More than 52,000 Canadians left the country for medical care in 2014

Let's wait for some Canadians to weigh in on this. In one way that looks like a lot of people but maybe not.

I was vacationing in Florida a couple weeks ago and saw a ton of Ontario license plates. If these geezers are seeing American doctors in Florida just because they happen to be there during the winter months, it is no poor reflection on Canadian healthcare. I wonder of they would be included in this 52 thousand.

I don't think snowbirds are included in those statistics.

Snowbirds through to Vegas every Winter and we see thousands of license plates coming through from the south.

I wonder just how many of them get their medical needs taken care of while they're here in the USA.

Good question

How many of that 52,000 are Canadians here for the winter or on vacation that need medical help?

Snowbirds through to Vegas every Winter and we see thousands of license plates coming through from the south.

I wonder just how many of them get their medical needs taken care of while they're here in the USA.

Good question

How many of that 52,000 are Canadians here for the winter or on vacation that need medical help?

None. The study specifies what they are estimating.

The study, Leaving Canada for Medical Care 2015 estimates 52,513 Canadians left the country to receive non-emergency medical treatment in 2014,​

Forum List

Back