More tolerance from the religion of peace

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
On Friday, the imam of a major mosque in the Pakistani city of Peshawar offered a $6,000 reward for anyone who kills Asia Bibi, an illiterate Christian woman and mother of five. Bibi was recently convicted of blasphemy against Islam and sentenced to death by hanging. She has appealed the conviction, saying that she was wrongly accused by her neighbors as the result of a personal dispute, but the imam, Maulana Yousef Qureshi, seems determined to have her killed regardless of whether the government will carry out the death penalty.

Pakistani Imam Offers Reward To Kill Christian Woman

ITTAN WALLI, Pakistan – In early November, in the dusty city of Sheikhupura in Pakistan’s heartland, Asia Bibi, an illiterate Christian woman and mother of five, was sentenced to death by hanging under the country’s blasphemy laws.

Her crime? She allegedly insulted the Prophet Muhammad.

“She was picking berries with other women, when she was sent to get water,” her husband said. “One of the women refused to drink the water after my wife dipped her cup into the bucket. This woman said it was contaminated because it was touched by a Christian.” According to Masih, all the women then started taunting his wife, and shouting insults against her mother and their children. Bibi just repeated the same insults back at them. “The name of the holy prophet never came up.”

At the time, Masih said he thought that was the end of it. It wasn’t.

“Five days later, the local cleric came to our house, followed by an angry mob, and dragged my wife away,” he said, recalling the incident that took place in June 2009. They beat her, ripped off her clothes and accused her of insulting the prophet. Then they locked her up in a house until the police came to take her away.”

World Blog - Christian woman faces death for blasphemy

A Pakistani court has barred President Asif Ali Zardari from pardoning a Christian woman sentenced to death on charges of insulting Islam, in a case that has prompted criticism over the country's blasphemy law.

Pakistan mother denied presidential pardon for 'insulting Is... - Care2 News Network

Now queue the Islam apologists to tell us how Christianity is just as evil and cite Dr. Tiller's murder as proof. :rolleyes:

Why is it ok for Muslims to chase Christians out of their country, and than they expect to be welcome in countries that are predominantly Christian?

Yep pretty bad, but it is there and not here.

And unlike some I do not believe we should be nor have the right to be the morality police force for the world.

Should EVERY christain be held responsible for what other christians do?

• Banned

And unlike some I do not believe we should be nor have the right to be the morality police force for the world.

Yes, but isn't Pakistan an alleged ally? :eusa_eh:

I think it would be fine to demand a bit more from our allies, don't you?

• Banned
Ding Ding Ding!

We already have two Islamopologists pretending not to be disgusted by a disgusting story. :thup:

thanks for not letting us down, assclowns. :lol:

I just believe that you should treat people the way you want to be treated, I just don't understand why Muslim countries feel like it is ok to treat Christians in their country like dirt but they expect the red carpet treatment when they go to a Western country.

I just believe that you should treat people the way you want to be treated, I just don't understand why Muslim countries feel like it is ok to treat Christians in their country like dirt but they expect the red carpet treatment when they go to a Western country.

I understand your frustration, however should we become like them and lose ourselves in the process?

I don't think its asking too much for Pakistan to stop treating its Christian citizens like pariahs, Muslims expect equal rights when they come here so why can they not offer Christians in Pakistan equal rights? I don't think thats being unreasonable or asking too much.

I don't think its asking too much for Pakistan to stop treating its Christian citizens like pariahs, Muslims expect equal rights when they come here so why can they not offer Christians in Pakistan equal rights? I don't think thats being unreasonable or asking too much.

Just as they would like for the USA to stop killing Muslims? Or imprisioning them without trials?

Their country is their business, Our country is our business.
Has somethign to do with being a sovern nation.

I'm not suggesting we be more like them.

I'm suggesting we use diplomatic ties to "encourage" them to stop executing religious minorities simply because of hearsay evidence that they insulted Mohammed.

But you can keep hiding behind your partisan hack rhetoric if you like uscitizen, just know that you're not fooling anyone. :thup:

I understand your frustration, however should we become like them and lose ourselves in the process?

I'm not saying that I just don't understand why Islam is such a hostile aggressive religion when they claim to be a religion of peace.

Just as they would like for the USA to stop killing Muslims? Or imprisioning them without trials?

Their country is their business, Our country is our business.
Has somethign to do with being a sovern nation.

What? those Muslims that the US is "killing" are in wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the ones that are imprisoned are caught on the battlefields. This Pakistani lady was arrested for arguing with Muslim women over water in a market, she wasn't plotting a terrorist attack or hurting anyone, that comparison is very poor.

Should all christains be called the same names you call the christain church that hates gays and protests soldiers funerals?

Forum List

Back