More Whining From Cantor

Gallup: Majority Of Americans Still Oppose Raising Debt Ceiling : It's All Politics : NPR

According to a Gallup survey done in the last several days, 42 percent of Americans want their member of Congress to vote against raising the debt ceiling versus 22 percent who would prefer their lawmakers to vote for an increase.

And the feelings were even more negative among those who said they were very closely following the issue, with 53 percent of those saying they were against a rise compared with 37 percent in favor.

On Deficit, Americans Prefer Spending Cuts; Open to Tax Hikes

WSJ/NBC News Poll Finds Support Lacking for Entitlement Reductions - WSJ.com

In the poll, Americans across all age groups and ideologies said by large margins that it was "unacceptable'' to make significant cuts in entitlement programs in order to reduce the federal deficit. Even tea party supporters, by a nearly 2-to-1 margin, declared significant cuts to Social Security "unacceptable."

Hmm.

I'm at the point where I think all those nutless monkeys should get what they're asking for.

England also knows that austerity alone isn't the answer. That's why the Tories agreed to raise taxes over there. Repubs are too much the ideologues

Gallup: Majority Of Americans Still Oppose Raising Debt Ceiling : It's All Politics : NPR

According to a Gallup survey done in the last several days, 42 percent of Americans want their member of Congress to vote against raising the debt ceiling versus 22 percent who would prefer their lawmakers to vote for an increase.

And the feelings were even more negative among those who said they were very closely following the issue, with 53 percent of those saying they were against a rise compared with 37 percent in favor.

On Deficit, Americans Prefer Spending Cuts; Open to Tax Hikes

WSJ/NBC News Poll Finds Support Lacking for Entitlement Reductions - WSJ.com

In the poll, Americans across all age groups and ideologies said by large margins that it was "unacceptable'' to make significant cuts in entitlement programs in order to reduce the federal deficit. Even tea party supporters, by a nearly 2-to-1 margin, declared significant cuts to Social Security "unacceptable."

Hmm.

Wow... People want all or mostly spending cuts.. How un-shocking...

Wonder why Barry won't listen....

I was going to start a new thread entitled "Guess who kicked the can down the road?" but knew it would be merged anyway ;) Repubs=short-term gain, long-term pain.

Where's the "long term gain" from spending $2 trillion more every year than the government takes in?

I like how you spin that poll to your worldview. A little over a quarter of Republicans want just all spending cuts. But, even the Tea Party doesn't want significant cuts to Social Security and Medicare. So you'll just selectively pick and choose what you want to listen to America on.

I like how you spin that poll to your worldview. A little over a quarter of Republicans want just all spending cuts. But, even the Tea Party doesn't want significant cuts to Social Security and Medicare. So you'll just selectively pick and choose what you want to listen to America on.

I like how you ignore one poll in favor of another one that doesn't even argue against what I posted...

BTW, the main sticking point in these talks is not cuts to SS...

Swing and a miss....

I like how you ignore one poll in favor of another one that doesn't even argue against what I posted...

Swing and a miss....

Not to mention that back in March it appeared that we were heading for an economic upswing, which the administration and MSM were touting. However, while folks had their doubts then, it's become much more clear with unemployment, real estate numbers that we are no where close to out of recession/depression.

Eric Cantor: Obama abruptly walked out of debt meeting - Jonathan Allen and Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

Cantor said he’s trying to inform the group of what House members will agree to pass. “I’m trying to represent where the votes are in the House. and we’ve always said the votes in the House are consistent with the principles that the speaker’s laid out that we’ve been operating on,” Cantor said.

Hmm. Seems like not to long ago we had a Speaker and a Majority Leader who would go out and GET the votes needed to pass something. Whatever happened to that?

:lame2:

Cantor's a douche.

The Republicans take the House and promptly take steps to destroy our economy.

Of course they also destroyed the economy when Bush was in office, so why should we expect anything different now?

Swing and a miss....

Not to mention that back in March it appeared that we were heading for an economic upswing, which the administration and MSM were touting. However, while folks had their doubts then, it's become much more clear with unemployment, real estate numbers that we are no where close to out of recession/depression.

The economy has been growing for some time now.

Where have you been?

It doesn't matter if the public likes cuts to entitlments. That's where the money is and we have no choice.

Bullshit.

The deficit was created by two useless wars and the Bush tax cuts.

Cut the bloated military budget and repeal the Bush tax cuts and raise the top rate by 3% and bring back the estate tax.

I don't know... who said that... wasn't me. Yes i have... what does TV have to do with anything? Oh yeah... FOX says that I am your enemy.... I forgot. You can't think for yourself. You need to be programmed. well, you still aren't my enemy... sorry, life's too short to hate.

No asswipe. Fox has never said that.. as for the quote??? I can tell you who it was Howard Dean. but if you watch obiedoodle tv network you know where the hate comes from, you're just too frickin dishonest to admit it. so we're back to cry us a fucking river why don't you?

Sorry... never heard that. You must watch it more than I do. Calling me a liar now? Ok... thanks for proving my point... you hate me... and you don't even know why... other than the boys at FOX and AM Radio told you to... and drilled it into your head repeatedly.

I've already explained to you that Fox never said that, so you calling me a liar? Why oh why do you hate me asswipe?

England also knows that austerity alone isn't the answer. That's why the Tories agreed to raise taxes over there. Repubs are too much the ideologues

I'm all for raising taxes but not until the 50% of America who pays ZERO Federal Income Tax and then gets a rebate on the ZERO they pay starts paying.. until then TEA PARTY.

Forum List

Back