Morom church tell members to stop baptizing deceased holocaust survivers

I wonder what the reaction would be if the Church of Satan of Latter Day Demons found a bunch of dead Mormons whom they determined needed to be "baptized" into the infernal and eternal after-life of hell and then they performed their little rituals to that effect?

• Banned
wow, not one single legitimate comment on this yet....

I used to baptize my cats. I fully expect to see every one of them in heaven!

I really couldn't care less. You have my permission to baptize me "by proxy" in donkey semen, dog shit, or any other disgusting substance you desire....

I bring this up to wonder if the government made a law against baptizing people who are not members of their own immediate family, would this be an over reach of government?
what if this was a member of your family and you disagreed with it?
Mormon church to warn members of proxy baptisms - CBS News

It's a religious practice that as far as I can tell doesn't break any laws or cause enough harm to create a compelling government interest in overriding the 1st amendment,

so, yes that would be an overreach.

Although it's kind of a catch 22 for the Mormons. If they claimed as a certainty that this practice did in fact alter the fate of a person's soul in the afterlife, then you could claim that they were doing something with serious impact on a person without the person's consent...

...then it could be banned. Leave it up to the Mormons to explain it.:lol:

I wonder what the reaction would be if the Church of Satan of Latter Day Demons found a bunch of dead Mormons whom they determined needed to be "baptized" into the infernal and eternal after-life of hell and then they performed their little rituals to that effect?

As their ordinances have absolutely no effect, it doesn't matter what they do.

But clearly the general concensus is Mormon ordinances do effect things. Which is odd, I mean I know my fellow Mormons would agree, but to have so many non-mormons agree is quite astonishing.

I bring this up to wonder if the government made a law against baptizing people who are not members of their own immediate family, would this be an over reach of government?

What if I disagreed with you breathing the same air I do, could I have the government tell you to stop breathing?

It's a religious practice that as far as I can tell doesn't break any laws or cause enough harm to create a compelling government interest in overriding the 1st amendment,

so, yes that would be an overreach.

Although it's kind of a catch 22 for the Mormons. If they claimed as a certainty that this practice did in fact alter the fate of a person's soul in the afterlife, then you could claim that they were doing something with serious impact on a person without the person's consent...

...then it could be banned. Leave it up to the Mormons to explain it.:lol:

Except that the person has every right to accept or reject it in the afterlife. Unless they consent, it's absolutely useless, but unless it's done for them, they have no choice to accept it.

Forum List

Back