Morning People

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010
You know who I am talking about. The bright eyed and bushy tailed people. The happy cheerful smiling ones in the morning. The ones who don't need wake up rituals to get going in the morning.

Do you love them or hate the and why? Are you one of them?

Definitely NOT a morning person. Every time someone say's good morning to me, my retort is, "there is no such thing as a good morning in my world." Others with a sleep disorder will know precisely what I'm talking about.

When I wake up in the morning, all I want to do is drink my coffee and listen to Fox News until I wake up. Enter the wife. Nearly every morning. She is talking 100 miles a minute and sounds like an auctioneer. It should be against the law for people to talk before 9:30 am.

Mr. Boe and I have arrived a state of detente in the mornings.

The cappuccino maker is plugged into a timer so it is ready to go when the alarm goes off. We each make our beverage of choice (double espresso for him; double cap for me) - and then retreat to separate corners of the house for an hour or so prior to engaging in any discussion.

Sometimes he is big sweetie and me makes my first cuppa brings it to me in bed. I love that. If he does that, then he can talk as much as he wants - for a bit.

While not awake until my 4th or 5th mug of coffee I'm not unpleasant. My favorite response to good morning is: good afternoon. Think positive.
Lately my response to good morning has been good night, and I mean it.

I need a pot of coffee and at least a half hour of total...blissful....silence.

I haven't broken any people in the morning in a long time, but I do always keep a spare alarm clock on hand. Chirpy morning people? That's what duct tape is for.

During the school year I stumble downstairs and pour myself a cup. No lights are allowed on, not even the tv. In the darky dark of winter I'll turn on a very low light so I don't spill the coffee all over the counter or trip over the cat. Getting the milk out of the fridge is brutal, my retinas burn with that damn light. No talking, no listening, just ssshhhh. Once that 16oz cup kicks in, half hour to 45 minutes, and I'm good to go.

Got a great summer routine. Set the alarm and get up around 7:30 or so, grab a cup and my book and head for the front porch. Kids are asleep, hubs is gone or getting ready for work, the world isn't making too much noise just yet. Heaven.

• Banned
LOL

OK... I hit the ground running, totally awake before the alarm goes off, regardless of the time. I don't need coffee to get moving.

I"m up and smiling and happy! Yep, I'm annoying that way.

LOL

OK... I hit the ground running, totally awake before the alarm goes off, regardless of the time. I don't need coffee to get moving.

You really should get that checked out. It's unnatural. :lol:

LOL

You really should get that checked out. It's unnatural. :lol:

LMAO! That is what everyone says! :lol: Oh come on its fun, and you sure can get a lot done in the mornings.

I was up today at 7:10 AM and out the door by 7:30 after feeding the cat. Went to the landfill and hand chucked about 4,000lbs of concrete pieces out of the trailer and returned home to eat, shower and go to work. Didn't really wake up til 10 as far as I'm concerned, so I have no idea if I'm a morning person or not.

Forum List

Back