More than 800 gun buyers on terrorist list

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
WASHINGTON - More than 800 gun purchases were approved after background checks in the last five years even though the buyers' names were on the government's terrorist watch list, investigators said Monday.
Being on the watch list is not among the nine factors, such as a felony conviction, that disqualify someone from buying a gun under federal law. More than 900 background checks between February 2004 and February 2009 turned up names on the watch list, and all but 98 were allowed to go through.
The watch list — maintained by the FBI and used by federal, state and local law enforcement agencies — is meant to identify known or suspected terrorists. However, the list has drawn criticism over the years for mistakes that have led to questioning and searches of innocent people.

More than 800 gun buyers on terrorist list - Security- msnbc.com

Interesting.

Got a link to the list of 9 things that can get you denied?

Already posted this a couple days ago.

Lets see a Felony will take away your right to own weapons.

Being involuntarily committed will also remove your right to own weapons.

Being involved in any domestic violence no matter the charge will remove your right to own weapons.

Pretty sure being mentally deficient is also a dis qualifier.

being dishonorably discharged from the service is, I believe , another dis qualifier.

Being under the legal age to own weapons is another.

Those are the ones I can think of.

By the way one can petition the Secretary of the Treasury to have the right to own weapons returned.

Thx, RGS.

A dishonorable discharge will disqualify you? I did not know that.

Why the Treasury Secretary?

The noose tightens slowly.

I've mentioned it before but this "lone wolf terrorist" theory the government is working on has the potential of becoming a truly evil part of the ongoing system of power and control.

Basically, it plays out this way...without any real proof that a person is planning an act of terror and with absolutely no indication that a person is in any way involved in any conspiracy to commit an act of terror, some bureaucrat can decide that any citizen could potentially be a threat to public order.

Go back over the millions of words that we have all posted here.

I could (anyone could) probably take some post nearly any one of us has written, and construe that into us being "lone wolf terrorists".

Now honestly...how could anyone defend themselves against such a charge as that?

Such a charge requires absolutely no proof to make, and therefore there is no possible defence one can mount to prove that you're NOT a potential threat.

Land of the free and home of the brave, my ass!

Of course for many of you, this is a threat to your right to own guns.

But to me, this is really a much greater threat to our right to free expression.

Talk about your potential thought crimes?

Forum List

Back