More Than Half of Obama's TV Spending Since April Has Been on Negative Ads

Zxereus

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2012
That's all Obama has since he cannot run on his terrible economy, unemployment, gas prices, Obamacare/Obamatax.

More Than Half of Obama's TV Spending Since April Has Been on Negative Ads

Looking for a little hope and change from President Obama’s reelection campaign? Give it up.

The vast majority of the president’s television spending this week bashes Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, either over his business record, his position on abortion rights, or his tax plan

Since April, just over half—about $27 million out of $51 million—of Obama’s television spending has been on negative ads, according to a GOP media tracker. But his campaign has taken an overwhelmingly negative turn at a time when the economic recovery is stalling, and it buttresses what the Republicans have been saying for months: The president’s overall strategy is to ruin Romney’s reputation, leaving voters without a viable alternative.

More Than Half of Obama's TV Spending Since April Has Been on Negative Ads - Yahoo! News

Think about WHY they are negative ads. To have a positive ad, you must have a positive message. Now what could be positive that Obama could say? Talk about his record? Hardly. He knows better than that and you can see he avoids that issue altogether!

Another positive message could be his plans for the future. If he had any real plans. But he has more of the same failed policies and people around him. So no new changes in the works.

What's left? Attack your opponent! Even if it's not truthful, maybe it will catch on and be touted by others on your side and the so the lying begins and get debunked, more come out, and get debunked and the circle of lies gets bigger and bigger.

But the last one was a whopper where he ight have been caught, That is where he said Romney committed a felony. Let's see where that lands. It's already been debunked, but will Romney push that ad in the courts for libel? Stay tuned....

My guess is that the Obama campaign had made a calculation here. They can go in one of two entirely different directions:

Argument 1 - This ain't my fault: There are people (of which I am one) who think that the global economic meltdown that was accelerating as Obama took office, coupled with the fact that the GOP was simply not going to cooperate with Obama on anything no matter what, gave Obama very few options in dealing with the economy. And, as a result, there's no way of judging his performance, it could be good, it could be bad.

Argument 2 - Romney's a Rich Meanie - This approach will certainly have more sway with his base, and the bet would be that the electorate will buy into it as well. The risk is that it leaves Obama open to Romney saying "Obama can't run on his record, so he's attacking me", which is a reasonable case to make.

Looks like they've gone with Argument 2, at least for now. It's early. Kind of.

Last edited:

My guess is that the Obama campaign had made a calculation here. They can go in one of two entirely different directions:

Argument 1 - This ain't my fault: There are people (of which I am one) who think that the global economic meltdown that was accelerating as Obama took office, coupled with the fact that the GOP was simply not going to cooperate with Obama on anything no matter what, gave Obama very few options in dealing with the economy. And, as a result, there's no way of judging his performance, it could be good, it could be bad.

Argument 2 - Romney's a Rich Meanie - This approach will certainly have more sway with his base, and the bet would be that the electorate will buy into it as well. The risk is that it leaves Obama open to Romney saying "Obama can't run on his record, so he's attacking me", which is a reasonable case to make.

How about argument 3 - My plan for the future?

How about argument 3 - My plan for the future?

He's a politician. Why in the world would he do that?

:cool:

Romney has an incredible - brilliant - election team.
I can't wait for the debates.
Obama needs to stock-up on tissue.

This is as yet unrecognized. Romney has put together a very strong team that can execute on a plan. That is part of his superiority as an administrator, a skill Obama lacks.

The fact that Obama is going negative this early is a bad sign for him. Conventional wisdom is that you go negative if you are not more than 15 mpoints up. The race should have been easy for him.

Obama is being mean to Romney!

crying+baby+girl+images+(11).jpg

I'm telling Fox!

Romney is letting Obama do his "thing". The real campaign will begin after the convention when he officially gets the nomination.

BTW, anyone heard about the Dem Convention in NC??

This is as yet unrecognized. Romney has put together a very strong team that can execute on a plan. That is part of his superiority as an administrator, a skill Obama lacks.

The fact that Obama is going negative this early is a bad sign for him. Conventional wisdom is that you go negative if you are not more than 15 mpoints up. The race should have been easy for him.

Remember that Obama hada great election organization but it didn't translate into a great administration team.

Remember that Obama hada great election organization but it didn't translate into a great administration team.

His election organization was the Main Stream Media and CNN, it didn't translate into a great administration because he picked them, unlike the media that picked him. ;)

The first scenario, what more could the Congress do? They passed Obamacare, they passed the stimulus, they passed or didn't stop TARP, they passed the Wall Street reform legislation. We should be thanking the GOP if they stopped Obama from doing any more damage.

I'm telling Fox!

Romney is crucifying the man-child, even as you spout your blathering, flailing stupidity.

President Romney.

Get used to it, pole smoker.

Romney hasn't even really started campaigning yet. And Obama can't run on his record................:eusa_shhh:

Romney has done everything right so far - and he's just warming up

The most brilliantly run campaign I can recall

I'm telling Fox!

Romney is crucifying the man-child, even as you spout your blathering, flailing stupidity.

President Romney.

Get used to it, pole smoker.

Sure he is

Romney can't even win over Conservatives

Why is it that the left thinks they know what everyone else is thinking. I would not have picked Romney but his speech to the NAACP sealed the deal for me. So once again the left says what they want to believe over what is actually the truth.

Forum List

Back