More Whining From Cantor

DontBeStupid

Look it up!
Jun 23, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Eric Cantor: Obama abruptly walked out of debt meeting - Jonathan Allen and Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

Cantor said he’s trying to inform the group of what House members will agree to pass. “I’m trying to represent where the votes are in the House. and we’ve always said the votes in the House are consistent with the principles that the speaker’s laid out that we’ve been operating on,” Cantor said.

Hmm. Seems like not to long ago we had a Speaker and a Majority Leader who would go out and GET the votes needed to pass something. Whatever happened to that?

:lame2:

Cantor's a douche.

Republican leader says latest deficit talks ended abruptly - CNN.com

A Democratic source familiar with the talks said on condition of not being identified that Obama cut off Cantor at the end when the Virginia Republican questioned him for the third time on his opposition to a short-term extension of the federal debt ceiling.

Cantor wants to kick the can further down the road.

He also doesn't want to do any hard work of pulling together more votes.

Eric Cantor: Obama abruptly walked out of debt meeting - Jonathan Allen and Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

Cantor said he’s trying to inform the group of what House members will agree to pass. “I’m trying to represent where the votes are in the House. and we’ve always said the votes in the House are consistent with the principles that the speaker’s laid out that we’ve been operating on,” Cantor said.

Hmm. Seems like not to long ago we had a Speaker and a Majority Leader who would go out and GET the votes needed to pass something. Whatever happened to that?

:lame2:

Cantor's a douche.

It's the Tea Party effect--which has stated repeatedly--enough is enough. Now if you're referring to Nancy Pelosi--there has NEVER been a democrat politician that didn't LIKE spending other peoples money.

And it's the GOP that needs to get some balls right now. There is no way to negotiate 14.3 trillion in red ink right now with another 64 trillion in unfunded liabilites with baby boomers now entering social security and medicare--by simply giving the Federal Government permission to UP their credit card limit so they can borrow and spend more--without cuts to the budget that would off-set it. Today--the Federal Government is borrowing .46 cents on every dollar it spends.

There simply is not enough WEALTH in this entire country--for the federal government to confiscate--to pay this tab. And ignoring this issue right now--only puts another nail in the GOP structure. The Tea Party in this country is FOR REAL--and today they consist of 40% democrats and independents that are sick and tired--of a federal government that has an insatiable appetite to grow and expand--leaving our children and grandchildren to launch into a 70% tax bracket regardless of what their income is--because this generation was to "weak" to deal with our own financial crisis.

$9-trillion-deficit.jpg

14.3 trillion right now--with another 64 trillion in unfunded liabilities. Is this what you want to pass on to your kids and grandchildren?

Last edited:
I told ya all, the Repugs have lost on this issues and both they and the President know it.

Ya may not want to believe it, but that's the way it is.

The President was probably laughing on his way out.

Republican leader says latest deficit talks ended abruptly - CNN.com

A Democratic source familiar with the talks said on condition of not being identified that Obama cut off Cantor at the end when the Virginia Republican questioned him for the third time on his opposition to a short-term extension of the federal debt ceiling.

Cantor wants to kick the can further down the road.

I was going to start a new thread entitled "Guess who kicked the can down the road?" but knew it would be merged anyway ;) Repubs=short-term gain, long-term pain.

idiots, the lot of ya. Someday... when you are older(maturity wise), I hope you look back on your comments here with shame.

We may not agree on how things should be run... but it's shit like this that is the problem with this country. You see, I don't consider any one of you my enemy. You are my fellow countrymen and women, my brothers and sisters. But you guys... you tend to see us as "the enemy" or evil. That plants the seeds of Fascism.

You folks are on the wrong path...I'm not saying you shouldn't believe in Conservatism. I am saying that your fellow countrymen are not your enemies.

EDIT: I was referring to the ridiculously snide one liners, BTW.

Last edited:
I guess Barry is not interested in eating his peas....

certainly not, more like a buster burger and fries. Then again, the lies:

The U.S. Treasury will not default - Fundmastery Blog - MarketWatch

* July 12, 2011, 2:52 PM ET

The U.S. Treasury will not default

Despite all the rhetoric and posturing we see in the media and in Washington D.C., it is safe to say categorically that the U.S. Treasury will not default on its debt after August 2nd, even if the debt ceiling is not raised. Not only will the Treasury be able to pay interest on U.S. debt obligations, but there is money for other essential programs as well. However, there will be some serious cutting that has to happen because spending clearly exceeds revenues.

I believe a debt ceiling limit extension will be enacted. However, let’s consider what might happen if the debt ceiling limit is not raised. Here in a Q&A format is what I believe you need to know at a basic level...

...Math is hard for politicians

Now, let’s do the math to flesh out some of these points. I know that for many politicians and pundits math is hard, but I’ll try to make it as simple as possible. If we do not raise the debt ceiling by August 2nd, we will not default on Treasury obligations. Nor, will we have trouble making Social Security payments. However, there would be a big drop — roughly 44% — in government spending because that percentage represents the difference between government revenues which would be about $200 billion for the full month of August and $172 billion for August if we start counting after the first week when the deadline hits. Spending is slated to be over $300 billion that month.

Here are the numbers from an excellent and highly detailed study by the Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC) quoted in this piece [emphasis added]:

…The BPC study found that the United States is likely to hit the debt limit sometime between August 2 and August 9. “It’s a 44 percent overnight cut in federal spending” if Congress hits the debt limit, [BPC's Jay] Powell said. The BPC study projects there will be $172 billion in federal revenues in August and $307 billion in authorized expenditures. That means there’s enough money to pay for, say, interest on the debt ($29 billion), Social Security ($49.2 billion), Medicare and Medicaid ($50 billion), active duty troop pay ($2.9 billion), veterans affairs programs ($2.9 billion).

That leaves you with about $39 billion to fund (or not fund) the following:

Defense vendors ($31.7 billion)

IRS refunds ($3.9 billion)

Food stamps and welfare ($9.3 billion)

Unemployment insurance benefits ($12.8 billion)

Department of Education ($20.2 billion)

Housing and Urban Development ($6.7 billion)

Other spending, such as Departments of Justice, Labor, Commerce, EPA, HHS ($73.6 billion)

The decision to prioritize payments would fall on the Treasury department, and Powell points out it would be chaotic picking and choosing who gets paid (in full or partially) and who doesn’t…

No doubt picking and choosing who gets paid and who doesn’t would be chaotic. And, lots of programs would not get their funding and that would lead to plenty of screaming. Nonetheless, it should be clear from this exactly how much we are spending in excess of government revenues. And, that could and should lead to a sober assessment of what government can and cannot do...

idiots, the lot of ya. Someday... when you are older(maturity wise), I hope you look back on your comments here with shame.

We may not agree on how things should be run... but it's shit like this that is the problem with this country. You see, I don't consider any one of you my enemy. You are my fellow countrymen and women, my brothers and sisters. But you guys... you tend to see us as "the enemy" or evil. That plants the seeds of Fascism.

You folks are on the wrong path...I'm not saying you shouldn't believe in Conservatism. I am saying that your fellow countrymen are not your enemies.

Yeah right! That's why you treat us so good right?? Who said "I hate Republicans and everything they stand for"? Have you ever listened to our "brothers and sisters over at obiedoodles tv network?? Cryusafuckingriverwhydon'tyou?

Perhaps you didn't notice the Republicans glee when the conservative-dominated, Court ruled inre: Citizens United? The Repubs seem to be for wealth rather than equal representation.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back