More than 15, 000 Scientists protest Kyoto accord...

Of course ad-homs aren't as persuasive as addressing what the linked article actually says...

Of course I will dismiss people or organziation which I KNOW to be nothing more than propagandists.

I KNOW this organziation for what it is.

ad hominems.

ad ho·mi·nem Audio Help /æd ˈhɒmənəm‑ˌnɛm, ɑd-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ad hom-uh-nuhm‑nem, ahd-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1. appealing to one's prejudices, emotions, or special interests rather than to one's intellect or reason.
2. attacking an opponent's character rather than answering his argument
dictionary.com

Hey, and look what else I found:
ad fem·i·nam /æd ˈfɛməˌnæm, -nəm, ɑd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ad fem-uh-nam, -nuhm, ahd] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective appealing to one's personal considerations or feelings about women, esp. one's prejudices against them.

I'll have to think about how I can insult someone using ad feminam.

Last edited:
thanks, Allie.

I partly wondered if it was justa regular quip thrown around here or something.

I definitely witnessed some ad feminam in the thread on abortion, lol.

~Damn, steer. I can see you're gonna keep me busy already...

..but without sounding too contrived, go ahead n' try to be smooth as steer with that one.--I'm waiting.:eusa_whistle:

me? i don't go out of my way to try to insult people, but i have seen a few ad feminam misogynistic attacks in my day... :eusa_whistle:

I wonder how much CO2 gas you spew into the atomsphere from hot air GW alarmism? Maybe you should stop exhaling since by exhaling you are polluting the earth. Anybody who disagrees with your hysteria is funded by big oil, even though there are millions and millions being made by GW alarmist through grants, book deals, speaking engagements, GW enviromental studies....

Personal attacks aren't convincing arguments. You remind me of that old saying....

When the facts are on your side, argue the facts.
When the law is on your side, argue the law.
When you have neither, bang on the table.

Personal attacks aren't convincing arguments. You remind me of that old saying....

When the facts are on your side, argue the facts.
When the law is on your side, argue the law.
When you have neither, bang on the table.

Kinda what you do in every thread.

I wonder how much CO2 gas you spew into the atomsphere from hot air GW alarmism? Maybe you should stop exhaling since by exhaling you are polluting the earth. Anybody who disagrees with your hysteria is funded by big oil, even though there are millions and millions being made by GW alarmist through grants, book deals, speaking engagements, GW enviromental studies....

The bold area, could be interpreted as a legit question. Considering CO2 is expelled everytime you breath. The remaining part of the post describes your position. How is that a personal attack?

Describing the Heartland Folks as Neo-cons is NOT an insult.

They describe themselves as such.

Unlike you folks, I suppose, I know a board member of that august body.

He is also a fellow of the Hoover Institute.

I understand who they are and what axes they like the grind.

Forum List

Back