Morman-bashing - where are thePC libs ??

I think that the whole religious affiliation thing is becoming increasingly irrelevant nowadays. Obama was elected even with rampant rumors flying that he's a Muslim. Romney hasn't really been bashed for his Mormonism, save for one idiot who was swiftly condemned by everyone, his brother, and both their wives, however many they may have had. ;) I truly believe that the American people do not care if Romney is a Mormon, and that shift in the public mentality almost as historic (regardless if Romney becomes the President or not) as us electing a black man to the Oval Office.

What is wrong with bashing Moremoans?

If you leave us alone, we will convert the world.

If you bash us we will do it faster.

So feel free if you want. I don't have a problem suffering because of my witness of Jesus Christ. I don't seek it out and I wouldn't encourage it. But you think it's necessary it won't hurt me.

Worst you could do to me or any other Mormon is what they did to Christ, and quite frankly I don't think you have that in your heart at all. So im not worried:)

I actually feel sorry for those who bought into the golden plates con job.

And I feel sorry for people who draw conclusions without real investigation.

Actually, I feel sorry for alot of people. Including myself sometimes.

We are a pretyty pathetic bunch aren't we.

And there is no way to investigate the golden tablets since god took em back and no one else saw them.

And there is no way to investigate the golden tablets since god took em back and no one else saw them.

We are quite pathetic.

And there were countless witnesses who saw the plates. The testimony of 11 of them have been published in the front of every Book of Mormon since first print:

The Testimony of Three Witnesses

Be it known unto all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people, unto whom this work shall come: That we, through the grace of God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, have seen the plates which contain this record, which is a record of the people of Nephi, and also of the Lamanites, their brethren, and also of the people of Jared, who came from the tower of which hath been spoken. And we also know that they have been translated by the gift and power of God, for his voice hath declared it unto us; wherefore we know of a surety that the work is true. And we also testify that we have seen the engravings which are upon the plates; and they have been shown unto us by the power of God, and not of man. And we declare with words of soberness, that an angel of God came down from heaven, and he brought and laid before our eyes, that we beheld and saw the plates, and the engravings thereon; and we know that it is by the grace of God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, that we beheld and bear record that these things are true. And it is marvelous in our eyes. Nevertheless, the voice of the Lord commanded us that we should bear record of it; wherefore, to be obedient unto the commandments of God, we bear testimony of these things. And we know that if we are faithful in Christ, we shall rid our garments of the blood of all men, and be found spotless before the judgment-seat of Christ, and shall dwell with him eternally in the heavens. And the honor be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost, which is one God. Amen.

Oliver Cowdery

David Whitmer

Martin Harris

The Testimony of Eight Witnesses

Be it known unto all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people, unto whom this work shall come: That Joseph Smith, Jun., the translator of this work, has shown unto us the plates of which hath been spoken, which have the appearance of gold; and as many of the leaves as the said Smith has translated we did handle with our hands; and we also saw the engravings thereon, all of which has the appearance of ancient work, and of curious workmanship. And this we bear record with words of soberness, that the said Smith has shown unto us, for we have seen and hefted, and know of a surety that the said Smith has got the plates of which we have spoken. And we give our names unto the world, to witness unto the world that which we have seen. And we lie not, God bearing witness of it.

Christian Whitmer

Jacob Whitmer

Peter Whitmer, Jun.

John Whitmer

Hiram Page

Joseph Smith, Sen.

Hyrum Smith

Samuel H. Smith

Testimony of the 3 & 8 witnesses

Not only that, anyone can find out for themselves from the Holy Spirit.

3 Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.

4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things. (Moroni 10:3-5)

That's one of the strongest points of the restored Gospel. You don't have to take my word for it or anyone elses. You can study it out, and ask the Lord and learn the truth the Same way Peter learned that Jesus is the Christ - Through Revelation from the Father.

The point of the Restoration was to teach people how to hear God's voice and then prepare them to Enter into His presence.

Smiths and Whittimers looks like to me.

Hey I don;t single out moremoans.
I thnkin it is dumb to believe in any all powerful creature that controlls everything.

I go for real personal responsibility, no heaven nor hell not god nor devil. Just us and whe choices we make.

Last edited:
As long as they don't make me wear their magic underwear.

We don't make anyone do anything. We teach, invite, exhort, encourage, persuade, etc.

The use of force is unnecessary. We simply teach people good principles and they govern themselves.

As long as they don't make me wear their magic underwear.

We don't make anyone do anything. We teach, invite, exhort, encourage, persuade, etc.

The use of force is unnecessary. We simply teach people good principles and they govern themselves.

Physical force yes, virtually all religions use psycohological force.

I was about grown before I realized my mother was a travel agent, always booking guilt trips for me.

Last edited:
I thought JFK put religeon -bashing to rest

Again- it's spelled MORMON.

And honestly, I don't consider it bashing any religion by pointing out what they believe.

If Mitt Romney really thinks he's wearing magic underwear and he's going to rule a planet of spirit children in the afterlife, we really need to know that.

080101super_mitt_romney.jpg

What is wrong with bashing Moremoans?

If you leave us alone, we will convert the world.

If you bash us we will do it faster.

So feel free if you want. I don't have a problem suffering because of my witness of Jesus Christ. I don't seek it out and I wouldn't encourage it. But you think it's necessary it won't hurt me.

Worst you could do to me or any other Mormon is what they did to Christ, and quite frankly I don't think you have that in your heart at all. So im not worried:)

70% of the people you recruit go back to their old religion within a year, and thousands are leaving your cult.

Pointing out that your church is based on fraud and lies is devastating enough.

That's true. Although if we caught Joseph SMith (dum-dum-dum-dum-dum) actually lying about translations of things we do have, we could investigate those.

Oh, wait, we do!

Kinderhook plates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Book of Abraham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back