More than 40 schools in Detroit, Michigan, set to close

I saw a documentary on Detriot just the other day. If there is a city in need of bulldozing, it is Detriot.

Farmland might actually benefit the area. Atleast the workers might be able to grow some food.

They need to bulldoze major sections of Detroit and start over in a smaller footprint

A city with vacant buildings and empty lots interspersed with a few homes is not sustainable

They need to bulldoze major sections of Detroit and start over in a smaller footprint

A city with vacant buildings and empty lots interspersed with a few homes is not sustainable

Smaller footprint...

I dont really think that's the issue here.

Coleman Young was the first black mayor of Detroit and was a democrat, since this historic event all mayors of Detroit have been Democrats and black.

1974 is when this began and this is pretty much when Detroit began its rapid decline. The Liberal/Marxist is spinning the story as if this was caused by the free american citizens buying the vehicles that they freely choose.

So what happened.

Despite what color or party affiliation of the politicians they need tax money. No tax money and they fail, take too much and you lose business, you lose business and you lose tax money.

I remember when Detroit was the murder capital of the world, a very dangerous place, hence anyone with the ability fled the crime wave taking more tax money with them.

Enviromentalists also helped by preventing the car industry from expanding as well as sustaining itself.

Unions also helped destroy Detroit, unless you knew somebody you did not get in the Union, this prevented a lot of the poorest of the city from getting good paying union jobs.

An oversimplified quick post on what happened.

Detroit deserves discussion, what happened in Detroit is happening elsewhere, its possible the entire USA will be in the same condition as Detroit.

Coleman Young was the first black mayor of Detroit and was a democrat, since this historic event all mayors of Detroit have been Democrats and black.

1974 is when this began and this is pretty much when Detroit began its rapid decline. The Liberal/Marxist is spinning the story as if this was caused by the free american citizens buying the vehicles that they freely choose.

So what happened.

Despite what color or party affiliation of the politicians they need tax money. No tax money and they fail, take too much and you lose business, you lose business and you lose tax money.

Since you're pointing out the race and party affilliation of the mayors, are you arguing that cities that have only had white republican mayors for a certain period of time don't have financial problems? If not, then what's your point?

So what happened.

Since you're pointing out the race and party affilliation of the mayors, are you arguing that cities that have only had white republican mayors for a certain period of time don't have financial problems? If not, then what's your point?

My point, I think my point is all aspects of Detroit's problems should be discussed.

Detroit was rich, Detroit was successful, what happened and why, who was in charge, who did what, who are they, why did they do what they did, is that not all important. Should I be forced to ignore facts simply because of ones race.

Why did black democratically controled Detroit fail, seems like a good question.

Hi Phil:

I heard they might bulldoze the city and turn it into farmland...

More than 40 schools in Detroit, Michigan, set to close under plan - CNN.com

Detroit is only the tip of the proverbial imploding school system iceberg all across the USA.

MSNBC.com Story

U.S. schools in ‘category 5’ budget crisis

Thousands of teachers face layoffs as recession meets falling enrollments

By Alex Johnson
Reporter
msnbc.com
updated 5:48 a.m. PT, Thurs., March. 18, 2010

At the center of the country’s school funding crisis are little boys and girls like Kyle Wolfe, a 3-year-old pupil in Rising Stars, a pre-kindergarten program for at-risk children in communities near Rockford, Ill.

“I can’t even begin to describe the way Kyle has grown since starting this program,” said his mother, Carolyn.

Last week, the Harlem School District Board of Education, which serves the communities of Loves Park, Machesney Park and southern Roscoe, voted to eliminate Rising Stars because the state of Illinois hasn’t made good on the grants that support it. The vote means the nearly 400 youngsters the program serves “will be entering kindergarten delayed academically and socially,” said Lynn Wade, a pre-K teacher at the Donald C. Parker Early Education Center in Machesney Park.[More]
America's inability to grasp 'the real' problem is yet another reason that the USA will certainly be destroyed (#1-10). In other words, I can give you a long list of reasons that the U.S. School System will definitely IMPLODE right long with the U.S. Economy, but there is no guarantee (if you are an American) that anything I say will make one lick of sense ...

The #1 reason that schools are suffering budget shortfalls is because the Bush and Obama Administrations allow 20 to 30 Million Illegal Aliens to run around loose EVERYWHERE. Of course, STUPID Americans cannot make the connection, so I will try to connect a few dots:

The typical county in the USA has a specific number of mason jobs and carpenter jobs and dry-wall jobs and painter jobs, so on and so forth. Your local job market mirrors the shape of the socioeconomic pyramid with a wide base (those working with their hands), and a very small peak of corporation owners, with the service sector jobs falling in the middle. Just one Illegal Alien Foreign National sneaks into the local job market to 'displace' just one American Worker, until that worker must go out and displace another American from his job and the 'displacement cycle' is ENDLESS.

Displaced workers lose their homes and cannot pay their taxes and the local budget crisis begins for the local schools. Displaced workers on the crowded lower rungs of the socioeconomic pyramid must educate themselves to begin displacing workers higher up in the scheme of things, until highly-educated workers begin taking jobs flipping burgers and bagging groceries to make ends meet. Multiply this 'displacement process' by 20 to 30 MILLION and then add 1.5 Million Guest Worker Foreign Nationals that also displace U.S. Workers from JOBS. Then add all of the outsourced jobs to the list and those jobs shipped overseas through NAFTA Offshoring of the U.S. Manufacturing Base and you have a Worker Displacement Formula for Budget Crisis Disaster!!!

This Obama Health Care Stupidity is going to spell more trouble for the local job markets trying to compete with overseas workers that have NO health care, which will only make American goods and services that much more expensive. The short of a very long story is that Obama is deliberately destroying the American Consumer/Tax Base by devaluing the U.S. Dollar and displacing as many U.S. Workers as humanly possible in the shortest amount of time. Private Sector DEBT is being shifted over to the National Debt that is already more than 100 Trillion Dollars and heading to 200 Trillion Dollars, which means servicing that Debt is only going to become more difficult in the long run.

The only reason that the U.S. Economy has not imploded already is because the Bailout Bubble has yet to burst, but that is coming very soon ...

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
The #1 reason that schools are suffering budget shortfalls is because the Bush and Obama Administrations allow 20 to 30 Million Illegal Aliens to run around loose EVERYWHERE. Of course, STUPID Americans cannot make the connection, so I will try to connect a few dots:

Wrong, first you should of stated the Clinton/Bush/Obama administrations.

Illegal aliens live in homes and apartments, last time I checked property tax is collected despite the immigration status of the occupants.

What is destroying the schools is Government policies. Government regulation, Government bueracracy.

Everything in the government needs to privatized to allow competition.

Our schools need a severe make-over of privitization. A new approach that emphasises the basics. Our whole country needs a make-over.

Bring the jobs back, all things consumed in the USA should be at least 70% USA content, this will give us the strong industry needed to pump the money into the economy that will pay for the education as well as give the jobs the next generation needs.

The politicians on both sides have become rich with money and power, in addition to the politicians the BUERACRATS are getting rich and powerful beyond control.

The result is a bunch of uneducated fools being released into society continueing the cycle.

Hi Mdn:

Illegal Alien Sympathizers are just as wrong as our bought-and-paid-for Congressional Representatives working every damned day for the Open Borders Lobby for the destruction of these United States.

Illegal aliens live in homes and apartments, last time I checked property tax is collected despite the immigration status of the occupants.

Mdn is 'not' addressing the 'worker displacement' problem that finds a record number of "Americans" going bankrupt and into foreclosure. Mdn is 'not' addressing the budget shortfall problems associated with "Americans" being 'displaced' from JOBS, which means they cannot afford to pay their taxes and make contributions to the local school budget. Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals live 10 and 20 in one house 'and' everyone renting to Illegal Aliens is guilty of 'harboring, aiding and abetting illegal aliens.' Mdn would rather "Americans" live in Tent Cities, so unscrupulous landlords can have more room for Illegal Aliens ...

What is destroying the schools is Government policies. Government regulation, Government bueracracy.

Mdn is trying to argue against the 'Govt Policy' that allows millions and millions and millions of Illegal Aliens to run around loose EVERYWHERE 'displacing' U.S. Workers from JOBS amid escalating unemployment :)cuckoo:) that destroys the local Job/Consumer/Tax Base. Guess what? Displaced American Workers cannot afford to support the local school budget and Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals ship their money back home and 'out' of the local markets ...

Everything in the government needs to privatized to allow competition.

An American bricklayer or carpenter cannot compete with 20 goddamned Illegal Aliens living in one house (you moron). Illegal Aliens kill 25 American Citizens EVERY DAY (story and story), but Mdn feels that rental income makes 'lawlessness' worth the price ...

Our schools need a severe make-over of privitization. A new approach that emphasises the basics. Our whole country needs a make-over.

Listen here, Mr. Mdn: Moving your lips to say "Privatization" is no answer to anything!! Again, we have far too much "Outsourcing of JOBS" overseas and far too many Foreign Nationals (legal and illegal) running around 'displacing' U.S. Workers from JOBS. The manufacturing base has already been shipped overseas 'and' Cap and Tax and ObamaCare (130 Economists Say ObamaCare is Jobkiller) are going to send even more JOBS out of the local job markets to places where taxes are not escalating out of control! If Obama really wanted to create one job, then he would deport one Illegal Alien Foreign National, but that is NEVER going to happen in a kabillion years; because he is destroying the local job markets very much on purpose ...

Bring the jobs back, all things consumed in the USA should be at least 70% USA content, this will give us the strong industry needed to pump the money into the economy that will pay for the education as well as give the jobs the next generation needs.

Mdn is not paying enough attention to even begin addressing the points of my argument above. You cannot bring JOBS back to the USA with 20 MILLION goddamned Illegal Aliens making an Illegal Alien Labor Pool that allows unscrupulous contractors to pick around American Workers. All you are doing is creating more jobs for Illegal Aliens that ship more money overseas and south of the border, while more and more Americans are forced to live in their cars ...

The politicians on both sides have become rich with money and power, in addition to the politicians the BUERACRATS are getting rich and powerful beyond control.

Yes. They work for the Open Borders Lobby and the corrupt Medical Lobby and more than 40,000 other Washington Lobbyists that bribe our corrupt politicians every day of the week ...

The result is a bunch of uneducated fools being released into society continueing the cycle.

And that includes Mdn and the rest of you Open Border Lobby Idiots who think that allowing millions and millions and millions of Illegal Aliens to strut around everywhere is a great idea ...

Thank you for making my point (#11) about why the USA "Is" Definitely Worthy Of Utter Destruction From The Face Of The Earth ...

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
Since Bush is able to steer hurricanes to destroy cities like New Orleans, I wonder why he didn't destroy this crap heap of a city too.

Privitization of schools would only make the poor get poorer.
We need to go in the direction the Europeans and the Japanese have gone, with more trade schools at the high school level, and with a stricter guidelines and longer school years.

Hi Mdn:

Illegal Alien Sympathizers are just as wrong as our bought-and-paid-for Congressional Representatives working every damned day for the Open Borders Lobby for the destruction of these United States.

Mdn is 'not' addressing the 'worker displacement' problem that finds a record number of "Americans" going bankrupt and into foreclosure. Mdn is 'not' addressing the budget shortfall problems associated with "Americans" being 'displaced' from JOBS, which means they cannot afford to pay their taxes and make contributions to the local school budget. Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals live 10 and 20 in one house 'and' everyone renting to Illegal Aliens is guilty of 'harboring, aiding and abetting illegal aliens.' Mdn would rather "Americans" live in Tent Cities, so unscrupulous landlords can have more room for Illegal Aliens ...

Mdn is trying to argue against the 'Govt Policy' that allows millions and millions and millions of Illegal Aliens to run around loose EVERYWHERE 'displacing' U.S. Workers from JOBS amid escalating unemployment :)cuckoo:) that destroys the local Job/Consumer/Tax Base. Guess what? Displaced American Workers cannot afford to support the local school budget and Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals ship their money back home and 'out' of the local markets ...

An American bricklayer or carpenter cannot compete with 20 goddamned Illegal Aliens living in one house (you moron). Illegal Aliens kill 25 American Citizens EVERY DAY (story and story), but Mdn feels that rental income makes 'lawlessness' worth the price ...

Listen here, Mr. Mdn: Moving your lips to say "Privatization" is no answer to anything!! Again, we have far too much "Outsourcing of JOBS" overseas and far too many Foreign Nationals (legal and illegal) running around 'displacing' U.S. Workers from JOBS. The manufacturing base has already been shipped overseas 'and' Cap and Tax and ObamaCare (130 Economists Say ObamaCare is Jobkiller) are going to send even more JOBS out of the local job markets to places where taxes are not escalating out of control! If Obama really wanted to create one job, then he would deport one Illegal Alien Foreign National, but that is NEVER going to happen in a kabillion years; because he is destroying the local job markets very much on purpose ...

Mdn is not paying enough attention to even begin addressing the points of my argument above. You cannot bring JOBS back to the USA with 20 MILLION goddamned Illegal Aliens making an Illegal Alien Labor Pool that allows unscrupulous contractors to pick around American Workers. All you are doing is creating more jobs for Illegal Aliens that ship more money overseas and south of the border, while more and more Americans are forced to live in their cars ...

Yes. They work for the Open Borders Lobby and the corrupt Medical Lobby and more than 40,000 other Washington Lobbyists that bribe our corrupt politicians every day of the week ...

And that includes Mdn and the rest of you Open Border Lobby Idiots who think that allowing millions and millions and millions of Illegal Aliens to strut around everywhere is a great idea ...

Thank you for making my point (#11) about why the USA "Is" Definitely Worthy Of Utter Destruction From The Face Of The Earth ...

GL,

Terral

You know whats wrong with your response, and I may be stretching what I know and I admit this outright, but what is wrong is you may be a bigot, you contribute much to me based on one statement.

Illegal Alien sympathizer, Empathizer yes, sympathizer no. I have been a victim of illegal aliens, I have been robbed by illegal aliens, I have been vandalized by illegal aliens, I have stood in line with my wife at the emergency room and watched the mexican receptionist send illegal aliens to the upstairs clinic which cost nothing while my wife cried and in pain for hours only for the hospital to charge my insurance company 14,000 dollars in which I paid 20%, incidently they determined my wife may of been pregnant and it was most likely normal pain. I have personally been robbed three times by illegal aliens. I have had a truck driven by illegal aliens lose its load and smash the window of my truck, the illegal alien asked me for a break, not to file a report, to call him and he would pay for the damage yet when I called nobody understood english and I got fucked.

Sympathiser, go fuck yourself moron.

Where the moron is right is I am not addressing the "worker displacement", this is a thread about Detroits schools, not illegal immigration, how in the hell does this moron equate Detroit schools financial problems with illegal aliens? Seriously, Detroits problem is "worker displacement" caused by illegal aliens in Detroit. A very ignorant comment misplaced in this thread.

Mdn is 'not' addressing the budget shortfall problems associated with "Americans" being 'displaced' from JOBS, which means they cannot afford to pay their taxes and make contributions to the local school budget.

Thats right, when your right your right and once again we are talking about Detroit you moron.

Last time I checked General Motors did not hire thousands of illegal aliens.

Aliens is guilty of 'harboring, aiding and abetting illegal aliens.' Mdn would rather "Americans" live in Tent Cities, so unscrupulous landlords can have more room for Illegal Aliens ...

Really, you get this from a discussion about Detroit schools. Talk about being an asshole. You got no idea who I am, what I think, nor what I live, your a fucking asshole.

Mdn is not paying enough attention to even begin addressing the points of my argument above.

Very rich indeed coming from an asshole who missed that this thread is discussing Detroit.

Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals live 10 and 20 in one house

Another useless moronic statement out of context in this discussion but let me set you straight you fuck wad.

10 or 20? Which is it, you dont know, or can you not come up with the average.

First who am I, I am the one that has lived with illegal Aliens, try the corner of Malaga and La Cresta, the lantern district of Dana Point California, look it up on google maps and take a look at the street veiw, you will see my old house (too long to tell why its not mine now but relevant to the topic), its a tiny 640 sq ft house on a 4,000 sq ft lot, look kitty corner across the street, see the four plex, look behind my house, see duplexes, look down the street, see apartments, this is where I used to live amongst the illegal aliens.

10 per apartment, wow, how many kids, you throw 10-20 out like they are all kids which they are not. 10 in one apartment, that is mom and dad, grandma, grandpa, two kids, maybe three, a brother, maybe two brothers, that is nine people, a lot less than 20.

Two kids going to school from one apartment, the property tax covers this, you expect us to believe an illegal alien family paying rent impacts more negatively than a white family? Pretty racist.

You sound like a bigot.

I have worked hand and hand with Mexicans in the USA illegally, I am glad they are here, its not their problem the must break a law to live, do you really blame them for leaving the cesspool third world of mexico.

I am proud that illegal aliens brought a bottle of Cazadores to my house, I am proud to share a drink with my fello mankind.

Hell I lived in Tijuana for seven months because my girlfriend of the time was not allowed to come visit me, I paid immigrations four times to get her visa, four times refused, why because assholes Terral scream at politicians hence the bueracrats fuck me over. I married the woman, paid 2,000 dollar on visas only to have the bueracrats send the permanent resident card to the wrong address, now I have to pay another 2,000 dollars to bring my wife to the USA as well as my two children, so they sit is a third world hell hole, I worry every day about their safety and than I got some dumb ass punk ass snot nosed pussy wimp hiding safe behind your computer telling me about immigration and illegal aliens.

I have been invited in the home of mexicans in tijuana, I have BBQ's beef with them, drank with them, I have had them call paramedics when I have needed them, all in Tijuana.

People are people no matter their race, I have been fucked over by mexican thieves and i have seen kindness extended to my by complete strangers in Mexico.

What a lousy person you are to mouth off to me, low life you are, nothing you have learned.

Men and Women, Terral is neither.

The problem with the USA and the schools is Terral, the ignorant go off on rants which have nothing or little to do with the real problems in the USA.

Sorry if I dont address anyone else, its late, I am beat, and Terral I wish I could meet.

I do feel good, being a 6' 2" man, 200 lbs, looking forward to making 54$ a hour this week for about 32 hours, the other 40 hours I will make 36$, relevance here, despite knowing that pissants are posting pure bigoted bullshit my life is fair to me.

Hopefully my family will be safe a few more months while I fight the Bueracrats that Terral loves and supports.

Terral, forever I will think of shit when I hear the name Terral. Sounds like a name of a criminal from compton, hence the anger towards people who work, makes terral's lazy ass look bad.

Last edited:

Privitization of schools would only make the poor get poorer.
We need to go in the direction the Europeans and the Japanese have gone, with more trade schools at the high school level, and with a stricter guidelines and longer school years.

I did not state the poor should pay for private schools, I did not state anyone should pay for school, you assume,

tax money should pay private companies to run schools, simple standards of the basics, I am for trade schools in high school. All private but paid for with tax money.

Why not ask how the poor would pay and wait for a response, you made a good point but assumed I was finished expressing my ideas when I was not.

Sorry if I seem pissed, I am and I am not pissed at you, just thought you deserved my response before I log off.

Any intelligent poster just ignores the ranting of Terral.

hence you could not ignore the both of us.

Intelligent posters also let people know exactly how stupid they are, if you are being nice sorry but I am pissed, as I should be, I kind of take that you are insinuating I am not intelligent because I responded hence I point out you did not ignore the rants, forgive me if I am out of line.

I dont let idiots on a message board fuck with me without me giving it back ten fold. Damn liberal marxist, stupid revisionist, under educated school children or just plain old mean people, the problem is too many people are politie and pacifists in the face of the tyranny of the ugly people who post.

Point em out, let them know who they are, not to get even, not out of revenge, do it so that others who happen apon your comments will see that you defend and stand by your post with passion, blast em so others who happen by know without a second thought they are morons.

Most importantly I may get lucky and educate or change one lost soul who never had the honor of having a man in their life. Some people may respond, most may not, but try I will.

I may be steamed but I am not above reason or forgiveness, if said person cares not so be it, being sweet and ignoring them wont change behaviour, a harsh does of reality and their own medicine may.

I will wait and see.

Forum List

Back