More Zanyiness From The Moonbats, But This One Is A US Congressman

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Guess who is directing the blogs??? Karl Rove of course! :teeth:

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/2005_02.php#009630

February 20, 2005
The Madness Continues

Democratic Congressman Maurice Hinchey breaks a news story, via Little Green Footballs:

They’ve had a very very direct, aggressive attack on the, on the media, and the way it’s handled. Probably the most flagrant example of that is the way they set up Dan Rather. Now, I mean, I have my own beliefs about how that happened: it originated with Karl Rove, in my belief, in the White House. They set that up with those false papers. Why did they do it? They knew that Bush was a draft dodger. They knew that he had run away from his responsibilties in the Air National Guard in Texas, gone out of the state intentionally for a long period of time. They knew that he had no defense for that period in his life. And so what they did was, expecting that that was going to come up, they accentuated it: they produced papers that made it look even worse. And they — and they distributed those out to elements of the media. And it was only — what, like was it CBS? Or whatever, whatever which one Rather works for. They — the people there — they finally bought into it, and they, and they aired it. And when they did, they had ’em. They didn’t care who did it! All they had to do is to get some element of the media to advance that issue. Based upon the false papers that they produced.
It's easy to write off this kind of thing as limited to the moonbat wing of the Democratic Party, but here's the thing: when is the last time you heard any Democrat criticize this kind of nonsense, or try to distance himself from it?

Posted by Hindrocket

Yeah - it's just like these scheming, money-grubbing parents who - who let their cancer patient children get within 1500 yards of Michael Jackson, knowing that Michael's a child mol....well - knowing that Michael has had ....er...DIFFICULTIES in the past - a LOT - well....knowing what Michael is very likely to do....well - it's just not FAIR!

I almost wish the Republicans WERE slick enough to have suckered Rather in this way. There's something so poetically just - so "Absence of Malice" about it! Lead the asshole to the gallows, and then let him hang himself with his own arrogance, bias, and duplicity. But, the Republicans aren't that slick, bless their hearts.

You know what I'd do, though, if I were Karl Rove? I'd get word to Rather through an intermediary that, "Yeah - you're damned RIGHT I set you up. And you went for it - stupidass!" That, I believe, would finally push The Dan over the edge.

I have a great deal of trouble understanding how human garbage like this gets elected. Was he the only one running or is insanity a mandatory qualification for office in his district?

Forum List

Back