Morning or Evening?

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
When do you prefer to run?

I prefer morning, but hate getting up earlier than the F***ing early I usually do. So, it usually ends up being evening.

As a matter of fact...

I only run if there's a doberman chasing me.

In the winter I like me to run at 5 am.. 15 degrees is optimal for me. In summer, 7 am. I prefer running in the winter. The snowbanks and fresh snow make it more enjoyable.

I get the rooster up here.....and i did run once.....to the truck....but it was raining....~S~

I prefer morning, but hate getting up earlier than the F***ing early I usually do. So, it usually ends up being evening.

As a matter of fact...

Not a runner, but I'm an avid walker and have been since my teens.

Morning, no question. I'm a morning lark....it's my natural body clock.

I hate running but i usually work out in the AM.

I get up around 4 30 AM and I'm usually working out by 5.

I hate running but i usually work out in the AM.

I get up around 4 30 AM and I'm usually working out by 5.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. With as much as I walk you would think I could cross over into running. Nope. I will run a quarter of a mile and think "THIS SUX. HATE IT"

People say just keep running you'll get over the hump. Nope. Still hate it won't do it

I like walking in the morning. But I don't run.

Look at the faces of the people walking, cycling, ect. They are smiling. Seeing a runner that is smiling is very rare.

Look at the faces of the people walking, cycling, ect. They are smiling. Seeing a runner that is smiling is very rare.

This is such a great point!

I love walking so much that most of the time I have a grin on my face. This is also because I use this time to listen to music and Spotify is either feeding me delightful new music or helping me find old music that I forgot about.

Really it's like a trifecta of wonderful: walking, music and morning. How can you not smile?

But you're right--runners are not really smiling and I don't know how you can listen to music with all that jostling going on.

This is such a great point!

I love walking so much that most of the time I have a grin on my face. This is also because I use this time to listen to music and Spotify is either feeding me delightful new music or helping me find old music that I forgot about.

Really it's like a trifecta of wonderful: walking, music and morning. How can you not smile?

But you're right--runners are not really smiling and I don't know how you can listen to music with all that jostling going on.

You burn the same calories walking 3 miles as you do running 3 miles

As a matter of fact...

Never. I'm the Navy I ran 7 miles a day. I would go at 4AM because it got hot as hell after the sun came up. There was also less traffic in the early AM.

As a matter of fact...
Evening winter, morning summer.
I have the opposite - I love wonderful summer evenings when you can wear t-shirts and shorts, lie on concrete structures, ride a skateboard, enjoy life. And winter evenings, when the sun rises, the snow begins to shine like a diamond. How I love life!

I use to run I walk now. I prefer mornings, due to work I have to walk in the evening.

-S

I usually exercise in the evening though I'm a morning person.

I don't run anymore. I stopped in my 30s. It was boring as hell. So I took up cycling.

I'm glad I gave it up. A few of my friends have had knee replacements. I am beginning to feel knee pain now. It's great exercise but it does a number on your body.

I like to walk. On Fridays, at my old place, I would walk to and from work, which was 3.5 miles each way. My new place is 10 miles from work, so I've started to walk home on Fridays. It's too far to go both ways, so I take a Lyft in.

Forum List

Back