendment?

1) Giving another person a choice is not violating their faith.
2) Only the government can violate the First Amendment. The First Amendment is a restriction on government interfering in religion.

so you dont find it a violation of your faith if another faith baptizes your dead family members? good to know. guess this debate is officially over.
Only, none of my dead family members, and no one's dead family members, or their corpses, are being baptized by Mormons.

Last edited:
if a person of one faith is violating another persons faith, that is not a violation of the first amendment?

2) Only the government can violate the First Amendment. The First Amendment is a restriction on government interfering in religion.
so if i see someone praying and i disagree with it, i can stop them and i dont violate the first amendment? awesome! every time i see someone praying i will interrupt them and tell them to do that some place else because it offends me. sweet! gotta love free speech!

i guess defamation is now protected under free speech.

Last edited:
so if i see someone praying and i disagree with it, i can stop them and i dont violate the first amendment? awesome! every time i see someone praying i will interrupt them and tell them to do that some place else because it offends me. sweet! gotta love free speech!

Are you a government official? If not, then of course you dont violate the First Amendment if you interupt them. You'd be a complete jerk, but it's not a violation of the First Amendment to be an a#*@##$.

And some defamation is protected under free speech for some reason. It's been so for years. What that has to do with this conversation is beyond me.

so you would be ok if the mormon church decided to baptize your dead relatives?

what if you were islamic? or jewish? or atheist? would you be just as comfortable with this occurring?

You really should pay more attention to things. you might learn something. The sky really is blue.
and the windbag is on ignore. thank for proving you really fit the definition of a windbag every time you post.

This from the guy that doesn't even know that Avatar is a Mormon.

You really should pay more attention to things. you might learn something. The sky really is blue.
and the windbag is on ignore. thank for proving you really fit the definition of a windbag every time you post.

I would suggest you get a thicker skin if you think QW said anything worth ignoring. you will meet many far worse on this board, and few better.

He is just upset because I don't buy into his erroneous explanation of how insurance works.

I bring this up to wonder if the government made a law against baptizing people who are not members of their own immediate family, would this be an over reach of government?
what if this was a member of your family and you disagreed with it?
Mormon church to warn members of proxy baptisms - CBS News
See, there is this really cool thing called the First Amendment. You should read it then ask someone with an IQ of at least 100 to explain it to you.

And, if that group wants to baptize some sort of thing they think represents a dead family member of mine, I don't give a shit. It's not my family member; it's not their corpse, either. It's something else that has nothing to do with me or my family member.

What the hell is wrong with you?

*making voodoo doll of Syphon so that I can irrigate and bandage wounds s/he received from being repeatedly and regularly pummeled with the Stupid Stick*
your failing to see that the Mormon church could be in violation of the first amendment. since they are baptizing someone without their permission and making them part of their faith. maybe you need someone to explain the first amendment to you.

They are kidnapping dead people and baptizing them against their will?

As both an atheist/agnostic, and someone who was raised Jewish and lost many family members in the Holocaust, I truly don't give a shit if someone "baptizes" them by proxy.

Anyone is welcome to baptize me by proxy, whenever they want.

I assure you that it's impossible for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or any other Church big our small, to violate the First Amendment. You see, the First Amendment restrains the government. And no Church is the government.

He really does think the world works the other way around, it is a result of him going to public schools controlled by teacher's unions.

I assure you that it's impossible for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or any other Church big our small, to violate the First Amendment. You see, the First Amendment restrains the government. And no Church is the government.

No.

Always has been.

No.

Had to quote so Syphon could read your post since he has you on ignore. :eusa_angel:

I bring this up to wonder if the government made a law against baptizing people who are not members of their own immediate family, would this be an over reach of government?

The govenrment making a law WOULD be an overreach.

This isn't a matter of law, it's a matter of taste. The Mormons just expose how crazy their beliefs are by doing this stuff.

Of course it would be an over reach. The government cannot tell any religion how to practice it's faith, unless said practice is unconstitutional or contrary to existing law. Santeria comes to mind.

Forum List

Back