More trouble for Air America...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://drudgereport.com/flash5.htm

PAPER: 'AIR AMERICA' MISSES PAYROLL; MORE TURBULENCE AT LIB TALK NET
Thu May 06 2004 23:59:55 ET

In yet another sign of trouble for Air America Radio, the liberal talk network entering its fifth chaotic week on the air, co-founder and chairman Evan Cohen resigned Thursday, as did vice-chairman and investor Rex Sorensen.

The CHICAGO TRIBUNE is planning to report in fresh editions: The company also failed to make its scheduled payroll, leaving its staff roughly 100 radio personalities, writers, and producers unpaid until Thursday.

The departures of Cohen, a former political operative from Guam who was among the network's initial investors, and Sorenson, an investor who owns radio stations in Guam, mark the second executive shake-up at the fledgling network in as many weeks.

Developing...

Oh well looks like they can't even buy there way onto the air right.

Originally posted by insein

Oh well looks like they can't even buy there way onto the air right.
Kind of reminds me of a bloated government agency that runs ineffectively. They need to dump more money into the problem, oh wait a minute its investors money not tax payers money, so it is easier said than done.

Ha! I laugh. Have you ever heard Michael Savage's opinion of liberal radio?

Originally posted by proud_savagette
Ha! I laugh. Have you ever heard Michael Savage's opinion of liberal radio?
I haven't. I suppose Savage has made a few good points, however I personally just don't care for his show.

Hehehe...yeah, I get that from alot of people. His books are alot better to read if you have a problem with his show. He does come across conceited alot of the time on his show, but his books are quite different.

I think the problem with Air America is that they've got a bunch of no name liberals and annoying liberals like Jeane Geraffalo. The only one with talent that can actually support a radio show is Al Franken, but his talents aren't enough to support a network completely devoid of other talent.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
I think the problem with Air America is that they've got a bunch of no name liberals and annoying liberals like Jeane Geraffalo. The only one with talent that can actually support a radio show is Al Franken, but his talents aren't enough to support a network completely devoid of other talent.

There in lies the problem. IF they had anyone with talent, they wouldnt need to buy their way onto the radio. They would just promote their guys and have radio stations pick them up just Hannity and Rush have done. They worked hard to get where they are. They didnt buy their way in.

There in lies the problem. IF they had anyone with talent, they wouldnt need to buy their way onto the radio. They would just promote their guys and have radio stations pick them up just Hannity and Rush have done. They worked hard to get where they are. They didnt buy their way in.

The only thing you said that I have a problem with is that Hannity worked hard to get where he is. The guy looks inbred, I've never heard him come up with his own idea, he just parrots everything the administration says, he's not even entertaining. The only reason anybody knows his name is because Rush let him sub on his show.

The only thing you said that I have a problem with is that Hannity worked hard to get where he is. The guy looks inbred, I've never heard him come up with his own idea, he just parrots everything the administration says, he's not even entertaining. The only reason anybody knows his name is because Rush let him sub on his show.

He goes against bush on issues sometimes. You obviously don't listen to the show. He's started being a general contractor in construction I believe when he was 17 years old. You should educate youself before you open your mouth.

Yes as RWA said, you don't listen to the show then. Plus with a comment like "he looks inbred" doesn't really support your case. Do we really need to go into what Franken looks like?

Hannity has called Bush's Medicare Bill a major mistake. He has criticised Bush on not addressing the border situation and has condemned his non-amnesty "amnesty" ruling on the illegals in this country. He criticises other Republicans that he doesnt agree with. He praises Democrats that he does agree with such as Zell miller and Ed Koch.

Hannity has worked hard to gain his audience. People choose to listen to him. Otherwise he wouldnt be on the air. If nobody listened to Liberal Radio, it would still be on because it is being paid for by the liberals themselves. Not Ad revenue. Similar to NPR.

Well their Chairman has resigned.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto...07/ap_en_bu/liberal_radio_shakeup_3&printer=1

Air America Radio Chairman Resigns

Fri May 7, 1:06 PM ET

By SETH SUTEL, AP Business Writer

NEW YORK - The chairman and vice chairman of Air America Radio have resigned, dealing the latest setback to the fledgling liberal radio network headlined by comedian and author Al Franken.

The departures of Evan Cohen and his investment partner Rex Sorensen came just one week after the company said that co-founder Mark Walsh had stepped down as CEO to take a smaller role at the company. Last week the company also said it had forced out David Logan as head of programming.

Cohen declined to discuss the reasons for his departure Friday but confirmed that he was stepping down both as chairman and as a member of the company's board. News of the departures, which occurred Thursday, was first reported in the Chicago Tribune.

Cohen also said Sorensen was leaving the company's board. He declined to say what he and Sorensen planned to do with their stakes in the venture. Jon Sinton, president of the company, did not immediately return calls seeking comment.

The continued management turmoil marked the latest growing pains for Air America Radio, which launched on March 31 with a slate of left-leaning political satire and current affairs commentary.

Just two weeks after the network went on the air, a dispute with a business partner led to the network's signal being pulled from stations in Chicago and Los Angeles. The signal was later restored in Chicago, but the company said it was looking for a new business partner there.

In addition to Franken's show, which is dubbed "The O'Franken Factor" in a jab at Fox News host Bill O'Reilly, the network also carries shows hosted by Janeane Garofalo (news), Florida radio personality Randi Rhodes and Lizz Winstead, a co-creator of "The Daily Show."

Does it really surprise anyone that this would happen to a business run by a bunch of uber-leftist?

NEWFLASH: Million dollar businesses don't run themselves.

Originally posted by Gop guy
GOOD, I HOPE IT GOES UNDER COMPLETLY

See, i think thats where we might have a difference of opinion. I would have no problem with it if it wasnt just a propaganda show paid for and sponsored by friends of the Democrat party. If it was an show that people wanted to listen to that was an actual discussion on the issues rather than just a paid propaganda machine i dont think it would be that big a deal.

The problem is liberals cant get popular support of the people. Most people have realized that its the wacko fringe who are controling the liberal or more accurately described Neo Communist movement. They cant talk about the issues because they are so out there it just doesnt relate to normal people.

Forum List

Back