Morgan Freeman

Morgan Freeman: Tea Party Is Racist, They're Out To Get Obama

When asked by Morgan whether Obama's presidency has made racism in the United States better or worse, Freeman, who once played apartheid-defying South African president Nelson Mandela, frankly stated that his time in office has made it worse, as he has become a target of the right's aggression.

"Their stated policy, publicly stated, is to do whatever it takes to see to it that Obama only serves one term," the actor said. "What’s, what does that, what underlines that? 'Screw the country. We’re going to whatever we do to get this black man, we can, we’re going to do whatever we can to get this black man outta here.'"

Declaring once again that "it's a racist thing," Freeman said the group's rise has shown the hate still lingering in America.

Last year.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2d2SzRZvsQ]Morgan Freeman on Racism - YouTube[/ame]

Did anyone on here actually WATCH that clip? It says nothing about Obama or the Tea Party. It is about Black History Month.

I guess a little academic honesty never occurred to the person who started this thread.

Last edited:
What is weird is folks who voted for him because he is black are not racists, while those who dislike his policies and want him removed because of those policies are racists.

I find this confusing.

How is black people voting for the president because he's black, different from the religious right supporting huckabee or perry with his Christians only prayer rally?

It's certainly better than the radicals on the right shrieking that they want to " take back [their] country" from what? There was a lawful election.

It's time for the right to at least explore the ugly undercurrent of racism in their party -- from the southern strategy -- to their opposition to anything that smacks of social justice -- to the insistence that any discussion of racism is somehow "racist"

As I said, those who have issues with high taxes, treat allies badly and cozy up to bad guys, spend twice as much money as the government took in and believe the persons responsible for these bad polices are racist while those who vote for a guy totally based on his african heritage are enlightened and not racist. The logic of this escapes me.

taxes are lower now than they've been in 50 years.... no one is treating our allies badly... unless you want to consider baby bush's love of terrorist supporting saudi arabia a problem...

the money wasn't a problem when baby bush was spending it...

therefore the protestations of the right simply aren't credible... especially the hysteria and shrieking...

because you know what... he's compromised with the right at every turn.

perhaps the logic escapes you because you're not seeing the circumstances clearly. it's ok.. we all tend to be a bit more tolerant of the people who largely agree with us....

What is weird is folks who voted for him because he is black are not racists, while those who dislike his policies and want him removed because of those policies are racists.

I find this confusing.

How is black people voting for the president because he's black, different from the religious right supporting huckabee or perry with his Christians only prayer rally?

It's certainly better than the radicals on the right shrieking that they want to " take back [their] country" from what? There was a lawful election.

It's time for the right to at least explore the ugly undercurrent of racism in their party -- from the southern strategy -- to their opposition to anything that smacks of social justice -- to the insistence that any discussion of racism is somehow "racist"

It's time for the left to admit their big government social policies have failed and have helped to break down the black family leaving poor black inner city kids stuck in failing schools and creating a dependency on government. It has not work ADMIT IT!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJNNsL8gn3s&feature=player_embedded]Black Caucus member Confronts Allen West on Sarah Palin & Tea Party Ties - YouTube[/ame]

What is Freeman's opinion about the American prison system? He once played a convict in Shawshank Redemption so I guess the left considers him an expert.

Who is Morgan Freeman and why should I give a fuck what he thinks?

You have to give a fuck because he built the Batmobile.

That's not a bad point.

If one can build the Batmobile, then one should have some value as a political commentator.

I thought ol' Morgan was very good in THIS scene, by the way:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z6o1GIEsQE]Batman The Dark Knight- Blackmailing Batman - YouTube[/ame]

Good dialog. Kudos to the screen-writers, too.

Granny been wonderin' what he been doin' lately...

... an' if he done drivin' Miss Daisy `round...

... mebbe he could come over an' drive her `round some?
:eusa_eh:

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqfnPf-b1hM]Morgan Freeman - Tea Party/GOP are Racist - Piers Morgan Tonight - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqfnPf-b1hM&feature=player_embedded]Morgan Freeman - Tea Party/GOP are Racist - Piers Morgan Tonight - YouTube[/ame]

Wow, Morgan has a enormous chip on his shoulder!

racistdog.jpg

I wish these celebrities would stop sticking their feet in their mouths!

-

I'm a Member of the Tea Party, and I forgive Morgan. I still think He should have been the First Black President. I think He just needs to sort out His Anger. :D

As an Uncut Heathen Blackman in Jewish controlled Hollywood of the 80's & 90's he developed a chip on his sholder ...

Forum List

Back