More then 90 million people in United states family 4 living on less 21,000 a year

How is a healthcare tax credit a war on the middle class?

Big government is destroying the lower & middle class. Big government only favors government employees & the rich. Under the Obama government expansion the average government employees now get paid 35% more than private sector employees. Also the rich have increased their wealth & bonuses under Obama.

most of the middle class do not pay much, if anything, in income taxes...as well as over 60% of tax payers in the usa, only use the IRS short form and can not take any tax write offs....this measure is for the wealthiest, or perhaps the upper middle class....for the most part.

oh, and bulloney with '''under the obama gvt expansion....gvt employees paid 35% more than private sector'' CRAP....because it's just that, partisan crap....no one in gvt, under obama got a cost of living raise...no one....IF THEY MAKE 35% more, you can be darn certain this came from previous administrations/previous congress's actions, for the most part!, and not by your favored donkey to pin the tail on! :eek:

The middle class doesn't pay anything in income tax. How is a debate possible if you're going to say something so obviously wrong?

How do you figure?

most of the middle class do not pay much, if anything, in income taxes...as well as over 60% of tax payers in the usa, only use the IRS short form and can not take any tax write offs....this measure is for the wealthiest, or perhaps the upper middle class....for the most part.

oh, and bulloney with '''under the obama gvt expansion....gvt employees paid 35% more than private sector'' CRAP....because it's just that, partisan crap....no one in gvt, under obama got a cost of living raise...no one....IF THEY MAKE 35% more, you can be darn certain this came from previous administrations/previous congress's actions, for the most part!, and not by your favored donkey to pin the tail on! :eek:

The middle class doesn't pay anything in income tax. How is a debate possible if you're going to say something so obviously wrong?

How do you figure?

I'm middle class and I just submitted my income tax. Believe me, I paid.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/money/tax/article1996735.ece

Warren Buffett, the third-richest man in the world, has criticised the US tax system for allowing him to pay a lower rate than his secretary and his cleaner.

Do you believe what you say or are you just a liar?

Last edited by a moderator:
Under the Obama government expansion the average government employees now get paid 35% more than private sector employees. Also the rich have increased their wealth & bonuses under Obama.

Oops my bad:redface: The USA Today article: "For feds, more get 6-figure salaries Average pay $30,000 over private sector" has the average federal worker's pay at $71,206, compared with $40,331 in the private sector. That is 77% more than private sector workers.

Yes Obama did give federal employees another big raise. However the biggest boost to federal employees pay came in September 1999 when Clinton signed a law doubling the presidents pay from $200k to $400k & added tones of perks & expense accounts. This disastrous bill automatically gives congress a huge raise every year unless they vote it down every year.

:mad:Very Slick Willie!!!:mad::drillsergeant:After reading this I am now pissed off beyond words!!!:drillsergeant::mad:

:banghead: The Cato institute shows federal employees compensation at a solid 100% higher than private sector compensation. :banghead:

How do you figure?

Buffett blasts system that lets him pay less tax than secretary - Times Online

Warren Buffett, the third-richest man in the world, has criticised the US tax system for allowing him to pay a lower rate than his secretary and his cleaner.

Okay, this is confusing.

First the post says that the middle class doesn't pay anything in income tax.

Then you just said that you are middle class and you said "believe me, I paid".

Make up your mind please.

And thus are a net drain on growth. Government jobs are inelastic, unable to adapt to a changing marketplace, and drag an economy down. That they now pay better than the private sector is a cause of America's decline.

Nowhere else was this clearer than in Soviet Russia, where all jobs were government jobs.

Yes, but something else needs to be substituted for the govt jobs.
But then again is it wrong to be an actual part of your government?

If the government would get the hell out of the way and just let the private sector work, they would provide the jobs.

There is nothing wrong with being part of the government but we simply cannot afford to have more and more people working for the government. Because we have to pay them from taxes and, as you say, they get paid more and have higher benefits. Who the hell do you think pays for that?

Jobs don't get "provided" out of the blue.

When people have money to spend, they buy things. Then the companies who make things hire more people to make more things. But if the government gives incentives to send jobs overseas, the people here won't have jobs, therefore won't have money to buy things, therefore no jobs are created here.

Republicans have been giving tax cuts to the rich and letting the CEOs send our jobs elsewhere to get more tax cuts.

It's time to stop the re-disribution of wealth to the richest of the rich. It's destroying our country.

1/3 of Americans are desperately poor while 5% are filthy rich. And the rest of us struggle to get by as well.

The solution is to bring jobs back to the USA and raise taxes on the millionaires.

How do you figure?

Okay, this is confusing.

rdean didn't make the idiotic claim that the middle class doesn't pay taxes. KissMy made that stupid claim.

rdean was just responding to it.

Yes, but something else needs to be substituted for the govt jobs.
But then again is it wrong to be an actual part of your government?

If the government would get the hell out of the way and just let the private sector work, they would provide the jobs.

There is nothing wrong with being part of the government but we simply cannot afford to have more and more people working for the government. Because we have to pay them from taxes and, as you say, they get paid more and have higher benefits. Who the hell do you think pays for that?

When people have money to spend, they buy things. Then the companies who make things hire more people to make more things. But if the government gives incentives to send jobs overseas, the people here won't have jobs, therefore won't have money to buy things, therefore no jobs are created here.

Republicans have been giving tax cuts to the rich and letting the CEOs send our jobs elsewhere to get more tax cuts.

It's time to stop the re-disribution of wealth to the richest of the rich. It's destroying our country.

1/3 of Americans are desperately poor while 5% are filthy rich. And the rest of us struggle to get by as well.

The solution is to bring jobs back to the USA and raise taxes on the millionaires.

The best incentive the government can give for a corporation to send jobs overseas is to make it harder for an American company to do business in America.

The best incentive the government can give for a corporation to send jobs overseas is to make it harder for an American company to do business in America.

Exactly right. If Obama wants to insure jobs overseas he should continue the same route he is on, which is to make it harder for businesses to do business in america.

Okay, this is confusing.

rdean didn't make the idiotic claim that the middle class doesn't pay taxes. KissMy made that stupid claim.

rdean was just responding to it.

Ah. Thanks.

Under the Obama government expansion the average government employees now get paid 35% more than private sector employees. Also the rich have increased their wealth & bonuses under Obama.

Oops my bad:redface: The USA Today article: "For feds, more get 6-figure salaries Average pay $30,000 over private sector" has the average federal worker's pay at $71,206, compared with $40,331 in the private sector. That is 77% more than private sector workers.

Yes Obama did give federal employees another big raise. However the biggest boost to federal employees pay came in September 1999 when Clinton signed a law doubling the presidents pay from $200k to $400k & added tones of perks & expense accounts. This disastrous bill automatically gives congress a huge raise every year unless they vote it down every year.

:mad:Very Slick Willie!!!:mad::drillsergeant:After reading this I am now pissed off beyond words!!!:drillsergeant::mad:

:banghead: The Cato institute shows federal employees compensation at a solid 100% higher than private sector compensation. :banghead:

AGAIN, kiss, just saying, it was NOT the obama administration that did this, which is what you said?

this is from your Cato link:

What is going on here? Members of Congress who have large numbers of federal workers in their districts relentlessly push for expanding federal worker compensation. Also, the Bush administration had little interest in fiscal restraint...

Exactly right. If Obama wants to insure jobs overseas he should continue the same route he is on, which is to make it harder for businesses to do business in america.

Think it through. If jobs are moved overseas and no one here HAS a job, then those goods won't be sold here. THAT makes it more difficult to do business here. After all, no one has the money to buy anything. People with jobs here have money to buy stuff, HERE.

AGAIN, kiss, just saying, it was NOT the obama administration that did this, which is what you said?

Bull Shit :eusa_liar: Wrong Care4all!!!:eusa_liar: Obama did issue a 3.5% pay raise with Executive Order 13525 of December 23, 2009 Adjustments of Certain Rates of Pay. He did this while the rest of us suffered pay cuts, job losses, deflation, & high unemployment. He is just another Big Corporate Government Scumbag. Keep on chugging the Obama Kool-Aid.

rdean didn't make the idiotic claim that the middle class doesn't pay taxes. KissMy made that stupid claim. rdean was just responding to it.

I, KissMy DID NOT MAKE THAT CLAIM Queentard. Care4all made that claim.

Last edited:
How do you figure?

Okay, this is confusing.

does the wealthiest pay 70%-90% of the income tax burden as conservatives constantly claim and the rest of us only pay the remaining 10-30%?:confused:

some in the 2nd quin-tile, pay no income tax and many in the 3rd quintile of tax payers pay none or very little as a PERCENTAGE of their gross income, in federal income tax due to the earned income credit for those with a child if they make less than $48k. Many workers pay more in SS txes and Medicare taxes than they do in income taxes....

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY,

60% of income tax filers, file the short form, and do not qualify to take deductions or file the IRS long form for tax credits and deductions....

this is what I was initially commenting to...that republicans want to offer individuals the ability to take a tax deduction for what we pay for our health insurance without the requirement of being more than 7.5% of your earned income before you can take the deduction on costs above that percent....this will benefit some people, the people who file the long form and take deductions, but the other 60% who do not, and only file the short form, it will not...so basically, it is not a 'one fix wonder' in bringing health insurance prices down, as one poster suggested above, imo.

care

Absolutely, bring back child labor and $5/day wages.
We don't need clean drinking water.

What is destroying the Middle Class is the enormous tax cuts for the rich and moving jobs overseas to countries who have a public option so companies don't have to pay for health care.
Yeah, the Middle Class needs more government jobs!

*facepalm*

are you really this stupid? please tell me you misread his post before replying

Umm I dont think we have re-regulated anything yet. So why did not the de-regulations work? Or why did they quit working?
De-regulation is a myth.

The Financial Sector remains the most heavily regulated industry in the US, and there are multiple government agencies which regulate the sector:

SEC
CFTC
NCUA
FDIC
FTC
The Fed
Office of Thrift Supervision
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency

Your question should be, "Why did these multiple agencies fail to see and prevent this crash?" That's another thread...

it was seen by people all over the place, those people just don't have the power to do anything about it.

How is a healthcare tax credit a war on the middle class?

Big government is destroying the lower & middle class. Big government only favors government employees & the rich. Under the Obama government expansion the average government employees now get paid 35% more than private sector employees. Also the rich have increased their wealth & bonuses under Obama.

What is destroying the Middle Class is the enormous tax cuts for the rich and moving jobs overseas to countries who have a public option so companies don't have to pay for health care.

Unable to explain how Republican tax cuts are destroying the middle class, rdean-tard offers up another cup of Obama Kool-aid laced with public option health care.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

how does moving manufacturing jobs overseas help the middle class who are now unemployed because of it?

Umm I dont think we have re-regulated anything yet. So why did not the de-regulations work? Or why did they quit working?
De-regulation is a myth.

The Financial Sector remains the most heavily regulated industry in the US, and there are multiple government agencies which regulate the sector:

SEC
CFTC
NCUA
FDIC
FTC
The Fed
Office of Thrift Supervision
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency

Your question should be, "Why did these multiple agencies fail to see and prevent this crash?" That's another thread...
Because the same gubmint that can't keep cocaine off the streets also can't manage any markets.

do you realize how much people throughout our gov make from cocaine and other drugs??

90 Million is an awful lot of people/family units that live on $21k....though my husband and I live on a little less than that amount, now that we own our home and do not have a mortgage payment...(we own our cars as well, so we don't have those payments either, thus the position to live on less than the normal Joe family)

Gosh, 90 million is a pretty dismal and scary figure....I don't see it getting any better either, not for another year or 2, IF ALL GOES well! :eek:

is your income soley retirement funds?

Unable to explain how Republican tax cuts are destroying the middle class, rdean-tard offers up another cup of Obama Kool-aid laced with public option health care.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

how does moving manufacturing jobs overseas help the middle class who are now unemployed because of it?

Good question.
But at least they won't have to pay as much taxes :beer:

Forum List

Back