more wasted $$ at the super bowl, I am sure this will go under "defense spending"

blu

Sep 21, 2009
Your issue is with the military on this one.

Flight teams and demos are already quite a huge part of the budget, and I think the Super Bowl is better place to spend the money than a Blue Angels show at the West Bumblefuck county fair.

Wow... she's not bitter huh?

Whatever, I don't go to games anymore, it's ridiculous, and I can afford it. It takes about $70+, excluding tickets to park, see the Saints play and have a bite to eat and some drink. It carves about 5 hours out of your Sunday too.

Of, did I mention it's on TV every Sunday?

As For Jerry Jones and the Cowboys? F 'em both.

really? get a fucking life. They do this every year at all the games you fucking twat.
EVERY YEAR. Sally should be punched in the face

they waste half a million dollars so people can watch jets fly on a big screen?

Flight teams and demos are already quite a huge part of the budget, and I think the Super Bowl is better place to spend the money than a Blue Angels show at the West Bumblefuck county fair.

flying over a close stadium is the best use of half a million dollars the military can come up with?

really? get a fucking life. They do this every year at all the games you fucking twat.

What about the 111,000,000 people watching at home? It was cheap recruitment advertising, compared to how much a 30 second ad spot costs.

Last edited:
Sally Jenkins - After a bloated Super Bowl in Dallas, it's time to rein in big game

For absurdity, how about those four Navy F-18s flying over the stadium - with its retractable roof closed? Everybody inside could only see the planes on the stadium's video screens. It was strictly a two-second beauty shot. Know what it cost taxpayers? I'll tell you: $450,000. (The Navy justifies the expense by saying it's good for recruiting.)

fucking lunatics

I guess you and Sally Jenkins think they take off, fly over the stadium, and return to base.

Newsflash, they don't.

If we only send our pilots up in their aircraft when we're attacking or under attack, we're screwed. Thankfully, they train every day.

If it costs $450,000K to send 4 F-18s over a stadium, then the University of Alabama is filthy stinking rich, because 4-6 is the average number at EVERY home game (unless they bring the Stealths from North Georgia, or the B-1s from Florida).

I was at a Bucs game this year, and there was a flyover. I've been to a few flyovers at college games as well. Surely millions and millions and millions of more people saw these flyover during the Superbowl. In all fairness there's an Airforce base right here in town. Flyovers happen often, and quite frankly I think are a great recruiting tool. It's pretty amazing to be at one-I can def. see people at the bare minimum getting interested in more information about military service due to it.

How 'bout we stop using the military as a circus to entertain the idiot masses?

they have American Idol for that

people outside dipshit.....

They do this at the start of the season as well numbnuts....
So we waste a million dollars so idiots can go 'Hey look, a big silver bird!' ?

Sally Jenkins - After a bloated Super Bowl in Dallas, it's time to rein in big game

For absurdity, how about those four Navy F-18s flying over the stadium - with its retractable roof closed? Everybody inside could only see the planes on the stadium's video screens. It was strictly a two-second beauty shot. Know what it cost taxpayers? I'll tell you: $450,000. (The Navy justifies the expense by saying it's good for recruiting.)
fucking lunatics

I guess you and Sally Jenkins think they take off, fly over the stadium, and return to base.

Newsflash, they don't.

If we only send our pilots up in their aircraft when we're attacking or under attack, we're screwed. Thankfully, they train every day.

If it costs $450,000K to send 4 F-18s over a stadium, then the University of Alabama is filthy stinking rich, because 4-6 is the average number at EVERY home game (unless they bring the Stealths from North Georgia, or the B-1s from Florida).
finally, someone makes sense in this thread

Forum List

Back