Morning hike on the coast of Maine

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2009
Yuurmaam
This morning, the family and I took a hike up a hill in our town. The hill is part of a preserve and is covered with blueberry fields.

Only 10-15 minutes to the top with a great view of the ocean.

Enjoy.

xotoxi-albums-photos-to-share-picture476-dsc03221.jpg

xotoxi-albums-photos-to-share-picture477-dsc03234.jpg

xotoxi-albums-photos-to-share-picture478-dsc03249.jpg

xotoxi-albums-photos-to-share-picture479-dsc03252.jpg

xotoxi-albums-photos-to-share-picture480-dsc03273.jpg

xotoxi-albums-photos-to-share-picture481-dsc03292.jpg

xotoxi-albums-photos-to-share-picture482-dsc03327.jpg

xotoxi-albums-photos-to-share-picture483-dsc03328.jpg

Thanks! That was the most refreshing 3 minutes I've spent at USMB in a very long time!

This morning, the family and I took a hike up a hill in our town. The hill is part of a preserve and is covered with blueberry fields.

Only 10-15 minutes to the top with a great view of the ocean.

Enjoy.

That's beautiful! What's it like during the summer? Many mosquitos? Much rain? Is it a good place to have a summer home? Do you have many rednecks that listen to country music and date their sister?

What's it like during the summer?

Nice. This year it is rainier than normal.

Many mosquitos?

Fuck yes!

This year, yes.

Is it a good place to have a summer home?

Yes.

Do you have many rednecks that listen to country music and date their sister?

That's the norm.

I'm a mosquito magnet. Hmmm. I'll have to think about that. One of my sons doesn't have a problem with them and my Mexican neighbor doesn't either. Strange.

I just looked up the population statistics for Maine and it appears to be a predominantly white State. Have you ever seen a minority or do you keep them hidden? I just don't want any crosses burning in my yard, especially after I've resodded the lawn.

Vermont is even Whiter than Maine.

Right now we're having those Maine summer days that make we full time residents forget how bad the rest of the year is.

Those days came very late this year as we had about six weeks of continuous rain or overcast and it was cold as hell, too.

We need at least one month of perfect weather to make up for June's dismal days.

Seriously, this has been, thus far, the worst summer since I've been here/

I agree! 6 weeks of rain has put a damper on things, but man oh man it has been nice the past couple of days...I sure hope summer goes through september this year since we lost June to rain...

YES, Xsisted, maine is called "Vacation Land"....and it is a PERFECT place to have a SUMMER home....shoot, half the homes on the Coast are owned by those that live in other states for the winter!

The mosquitoes were bad this week imo, and heavier than normal at dawn and dusk, because of the excessive rain we have had and I am a mosquito and black fly magnet myself....buy some deep woods off, it works, I swear by it! :)

Maine is the kind of place where people with lots and LOTS of money buy Vacaction homes.

It's not a middle class kind of vacation place, really.

Nothing much happens here and then fall comes and all the retired multi-millionaires go to some other homes they have where the weather is still rather nice.

Maine is the kind of place where people with lots and LOTS of money buy Vacaction homes.

It's not a middle class kind of vacation place, really.

Nothing much happens here and then fall comes and all the retired multi-millionaires go to some other homes they have where the weather is still rather nice.

unless you are a naturalist and camper or hunter....

when i lived in massachusetts, there wasn't a neighbor on the street that didn't vacation in maine...some came for the hunting, some for the trails and woods and hills/mts to hike or atving or snow mobiling, some for the fishing and lakes, and others for the beaches. Matt and i have a friend from vermont whose sister and brother in law(both lawyers) own a summer home near kennebunkport and we vacationed for free there, every august....goose rocks beach, it was beautiful!

PLUS, bar harbor, Acadia national park, the only national park on the east coast i believe, draws a lot of middle class tourists, as it should, because it is stunning, it is so beautiful there!

YOU ARE RIGHT, on all the kazillionaires owning the Coastal/beach homes....lots of celebrities hiding away....politicians, rock stars, to movie stars, and doctors!

I agree! 6 weeks of rain has put a damper on things, but man oh man it has been nice the past couple of days...I sure hope summer goes through september this year since we lost June to rain...

YES, Xsisted, maine is called "Vacation Land"....and it is a PERFECT place to have a SUMMER home....shoot, half the homes on the Coast are owned by those that live in other states for the winter!

The mosquitoes were bad this week imo, and heavier than normal at dawn and dusk, because of the excessive rain we have had and I am a mosquito and black fly magnet myself....buy some deep woods off, it works, I swear by it! :)

I'll certainly visit before I buy, but I'm concerned about the mosquito population. We might just go with the mountains in Arizona, New Mexico or Colorado.

Were are the best places to visit in Maine during the summer?

I'll certainly visit before I buy, but I'm concerned about the mosquito population. We might just go with the mountains in Arizona, New Mexico or Colorado.

If you eschew mosquitos?

The coast. Better yet the islands.

Maine's mountain mosquitos have been know to carry off children and small pets.

I was lucky this June and missed all the nasty rain in New England. I was in beautiful sunny Italy!! But for anyone who is envious I will tell you the mosquitos in Florence are the most pernicious and cleverest in the world and combine that with the fact that Italians are still in the Stone Age when in comes to window screen technology, rest assured that my nights were not as delightful as my days.

If you eschew mosquitos?

When I lived in New Orleans, the mosquitos were big enough to chew. And my dogs are too big to pick up, so they're safe.

Found this story interesting. I'm not African American, but I am a minority:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/28/us/28bangor.html?_r=1

I will check out the islands. Thanks.

If you eschew mosquitos?

When I lived in New Orleans, the mosquitos were big enough to chew. And my dogs are too big to pick up, so they're safe.

Found this story interesting. I'm not African American, but I am a minority:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/28/us/28bangor.html?_r=1

I will check out the islands. Thanks.

What minority, X? Everyone is curious now that you've mentioned it twice.

Forum List

Back