MORE total Pubcrappe- the RW flames the Volt

The bottom line is that consumers drive the auto industry. Chevy has the best selling gas guzzling truck around , the Silverado" but Chevy is stuck in a government bailout. Nobody wants to drive the Volt but the slavering dishonest greenie magazines decided that the crap should be promoted as car-"O-the year but it ain't. Now we get franko posts from Europe claiming that Americans are dopes for not buying into the $10.00 per gal scams.

I read the title and thought "No he didn't, he didn't just word his title like that. It's too damn easy". But since nobody else has said it, I will.

You don't need "pubs" to flame the Volt, it does a damn good job of flaming itself.

2011 Motor Trend Car of the Year: Chevrolet Volt

Read more: 2011 Motor Trend Car of the Year - 2011 Chevrolet Volt - Motor Trend

The efficiency is incredible. At less than 9 cents per KWH, and 4.00/gallon for gas, that 300 miles would cost about $14-$15.

In a multiday, 299-mile test that involved a mixture of normal freeway and stop/start city driving (no hypermiling) -- and recharging the car overnight, as most consumers would -- we used a total of 58.6 kW-hr of electrical energy, and 2.36 gallons of gas. Just counting the gas, the Volt returned 126.7 mpg. Converting the gas used to energy used (79.5 kW-hr) and adding that figure to the electrical energy used gave us a notional 72.9 mpg. That's impressive.

Last edited:
The more we think about the Volt, the more convinced we are this vehicle represents a real breakthrough. The genius of the Volt's powertrain is that it is actually capable of operating as a pure EV, a series hybrid, or as a parallel hybrid to deliver the best possible efficiency, depending on your duty cycle. For want of a better technical descriptor, this is world's first intelligent hybrid. And the investment in the technology that drives this car is also an investment in the long-term future of automaking in America.

Moonshot. Game-changer. A car of the future that you can drive today, and every day. So what should we call Chevrolet's astonishing Volt? How about, simply, Motor Trend's 2011 Car of the Year.

So you get your news from Rev Moon? IDIOTS LOL

And you get yours by reading the hyroglyphs on the insdie of your cholon.

Please move to Cuba for the warm temps and great health care...and take your family with you.

The more we think about the Volt, the more convinced we are this vehicle represents a real breakthrough. The genius of the Volt's powertrain is that it is actually capable of operating as a pure EV, a series hybrid, or as a parallel hybrid to deliver the best possible efficiency, depending on your duty cycle. For want of a better technical descriptor, this is world's first intelligent hybrid. And the investment in the technology that drives this car is also an investment in the long-term future of automaking in America.

Moonshot. Game-changer. A car of the future that you can drive today, and every day. So what should we call Chevrolet's astonishing Volt? How about, simply, Motor Trend's 2011 Car of the Year.

Each Chevy Volt sold thus far may have as much as $250,000 in state and federal dollars in incentives behind it – a total of $3 billion altogether, according to an analysis by James Hohman, assistant director of fiscal policy at the Mackinac Center for Public Policy.

Hohman looked at total state and federal assistance offered for the development and production of the Chevy Volt, General Motors’ plug-in hybrid electric vehicle. His analysis included 18 government deals that included loans, rebates, grants and tax credits. The amount of government assistance does not include the fact that General Motors is currently 26 percent owned by the federal government.

The Volt subsidies flow through multiple companies involved in production. The analysis includes adding up the amount of government subsidies via tax credits and direct funding for not only General Motors, but other companies supplying parts for the vehicle. For example, the Department of Energy awarded a $105.9 million grant to the GM Brownstown plant that assembles the batteries. The company was also awarded approximately $106 million for its Hamtramck assembly plant in state credits to retain jobs. The company that supplies the Volt’s batteries, Compact Power, was awarded up to $100 million in refundable battery credits (combination tax breaks and cash subsidies). These are among many of the subsidies and tax credits for the vehicle.

Chevy Volt Costing Taxpayers Up to $250K Per Vehicle [Michigan Capitol Confidential]

The article goes on to say it could be less (only 200 K maybe ?????) depending on certain things.

What industry would not want the kind of product that attracts this kind of government cabbage ?

Obama...picking winners and making the rest of us losers.

That was a long time ago, and Pure Pubcrappe, of course....many more cars have been sold, so development cost per car has dwindled mightily...stupid.

The bottom line is that consumers drive the auto industry. Chevy has the best selling gas guzzling truck around , the Silverado" but Chevy is stuck in a government bailout. Nobody wants to drive the Volt but the slavering dishonest greenie magazines decided that the crap should be promoted as car-"O-the year but it ain't. Now we get franko posts from Europe claiming that Americans are dopes for not buying into the $10.00 per gal scams.

No, PUB DUPES are MORONS for believing Pubcrappe, in this case that the Volt is a bad car. Typical brainwashed idiocy. See sig pp3.

That was a long time ago, and Pure Pubcrappe, of course....many more cars have been sold, so development cost per car has dwindled mightily...stupid.

Please provide proof of you statement.

I'm glad you can sneeze at 3 billion. What other industry will get such a boondogle ?

Answer: Anyone with unions that will back Obama.

Oh Wait....you bet more have been purchased......

:lol: :lol:

The government is purchasing more than 100 Chevy Volts and is paying $38,500 for each one, which is under the car’s manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $41,000. Individual car buyers get a $7,500 tax credit for purchasing a Volt because it is a plug-in electric hybrid that has better fuel efficiency. That tax credit would bring the actual price down to $33,500 — slightly more than the cost of the pure plug-in electric Nissan Leaf. So the U.S. government is getting a slight discount for purchasing the 100 plus Volts.

In contrast, the government is actually paying slightly more than the manufacturer’s suggested retail price for the Nissan Leaf — which retails for $32,780. The government is paying $33,000 for each Leaf, which is also eligible for the $7,500 federal tax credit. That means individual car buyers eligible for the tax credit could pay as little as $25,280 for a Nissan Leaf. The report did not indicate how many Leafs the U.S. government is buying.

U.S. government scores a discount on home-grown Chevy Volt | Reuters

Irrelevant .

Obama subsidizes industries of the future. Thank god we're no longer handing China and the EU that, while subsidizing Big oil and Pharma for campaign financing...

Agreed. They won't get one plug nickel from ME.

I have an even better reason not to give GM any of my money:

PICKET: GM sponsors and celebrates soon to be released Chi-Com propaganda film - Washington Times

That funny coming from the right wing propaganda Times.

News World Communications, Inc., is an international news media corporation.[1] It was founded in New York City, in 1976, by Unification Church founder and leader, Sun Myung Moon. Its first two newspapers, The News World (later renamed the New York City Tribune) and the Spanish-language Noticias del Mundo, were published in New York from 1976 until the early 1990s. In 1982 the New York Times described News World as "the newspaper unit of the Unification Church."[2] [3]

News World Communications owns United Press International, The World and I, Tiempos del Mundo (Latin America), Segye Ilbo (South Korea), Sekai Nippo (Japan), the Zambezi Times (South Africa), Middle East Times (Egypt)[4] and GolfStyles (formerly Washington Golf Monthly). Until 2008 it published the Washington D.C. based newsmagazine Insight on the News.[1] Since 1982, News World's best-known affiliate was the Washington Times. On November 2, 2010, Sun Myung Moon and a group of former Times editors purchased the paper from News World.[5]
So we'll just put you in the "Doesn't mind that US tax dollars fund Communist propaganda" column.

Not at all surprising.

Meanwhile, I suppose you'd like to claim that the source of the original report, China AutoWeb, is owned by Moon?

Last edited:
Corporations give 30-50x more than unions and conservation groups to campaign financing and LOBBYING efforts- and that was before Citizens United.

Great car- too bad Pubs and dupes are "no compromise, un-American" (TIME) a-holes...You are about to get your reward LOL

And what is that? You leftists like your "re-education camps"...is that what you had in mind?

Like get killed in the election, fear mongered dupe LOL
Yeah. Sure that's what you meant. :lol:

And the Volt may indeed be a great car -- but it's utterly impractical for many Americans, no matter how much you stamp your feet and hold your breath until you turn blue.

Duh- but the Pub propaganda machine spreads lies about it, and the Fisker, and see pp3, my sig. Fearmongering a-holes playing the ignorant, ie you.lol

But the UNINTENDED Consequences the Statist RUNS from...
...and blames someone else.

Great car- too bad Pubs and dupes are "no compromise, un-American" (TIME) a-holes...You are about to get your reward LOL

What is so great about it? How much will it cost to charge it? How far will I get on one charge? I know for fact that it will not get me from my home to my daughters. And that would be the closest of the kids that we drive to visit.... The car is worthless to me.....

Forum List

Back