Mormons found guilty on 13 counts of election fraud in California

Try this one:

Mormon Church guilty on 13 counts - Bing

Right wingers aren't too good on using those googles and bings and such. Oops.

The link doesn't matter as long as the story is "true".

Way to go Dean, the Examiner.com blog you originally sourced is result 1 and this thread is result 2. Still no corroboration of this story.

Are you crazy or a liar. The link, on just the first page, shows a dozen sites posting this information.

How about, you prove it's not true? Do a search on "Mormon church never found guilty" or "13 charges not true".

If morons, such as yourself, are going to make accusations, at least "PROVE IT"? Is that so hard?

Apparently, yes, it is. Hilarious. I want you to know people are laughing AT you and not WITH you.

What is hilarious is you trying to pass this off as a news story.
www.pamshouseblend.com is not a source.

www.californiaprogressreport.com is not a source.

www.marquitathomas.com is not a source.

www.forums.spacebattles.com is not a source.

www.blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com is not a source.

P.S. - Not that it matters, but I'm not a Mormon.

Last edited:

This is Examiner.com blog again. That's not a news source.

I'm not defending the Mormon Church, I'm denouncing using a blog as a source.

Did you miss this link right in the article?

http://www.fppc.ca.gov/releasespdf/EnforcementRelease_061010.pdf

This happened and yoiu pretending it didnt jsut shows how brain washed you are.

Now a better question would be WHY IS THE MSM ignoring the story?

Maybe because this is the political equivalent of a parking ticket. Other people were cited too, some with far larger fines.

I particularly like the use of the word malfescence, makes it sound sinister.

I'm not pretending or ignoring. With the help of Care's link, I did my own independent research.

What do you, in your own words, think happened from reading the blogs you and rdean posted?

Well we are getting somewhere, now you have stoped denying the facts at least.

Is a Church supposed to be cheating in our elections?

Don Eaton a spokesman for the Mormon Church said in an interview with KGO-TV (ABC San Francisco) "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints put zero money in this.”

Continue reading on Examiner.com California Ethics Commission finds Mormons guilty on 13 counts of late Prop 8 campaign reporting - San Diego lgbt issues | Examiner.com California Ethics Commission finds Mormons guilty on 13 counts of late Prop 8 campaign reporting - San Diego lgbt issues | Examiner.com

Three months after the election they are forced to admitt they did.

Now this is the church that two of your candidates are from.

A church whos leaders will LIE to the American people and cheat when they can.

Religion over country is one reason I dont trust the ultra religious of any stripe.

Well we are getting somewhere, now you have stopped denying the facts at least.

Let's really get somewhere.

You post what you think happened, using Rdean's blog as a source for your facts...then I'll post what really happened, using one reliable source.

Fair enough?

Here is a link to Rdean's blog source from the OP.

Last edited:
OK here's the truth.

The "13 counts" were one for each day of daily reporting paperwork that California law requires, for the last two weeks of the election.
the church overlooked daily reporting requirements in the last two weeks before the vote and did not report contributions during that period until later.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20007269-503544.html#ixzz1PMheJfuO
The LDS Church made no cash donations.

"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has filed the final report of its contributions — all of which were non-monetary — to the ProtectMarriage coalition," said Scott Trotter, church spokesman. "The report, submitted in advance of the Jan. 31 deadline, details in-kind donations totaling $189,903.58.

"The value of the church's in-kind contribution is less than one half of 1 percent of the total funds (approximately $40 million) raised for the Yes on 8 campaign. The church did not make any cash contribution," he said.

LDS Church's in-kind donations to Prop. 8 total $190K | Deseret News
Definition of "in-kind" from dictionary.com:
Paid or given in goods, commodities, or services instead of money.

In-kind | Define In-kind at Dictionary.com
To sum up, the quote "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints put zero money in this.” is absolutely true. All LDS Church contributions were in-kind...no money.

Also, the "13 counts of election fraud" was late daily paperwork reporting non-monetary contributions, nothing more.

The blogs would have you believe this is a major infraction, but CBS News tells the real story:
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has been ordered to pay a small fine for failing to properly report about $37,000 in contributions on behalf the successful effort to pass Proposition 8, which banned same-sex marriages in California.

According to the Deseret News, the Church has agreed to pay a $5,539 fine to California's Fair Political Practices Commission for late reporting of contributions (including staff time) to help the "Yes on 8" committee, pending final approval from commissioners.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20007269-503544.html#ixzz1PMnKeAml
That's the difference between a blog and a legitimate news site.

Last edited:
Well we are getting somewhere, now you have stopped denying the facts at least.

Let's really get somewhere.

You post what you think happened, using Rdean's blog as a source for your facts...then I'll post what really happened, using one reliable source.

Fair enough?

Here is a link to Rdean's blog source from the OP.

Link doesnt work

Three months later the Mormon Church filed an amended return in which they admitted to spending $190,000. Unfortunately, this was 3 months after the election, so 17 million California voters never were able to know the full extent of the Mormon involvement until well after the election.

The Mormon Church ran phone banks, sent out direct mail, had well designed web sites, produced 27 slick commercials, bussed people in from Utah and had lots of travel expenses by high ranking Church officials. They also raised approximately $30 million from Mormon families to pass Proposition 8.

The Mormon Church also was behind the creation of the infamous National Organization for Marriage (NOM) in 2007, and was the biggest contributor to pass Prop 8.

California Ethics Commission finds Mormons guilty on 13 counts of late Prop 8 campaign reporting - San Diego | Examiner.com

-----------------------------------------

Apparently the Mormon Church has ACORN beat by a mile. In fact, ACORN wasn't even in the game. The Mormon Church convicted? Hmmmm, interesting.

I wonder where Mitt was living when he was gov? Something to think about.

Arleen Garcia-Herbst

* San Diego LGBT Issues Examiner

California Ethics Commission finds Mormons guilty on 13 counts of late Prop 8 campaign reporting - San Diego lgbt issues | Examiner.com

Yea, I am sure ole Arleen is all over this....:rolleyes:..

and, hey brainiac. this isn't 'election' fraud...you know?

and I bet Arleen loved those 27 'slick' commercials.....:eek:

Look, who gives a crap? really?

if I told you that the afl cio and every other affiliated union in California was working with teachers unions to get state municipalities and the state to raise its local and states taxes......what would you say?

a religious org. funding a proposition in favor of blocking lesbo homo marriage. woweee....I am sooo underwhelmed......

How is lying about spending money in an election cycle not fraud in an election cycle?

How is lying about spending money in an election cycle not fraud in an election cycle?

They spent no money.

They said they spent no money.

Nobody lied.

See my post above.

and yet:

California Ethics Commission finds Mormons guilty on 13 counts

Now what is strange, this was in California. Those Mormons were from "Utah". I guess because they share a border. No wait, they don't share a border.

Hmmmm,

Why would right wingers from one state go to another states just to make people they don't know and have never meant, unhappy. Seems kinda mean, but VERY Right Wing. If Right Wingers aren't ruining someone's life, they simply can't maintain a "good mood".

Three months later the Mormon Church filed an amended return in which they admitted to spending $190,000. Unfortunately, this was 3 months after the election, so 17 million California voters never were able to know the full extent of the Mormon involvement until well after the election.

The Mormon Church ran phone banks, sent out direct mail, had well designed web sites, produced 27 slick commercials, bussed people in from Utah and had lots of travel expenses by high ranking Church officials. They also raised approximately $30 million from Mormon families to pass Proposition 8.

The Mormon Church also was behind the creation of the infamous National Organization for Marriage (NOM) in 2007, and was the biggest contributor to pass Prop 8.

California Ethics Commission finds Mormons guilty on 13 counts of late Prop 8 campaign reporting - San Diego | Examiner.com

-----------------------------------------

Apparently the Mormon Church has ACORN beat by a mile. In fact, ACORN wasn't even in the game. The Mormon Church convicted? Hmmmm, interesting.

I wonder where Mitt was living when he was gov? Something to think about.

Just when I actually believe that there are people on this board who are dumber than you are you pop in and take the prize back.

Not filing reports on time is not election fraud.

One thing that should scare us all about the deeply religious is their ability to justify cheating the democratic process and democratic principles. We probably have more Christians in America than Muslims who want this to be a theorcy.

That proves that the first two people who posted in this thread are both stupid.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back